Be You...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by DV8, Apr 6, 2010.

1. DV8

DV8
    Gold Member

Albums:
    So, a friend of mine told me to write this post. I'm not exactly sure where to begin or what to say, but I will definitely give the effort that's deserved. Some of you may know me as DrGodiva, or you did. I changed my name because I wanted people to call me Dante' instead of DrG, Godiva, etc. My name is Dante', and I'm comfortable with that(Dante wasn't available as a username- still bitter about that!).

I really want to give those who don't know me a bit of background information, so here goes. I'm 24 years old (will be 25 in 17 days), and I'm from South West Virginia. I'm studying to be a psychologist, and I'm looking into Relationship and Sexual Therapy; seems like a good path for me. I'm very open about myself, I enjoy getting to know people, and I enjoy letting people get to know me. People are very important to me, even strangers. I've always believed myself to be a very nice guy, however, I have a fire side- treat me the way you would want to be treated, I'll do the same, and that side of me you'll never see.

I've always had a gift for reading people. I just pick things up, and it makes it easier for people to talk to me; we all prefer to connect with those who understand us. This isn't something that I just do in real life, but here as well. I feel that even though this is a forum, the people I communicate with are living, breathing-beings, who wake up everyday and hope that the world doesn't eat them alive. Just like me. I believe that's why it's so easy for me to give a damn. So even if I've never met my online friend from 2,000 miles away, I still hope that their day didn't suck, you know what I mean?

Over the years, I've gotten to know people, and I've noticed the same thing in so many of them- most of them are afraid to be who they are. I personally can't understand that, and it breaks my heart to know that this is the case. People showing the world what they want it to see, however, a majority of what appears to be strength is weakness in gold ribbon. I've just never understood why we as people choose to lead double lives, when living one is hard as it is. Years ago, I said to hell with that. I am who I am. I'm a good person, and I love my fellow man. And I've made myself perfectly aware that there is no extra credit in the end; just do the best you can.

If you feel that I'm speaking to you, please hear me when I say "Love yourself". That's right, love yourself. Examine every aspect about yourself that you can recognize and appreciate it. Take no shame in it, even if no one else cares for it. We spend our whole lives giving a damn about what other people think, and we rarely listen to ourselves- that's not fair. And if you feel that your life is not fair, feel free to rationally even up the score. Never be afraid to do so, because you only get one life to live, might as well be comfortable in it.

That's why I love sex. Sex is the one moment that you can share with one or multiple human-beings, and you show them who you are. You are fully exposed, and your body won't tell a lie. I'm a firm believer that you can't truly appreciate someone unless you know who they are. And here you have a forum/chatroom, where you can meet others who express your similar interests. That's amazing to me. It depresses me when I meet people who are still lying to themselves, thus, they lie to you. No Ma'am- that I can't deal with. I apologize, but if I want to speak with a fictional character, I can create my own, and he'll be 100 times more impressive than the one you created, I assure you.

So if you're gay, bi, straight, married, divorced, single, a parent, got a big dick, got a little one, don't have a dick at all! Hey- it's all good! You don't have to express that- just don't lie. Because when you do, no one is appreciating you- just the person it took you 30 seconds to create, and yet you still lack an outlet. Be You!

Love yourself just like I love you. If any of you ever want to speak to someone, or feel that you need to- feel more than free to message me.

Take Care Everyone,

Dante'

2. luka82

Gold Member

I am who I am!

3. DV8

DV8
    Gold Member

Albums:
    You just have to be. I believe that it makes life more interesting :)

4. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

*Tear*
    Bravo maestro-- errr, Dante, bravo!
    Bit of a fixation?:wink:

Dante, you're a great person, and people would be wise to heed your advice. We have a lot of fun, and I'm glad we met.

You be that good Christian boy you are!:tongue:
    And don't forget your 'medication'.:wink:

5. DV8

DV8
    Gold Member

Albums:
    I just love you! You're perfect in every way! NEVER CHANGE!!!! And I truly do appreciate what you said! Thank you!

6. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    That was beautiful! It's very easy to be myself around you. Thank you for being my friend!

I'm glad that you decided to stick around LPSG. You're advice and talent for listening are invaluable at a place like this. This place wouldn't be the same without you! I'd miss you in video chat!

7. DV8

DV8
    Gold Member

Albums:
    Awwww! Sweetheart! Thank you so much!!!! And you don't have to thank me for being your friend, because you're truly mine too! We're even on that :) And yeah, I'm going to stick around, and hopefully I can do a lot of positive things and discover a lot about others and myself here. :) And I would definitely miss you and few others :( So it's good that I'm staying :)

8. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

Some people just dont like what they are? I like what you said, but its not as easy as that.

Ive changed alot recently, alot for the better, but do i love myself? I like myself, but i think i have some more to go before i love myself.

9. DV8

DV8
    Gold Member

Albums:
    Sweetheart, I feel you! I really do. It wasn't an easy journey for me either. It does hit a point where you just get so sick and tired and being sick and tired, and trying to live in walls that keep getting smaller and smaller. It's at that point that you understand that you're worth it, boy! And you'll do what you can to break out. It took honesty and heart to share that with me- thank you :)

:D

Dante

#9 DV8, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  10. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

Oh, i know im worth it :wink: Just took along time to get there. Im just getting to a point where i can forgive certain people and really move on. then ill be truly happy. Not that im unhappy now or anything. Just so i can truly be at peace with the last few years.

11. DV8

DV8
    Gold Member

Albums:

You have no idea how happy I am to hear that :)
    Good for you, sweetheart!

12. athleticguy

athleticguy New Member

Never spoken to you before, but can I just say, you'll be a great psychologist. If I ever go loopy, I'm giving you a call. Your post was nice to read, made me smile, it's nice to see something posetive.

Have a good one.

13. onewatcher

onewatcher Active Member

Albums:
    Dante, you really sound like an awesome young man. So together for your years. Please, read the post above yours, "is wanting to be straight wrong" that poor boy could use your wisdom. Thank you for posting. Your advice is for anyone of any age.

14. DV8

DV8
    Gold Member

Albums:
    I really just wanted to say thank you both. I truly do appreciate that, and to hear that from two different people really makes my day :) And Onewatcher- believe it or not, I already saw that and have every intention on responding to that! :) Thank you again and feel free to stay in touch- both of you!

Dante'

15. exwhyzee

Gold Member

You should create a Dear Dr. Dante help desk...

Dear Dr. Dante,

I am a gemini, which one am I?

Luv, Ex

16. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
    nice, not bad for your youthful tender age.
    Ever learn why people put on masks. Ever wonder the origins of mask.
    I won't deny you the opportunity to research.
    Children are most open and honest and forthright. Then some "parent" who often has issues ( and many there are) chastises and instills a false sense of doom and fear into them and they spend what could be the best years of their lives unscrewing their ill-advised and adjusted temperaments, dispositions and psyches.

When you are you, humankind moves towards harmony.

17. DV8

DV8
    Gold Member

Albums:
    I like that

18. lopo2000

Gold Member

It's great to read a nice piece of wisdom by you. I'm sure you're a nice guy. Why do nice people with whom I can be who I really am are sooo far away? That's okay, LPSG can do the comfort.

Anyways, I can't really be the way I am (i.e. gay) in this neighborhood or I'll get killed. *sigh

19. DV8

DV8
    Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm so sorry to hear that, bud :( Come to the US!!! We'll party!!

20. luka82

Gold Member

LOL!
    I know exactly what you mean!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted