Cameron Kasky

In fairness to you I haven't read most of your posts because they're numerous and long winded but to summarize my point.

Cameron's a celebrity, he loves being a celebrity, he's chased celebrity and hes gone out of his way to befriend celebrities so he's going to be treated like a celebrity.

I don't see David Hogg or Emma with a bunch of celebrity friends or doing car karaoke with Olivia Rodrigo. Emma X González barely has any social media presence at all. David Hogg seems to have a small circle of regular friends and his thread isn't very active.

This thread wasn't very active until you came on here with your holier-than-thou, sanctimonious attitude. To be honest I find it quite offensive that someone who has chased celebrity as edaciously as Cam has would have a friend come here and try to scold us. Whether he sent you or you came of your own volition.

If you haven't read most of my posts, I don't really understand what you're responding to here, or what your point is. He knows a few celebrities. Okay. So what?

The "he's asking for it" trope is just a way of avoiding ever having to confront the real world impact of what gets said. You're used to doing that without being challenged and that's the only reason you've taken this personally. It's pretty telling that you spend most of your post criticizing Cam, which you're obviously entitled to do, but find any pushback "offensive". Well, just ignore it, like you expect him to.
 
this is the tradeoff any public-facing figure implicitly enters into in the social media age whether they have intended to consent to it or not - when they become a part of that space, they're vulnerable to all sorts of scrutiny.
It shouldn't be, it's invasive and anyone who thinks that it's just the way things are is part of the problem.
Trying to appeal to this one has no actual impact.
How do you know? What if the impact is there even if negligible?
 
It shouldn't be, it's invasive and anyone who thinks that it's just the way things are is part of the problem.

Well, when one of us makes a time machine and can go back to the days of the old printing press when modern journalism was invented, maybe we can change that. Until then, good luck ho!
 
Well, when one of us makes a time machine and can go back to the days of the old printing press when modern journalism was invented, maybe we can change that. Until then, good luck ho!

But that isn't really true though, is it?

Some (not all, but some) of the people who post here are actively participating in the behavior we're talking about. They aren't helpless observers forced to do so by Cam or anyone else's perceived fame.

Those who seem most keen to say they despise celebrity culture seem quite content to fuel it, and get pretty defensive when anyone suggests they stop. Almost as if it was always just a convenient way of deflecting criticism and they don't actually have the deeply held and extremely sincere concerns they say they do.

They can stop at any time and choose not to. That's their decision, but it comes down to what I keep saying: own it.
 
Yeah, there's really no need for passive aggression vs. simple, direct aggression on an anonymous gay forum about men's bodies. You can speak directly to me or anyone else you like.

My point remains the same: Of course celebrity culture is invasive and toxic. But the fact remains that any public facing figure who becomes a part of it (intentionally or otherwise) does so instantly, whether they consented to it or not. The question of whether this person or that one knowingly did consent to that kind of exposure or not, whether they 'deserve it' or not, is academic and irrelevant. It's what happens every time anyway. That's not me condoning it or defending or excusing it, that is a simple fact of life. That's the reality of our society. And there is absolutely nothing any of us sitting here with our thumbs up our asses blathering about it can do to change that.

Which goes back to what I said in the first place. There is no purpose being served by holding a miniature symposium about the media gaze in the middle of a subthread on the Large Penis Support Group forum devoted to male flesh. It doesn't make a difference and it doesn't change anything. These kinds of questions and problems are not going to be solved here, ever. If you want to get mad at me for saying it so bluntly - sorry.
 
Celebrity is a status granted by the masses. Us. It comes with immense priveledges. It also has its drawbacks. For the attractive, being objectified and discussed sexually is part of the bargain. What they gain is clearly worth the cost, otherwise they would dissapear from public view forever. If he finds this so unsettling, he should do as other celebrities have done, and simply avoid the internet outside of socials. For the record, I own exactly what I am doing and feel zero guilt over it. Nobody gains things in life exclusively on their terms 100% of the time. Most of us have jobs with at least some components we loathe. Unlike Cam, we don't get to ignore them at will.

I accept he may well be very uncomfortable with this. If he is truely out of the hetero space and given his love of attention...I am not entirely sure he is curled into the fetal position knowing that a bunch of internet folks on a website devoted to big penises are interested in his, saying he is attractive, curious about his life and well-being. If he does like it great. If he does not like it, well, sorry, going to continue lurking until I grow tired or he drifts into obscurity.

That said, I will be the first to scold anyone reaching out and being creepy with celebrities. Inappropriate touching or stalking is not acceptable. Locker room talk in a corner of the internet is one thing, this is our space. Invasion of his space another.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JopneJappa
got people creating accounts just to comment on it oh lawd.

I kind of hate myself for being drawn in but god, this is all just too good to ignore. I think a lot of people from both sides of the argument are making good points but above all else it's just fucking funny.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lericcson420
For what it's worth (which is fuck all) I do sometimes feel a sense of guilt when lurking here and post-nut clarity is a bitch. Sometimes I do see posts which are like, what the fuck, and I do think we get away with shit that straight men wouldn't. But am I going to stop? Probably not. Everyone makes moral compromises (jesus christ I can't believe I'm joining in) and those are different in different people, yk?

And here's the thing. I get the point mestalino is making and tbh I'm sympathetic to it. But Cameron does know what he's doing and he does get off on some of the sexual attention. I'm not saying the excesses of it aren't ultimately harmful, but he's not as naive as some people seem to think!

Let me give you just one example. A while ago he posted a photoset on Insta and one of the photos on the set was of him leaning against a car with some blue sweatpants on. In that photo he had a very, very obvious bulge and a really fucking obvious dick outline, to the extent you could tell he's cut (obv we knew that already but you get my point).

He knew his dick looked good and that's why he posted it. There are zero scenarios where he was somehow unaware that his bulge was gonna be the thing people focused on. He wanted that, which is okay! He should be proud of his body! But lets not pretend he's totally oblivious.

(I don't think that photo survived his big Insta purge so if anyone saved it, please reacquaint me with it!)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Westumbria
(Sorry to keep this going because qavak0 is totally right that this is all fucking futile, buuuuut I actually think this is kind of an interesting discussion as long as nobody totally loses their shit.)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Zi19
I kind of hate myself for being drawn in but god, this is all just too good to ignore. I think a lot of people from both sides of the argument are making good points but above all else it's just fucking funny.
It's entertaining is what it is lol. Definitely better than the endless 'debates' of "cut vs uncut", "tattoos are bad vs no it isn't", fake reposts etc that are frequent in other threads imo
 
It's entertaining is what it is lol. Definitely better than the endless 'debates' of "cut vs uncut", "tattoos are bad vs no it isn't", fake reposts etc that are frequent in other threads imo

Or the eternal bickering about whether Shaun Mendes is a horribly oppressed straight guy or an irredeemable gay whore, which I fully expect will still be raging in 2050
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: Player_01 and Zi19
Yeah, there's really no need for passive aggression vs. simple, direct aggression on an anonymous gay forum about men's bodies. You can speak directly to me or anyone else you like.

My point remains the same: Of course celebrity culture is invasive and toxic. But the fact remains that any public facing figure who becomes a part of it (intentionally or otherwise) does so instantly, whether they consented to it or not. The question of whether this person or that one knowingly did consent to that kind of exposure or not, whether they 'deserve it' or not, is academic and irrelevant. It's what happens every time anyway. That's not me condoning it or defending or excusing it, that is a simple fact of life. That's the reality of our society. And there is absolutely nothing any of us sitting here with our thumbs up our asses blathering about it can do to change that.

Which goes back to what I said in the first place. There is no purpose being served by holding a miniature symposium about the media gaze in the middle of a subthread on the Large Penis Support Group forum devoted to male flesh. It doesn't make a difference and it doesn't change anything. These kinds of questions and problems are not going to be solved here, ever. If you want to get mad at me for saying it so bluntly - sorry.

I genuinely wasn't trying to be passive aggressive, or aggressive at all, and I'm sorry if that's how it came across. I was trying to make the point that I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush, and not that I had anyone particular in mind.

I agree with you that celebrity culture isn't really a controllable force, so I guess my point is that we can still try to be better as individual consumers of it, and opt-out of the worse excesses. Deciding not to opt-out is also a valid choice, but I don't like it when people then try and justify that choice by implying Cam has given implicit permission. It's like they're trying to make him complicit on their own fantasies of him, and that feels gross.

My intention posting here wasn't to start a fight, or "simp" for Cam as someone else said. I'm just being supportive of someone in my life, as I'm sure all of you would be for someone in yours. Without the context of my relationship with him that isn't going to mean much to you, and I get that. I don't expect you to attach extra meaning to what I'm saying because I say I know him. But I do think it's a worthwhile thing to talk about, even if it isn't really "solvable" per se.
 
  • Like
Reactions: soulafein and Zi19
I have a feeling this is going to be a hostile crowd for what I'm about to say, but I think you folks need to hear it.

I know Cam, have been close with him in the past, and I think threads like this end up doing a lot of unseen damage. Like, I get it, you think he's hot. Whatever, that's fine. But I wish some of you would take a second to think about how it would feel if you, your body, your sexual history and everything about you were being publicly analyzed and discussed by strangers on the internet.

Cam isn't a celebrity. He doesn't have a ring of people around him 24/7 to protect him from shit like this. And I'm not saying he needs to be protected. But what I am saying is that he's just a fucking guy who is doing his best out there in the world. He's a person.

A lot of you won't care, because he isn't "real" to you, and you think any attractive guy is fair game. But I hope some of you take a moment to think about it.

Being a young activist is much scarier and more challenging than the public might appreciate. And good mental health is particularly difficult to maintain all the time, in my experience. And it must be much more difficult in these years when social media scrutiny is added to every action or word.

I admire both Cam and Hogg because they managed to remain sane and consistent despite being elevated to a national arena and facing intense harassment from hundreds of thousands if not millions of crazed conservatives.

I'm surprised that they know about the existence of threads and forums like this. But considering what they've experienced, I feel like this is a very minor thing that I hope doesn't affect them.
 
Let me give you just one example. A while ago he posted a photoset on Insta and one of the photos on the set was of him leaning against a car with some blue sweatpants on. In that photo he had a very, very obvious bulge and a really fucking obvious dick outline, to the extent you could tell he's cut (obv we knew that already but you get my point).

He knew his dick looked good and that's why he posted it. There are zero scenarios where he was somehow unaware that his bulge was gonna be the thing people focused on. He wanted that, which is okay! He should be proud of his body! But lets not pretend he's totally oblivious.

Dude, come on. He was fully clothed. Is the argument now that any guy with a noticeable bulge must cover it up at all times? Should he wear compression shorts 24/7 to protect you from temptation and sin?

Your username is literally "dickappreciator" and yet you talk like a puritanical Lindsey Graham!
 
For what it's worth (which is fuck all) I do sometimes feel a sense of guilt when lurking here and post-nut clarity is a bitch. Sometimes I do see posts which are like, what the fuck, and I do think we get away with shit that straight men wouldn't. But am I going to stop? Probably not. Everyone makes moral compromises (jesus christ I can't believe I'm joining in) and those are different in different people, yk?

And here's the thing. I get the point mestalino is making and tbh I'm sympathetic to it. But Cameron does know what he's doing and he does get off on some of the sexual attention. I'm not saying the excesses of it aren't ultimately harmful, but he's not as naive as some people seem to think!

Let me give you just one example. A while ago he posted a photoset on Insta and one of the photos on the set was of him leaning against a car with some blue sweatpants on. In that photo he had a very, very obvious bulge and a really fucking obvious dick outline, to the extent you could tell he's cut (obv we knew that already but you get my point).

He knew his dick looked good and that's why he posted it. There are zero scenarios where he was somehow unaware that his bulge was gonna be the thing people focused on. He wanted that, which is okay! He should be proud of his body! But lets not pretend he's totally oblivious.

(I don't think that photo survived his big Insta purge so if anyone saved it, please reacquaint me with it!)
Please God, someone saved this pic? Yo OP, shoot cam a text and tell him to post his IG photos again. :)
 
No, man, he’s clearly poking fun at Chalamet stans. That, and he’s talked at length before about how he didn’t like Dune, and he got a lot of shit for it.
Chalamet is a former theater kid that managed to actually become successful in Hollywood. i can see why he seethes whenever he see's him on screen
 
  • Like
Reactions: offlx and Parker767