"Comments, please" --- As if!

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know about anyone else, but when I see a thread or a post pleading for comments about the poster's cock/pussy/boobs/etc. , I am reflexively moved to not leave any comment whatsoever.

Am I odd this way?

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Well you might be odd (in a sexy way :wink:) but not because the "look at me! Tell me you love my body parts" threads don't interest you. I'm kinda turned off by them too, even though I might have started one when I first joined the site :tongue:

Last edited:

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well you might be odd (in a sexy way :wink:) but not because the "look at me! Tell me you love my body parts" threads don't interest you. I'm kinda turned off by them too, even though I might have started one when I first joined the site :tongue:

Well, there's a way to do it that can be subtle, charming, even intriguing.

"Look at me and comment!!!" is not it.

But I'm probably just an ass for even raising the issue.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
They are harmless threads and I'd think most of us have posted some variation on the theme. Overtly or covertly. We even have a sub-form dedicated to showing off.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
I think people do it because some people seem afraid to give them. I had a response in my thread on pics asking me if it was ok to post on a "straight guys" pics.

I think sometimes the more wary gay and bi guys here are afraid of commenting on straight guys pictures which i ifnd rediculous as i want the ego boost that you guys give me. And i think 99% of the "straight" guys here do to.

You shouldnt think each request for comments is cynical. Although ill agree alot are.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
There's a lot to be said about people who are unassuming.

This whole ego building attention thing puts me right off. I cannot abide it. I don't care how gorgeous/attractive/nice the dick/person is.
I would say there is a difference between being quietly assured by comments on ones pictures, and being brash and open about such egotism.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, there's a way to do it that can be subtle, charming, even intriguing.
While there is such a way of going about doing this that isn't so seemingly...desperate (for lack of a better word), each of those threads is started with the exact same intention and desire: comments, please. Each and every one of them is a vanity thread and exists to serve the same purpose, regardless of how you package it. You can put lipstick on a pig...:tongue:

I typically ignore whatever it is the OP initially states and comment depending on whether I like the pics or not.

Meh, I suppose people could be a little less pronounced.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Actually, there's no need to ask for comments. When people make posts, many of those looking at the posts will go to the gallery and make comments. I haven't kept track, but I suspect that it is new members who explicitly request comments. And, there is nothing strange about choosing not to respond to such comments; it's a matter of choice.