Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So I have a question for you guys.
Recently, I have started to work out more often since I moved into my new apartment and they have a really nice gym, but I have noticed for the past month that I have lived here I have gotten these little red spots/bumps on my chest and shoulders...they aren't pimples or moles or ingrown hairs. I noticed though that these appeared right after I started working out more. I know that it's common sense to take a shower after working out (Which I do)...so I thought it could be from me sweating too much and that will cause these little bumps. They're just red lil bumps. Some of them arent actually bumps...they are just red spots.... does anyone know what these could be. I personally think its just from sweating a lot from working out, but I'm curious to hear what you all have to say about it.
I made an appt to go see my dermatologist today, but they don't have an opening until November 26....so I thought I would ask here while I wait a month and a half to see my doctor haha.

Thanks! :biggrin1:

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
does it only happen after you lift weights, or after an intense workout that includes cardio? If you're sweating alot, I would bet money that the spots are where the sweat has brought toxins from within your body to the surface.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Petechia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia maybe?
Totally under the surface of the skin but about the size of a really small pimple? 1mmx2mm Like an under the skin blood blister but you can't pop is the best way to describe what I'm talking about.
Usually harmless, might be because your muscles are growing :wink: and your skin expanding to keep up with muscle growth.

Last edited:

javyn

Experimental Member
Media
Sure it isn't pimples? Working out could be boosting your testosterone and when that happens men tend to get that on their chest and arms.

mattbuddy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wow thanks for the great answers!

Um to Javyn...im pretty sure they are not pimples because pimples usually are bumps right? Mine are just red spots that i cant pop or do anything to....

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
I have fairly sensitive skin and will often breakout in a rash of red bumps from my own sweat (chest, back, groin, you name it). Similar result sometimes when I dowse my chest and belly with my own cum. Tragic, I know, but that's the breaks and at least it's not all the time. :biggrin1: I also tend to breakout with acne on my chest during a particularly heavy workout cycle.

I for one would like to see some pics of your chest progress there, mattbuddy. :wink:

mattbuddy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Petechia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia maybe?
Totally under the surface of the skin but about the size of a really small pimple? 1mmx2mm Like an under the skin blood blister but you can't pop is the best way to describe what I'm talking about.
Usually harmless, might be because your muscles are growing :wink: and your skin expanding to keep up with muscle growth.

Interesting...i have never heard of that before... i didnt know your body broke out in lil red spots as your muscles grow bigger.

javyn

Experimental Member
Media
I've really hit the chest hard lately too, and have the same thing. I think it's due to increased test.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'd get red bumps, and pimples, on upper back and shoulders after long sessions fencing (sweating under a heavy cotton jacket). Its probably oils and toxins being brought to the surface and stopping up your pores.

mattbuddy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I for one would like to see some pics of your chest progress there, mattbuddy. :wink:

Thanks for your reply and haha you want progress... my chest is the hardest thing to work on my body ...that and my shoulders.... so hard to get any results with me... but I will try my best! :redface:

javyn

Experimental Member
Media
My chest is definitely my weakest link. I've been trying to hit it good with dumbbells for over a year now, but being that I'm only about 125, 130 lbs, I can't lift too much with them.

I found (for at least the time being), my best results are coming from taking a bunch of maca, and doing as many pushups as I can. With the maca I did 65 Saturday, which is pretty damn good for me. I'm still sore today, Tuesday morning.