Befriending Requests

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hi everyone, How many of you are aware of what a befriending request is. This is were a member logs on to your personal profile and sends you a "Befriending Request" If you are not famiilier with this then why not take this opportunity to have a look now. You never know you may already have loads of people seeking to be you on-line LPSG friend.

For those of you who are familiar with the facility I would ask:

1. how many of you check to see if you have any requests on a regular basis
  2. how many of you check and ignore any requests
  3. how many of you check and only select the ones you want to be friend and ignore the rest.
Don't forget these people have sent there request to you for genuine reasons. If they are not your type or you don't wish to befreind then then have the curticy to say "thanks but no thanks".

At least anyone who has not had a responce to there request knows where they stand. We have all said that LPSG is one big happy family then treat the members as such and reply to their requests one way or another. At least they know where the stand.

Thanks for listening

Smartalk

Last edited:

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'm reasonably selective about who I accept because I value those on my list. I like it to reflect who my friends really are.

My signature specifically asks people to contact me before sending me a request and when someone doesn't, I wonder how much they know or care about me or the request. If when I get it I see that, for instance, they've been a member for 2 years, have 16 posts and 235 friends, I assume they're collecting avatars and I just delete them.

If, on the other hand, they're a newbie or someone I've spoken to occasionally but yet am not particularly close to, I write thanking them and asking to get to know them better.

I haven't asked sent too many requests myself, but when I do I always give that person the reasons why I'm asking, a heads up that it's coming, and tell them I hope they'll accept but that I'll understand if they don't. I know from experience that that's a bit of a humbling experience but I think that's as it should be.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
People are allowed to take it as seriously as they want, tbh. I don't care what anyone else does regarding their friends list, that's their own business. Personally, I'll add just about anyone that requests an add unless they're just super creepy, but a lot of that is because I'm a moderator and I know that sometimes people appreciate being able to see what moderators are online at any given time without having to navigate to any other section of the site other than the home page. If/when my tenure as a moderator ends, I might clean that up a bit...

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
I guess I am somewhat of a friend whore (not as bad as some one here though). If someone has made a gesture to befriend me, I check out the profile and if they seem to be pretty cool,(my standard btw) I add them. Many of them continue to communicate with me on and off over time dependent on their time commitments in real life. I have made several friends as a result who I communicate with outside of LPSG.

You never know what might happen when you start a conversation with or befriend someone. I started one with someone almost 18 months ago and am very glad that I did.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well it's dead easy to see the requests cos they pop up at the top of the page.

If I've had previous contact with them or we've been posting in the same thread and know who they are then I add them straight away.

But if I've never heard of them, I usually wait a few days to see if they say hi somewhere but if I don't hear anything else or see them around I have to say I generally delete the request! :redface:

If their 'just collecting names' and have hundreds of friends and I've never heard of them, I generally delete straight away. I don't feel the need to be one of hundreds! :smile:

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm reasonably selective about who I accept because I value those on my list. I like it to reflect who my friends really are.

take him at his word people!.....after 14 unsuccessful attempts and 3 restraining orders, i gave up. :eek:

my parole officer says i need to accept that i'm not one of "the chosen" and move on.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
take him at his word people!.....after 14 unsuccessful attempts and 3 restraining orders, i gave up. :eek:

my parole officer says i need to accept that i'm not one of "the chosen" and move on.

You are such a liar, thad. I practically grovel at your feet; what does it take to get your attention?

That restraining order, by the way, expired six weeks ago. Time to make your move.

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
DAMN!!

I have 10 waiting..."
I looked at it and I was like, they never even left me a message. I think I seen them in CHAT. But, I really never had a real CHAT with those guys/girls? So, why befreind "ME"?
I have asked to befriend guys and girls. But, my reason is, I wanta CHAT with you and get to know you JUST a tiny bit. Hell, just to talk and pass LAUGHS, something!! I have ONE that I asked not so long ago to be on my list and when I go to say HELLO in Chat now, they don't even say a WORD to me!!!:confused: I am like WTF????? But, before they were on my list they CHATTED me all of the time. I so do not get that!!!

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Personally, i have never understood this feature, simply because most of the requests I get (and suprisingly, there are loads) are from people I have barely or NEVER even spoken to. They decide to be my friend from posts to threads I have made... Really not my definiton of a FRIEND, so perhaps this feature should be called something else? Of course I refuse most of the requests, and only stick with those members that I have some LPSG history with. Makes sense, NO ???

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Of course I refuse most of the requests, and only stick with those members that I have some LPSG history with. Makes sense, NO ???

you make absolutely NO sense to me, you're an excluder

after all like bono said:

One love
One blood
One life
You got to do what you should
One life
With each other
Sisters
Brothers
One life
But we're not the same
We get to
Carry each other
Carry each other

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
KUM BAY YA, Thad. sorry but if you havent noticed there are alot of crazies out there, and on here. I wouldnt invite a stranger to my home, nor would I invite a stranger to my inner circle. You wanna be my friend? Attempt to get to know me first, dont send me a request and expect to be added to a personal list. Yes, it costs me nothing to accept , but I aint a friend "collector"....

you make absolutely NO sense to me, you're an excluder

after all like bono said:

One love
One blood
One life
You got to do what you should
One life
With each other
Sisters
Brothers
One life
But we're not the same