Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Most of the Food Network male chefs are full of themselves, but Tyler Florence seems to be down to earth. I think it's because he was born and raised in South Carolina.
Down here, we remember where we came from.

My current fave on Food Network is Ina Garten, followed very closely by Giada DiLaurentiis.

Reactions: brandon38

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Lot of better chefs out there. In New York, Flay is considered a chef for tourists. Not bad, but not world-class.

Oh I don't know, I enjoyed Mesa Grill when I worked in that neighborhood, but It's been sometime since I have been there. But with most places..."Anything they can do I can do just as well or better!"

I haven't the slightest idea who he is but if he's a chef, you can take Jason's opinion to the bank.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Oh I don't know, I enjoyed Mesa Grill when I worked in that neighborhood, but It's been sometime since I have been there. But with most places..."Anything they can do I can do just as well or better!"

That's just it. Flay's places are very good, but when he's competing against the likes of Robuchon, Keller, Ripert, Vongerichten, Dufresne, Samuelsson, Meyer, Boulud, Chang, or even poor Ducasse who finally seems to have a restaurant New Yorkers like (even if Benoit is an unqualified flop), the slightest lack of something becomes glaring be it decor, service, plating, ingredient qualiity, wine, or taste.

Flay doesn't have a single Michelin star for all his fame and vaunted "bestness." I'm not knocking him one bit as he is very talented and could be a great chef, possibly the best in town, in nearly any other city in the world. But not here.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Most of the Food Network male chefs are full of themselves, but Tyler Florence seems to be down to earth. I think it's because he was born and raised in South Carolina.
Down here, we remember where we came from.

My current fave on Food Network is Ina Garten, followed very closely by Giada DiLaurentiis.

I just spent the weekend in Charleston attending the Food and Wine Festival. Not only is that city absolutely beautiful, but I have to say that I went to some outstanding restaurants...and that's saying something coming from a New Yorker who cooks.

I think I may have found a place to retire...LOL.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Just a dick really, I met him at a wedding of mutual friends!
But Het!

Yeah...I've met Mr. Flay. Rather full of himself, I think.

Full of himself and straight as hell. He gets tore up if he doesn't win or his food doesn't garner the kind of attention he feels he deserves.

Flay is an asshole.

funny...i've never liked his on-air personality...always found him to be sort of a pompous jerk...and some of you who have met him feel the same way...interesting...

D_Harry_Sphincter

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've met 3 Food Network chefs and know someone that knows another:

Who I've met:

- Guy Fieri: One of the nicest guys I've met. Pretty much exactly the same guy you see on TV.

- Tyler Florence: Really nice, but could see a little bit of celebrity in him.

- Alton Brown: AWESOME guy. Lives about 10 minutes away from me, met him in front of an ice cream shop that's pretty popular locally. Really funny guy, tested my gullability on how mint chocolate chip ice cream gets so green haha.

Family friend knows Paula Deen (lives a couple hours away) and says shes really sweet, but has moments of diva where "she always knows best".

I'd LOVE to meet Giada though...sexiest woman on tv.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've met 3 Food Network chefs and know someone that knows another:

Who I've met:

- Guy Fieri: One of the nicest guys I've met. Pretty much exactly the same guy you see on TV.

- Tyler Florence: Really nice, but could see a little bit of celebrity in him.

- Alton Brown: AWESOME guy. Lives about 10 minutes away from me, met him in front of an ice cream shop that's pretty popular locally. Really funny guy, tested my gullability on how mint chocolate chip ice cream gets so green haha.

Family friend knows Paula Deen (lives a couple hours away) and says shes really sweet, but has moments of diva where "she always knows best".

I'd LOVE to meet Giada though...sexiest woman on tv.

I'm jealous, I'd love to meet Alton.