Confusing signs from a straight guy

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Someone told me that he could be a Narcissist, and what he's doing could be love bombing to manipulate me. Which I think is true.

He's complimented you, shown you love and affection - none of that is narcissism. The person you talked with was neither familiar with the tale of Narcissus nor narcissism obviously. In what way has he been able to manipulate you into doing anything?

Last edited:

thechubbyrants

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, he would always act cute when trying to get away with slacking off. As do other team members, minus the acting cute part. I think it's normal for people to wanna slack off at times. I do.

Of course I don't allow anyone to actually do so, but I don't reprimand them for trying to swing it past me. His productivity is not the best as well, but it's still above average and the quality of his work has always been great. To be honest dreamer20, I don't know what to do with him anymore.

I wanna hug him sometimes. Tightly. In the neck. Til he turns purple.

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
"In any case, we're still good friends. I'm at peace with my decision. When I look at him, I now just see a younger brother I never had. No sexual desires. No fantasies. He's about to leave the company too, to pursue a different career in engineering."
I've <said> multiple times "stop with the innuendos", as the other teammates seem to be getting the wrong idea. I'm pretty laid back and okay with funny banter between us, and asked them to treat me as an equal rather than a boss, <so> we can build a great relationship, trust each other and increase productivity, which <worked> as we are currently exceeding goals on a daily basis.
I guess he's just stubborn. I usually don't acknowledge his jokes or innuendos anymore. But it still bothers me. I really think he wants to prove something to himself <if I reciprocated> his advances...
I think he thinks everyone desires him.

I'm going to refer to our "younger brother" as Ralph. Good for you in guideing the team to repeated successes and keeping Ralph at a distance. You're on your way up and he is on his way out. Make finding out how soon Ralph will leave for a career elsewhere a frequent topic of your conversations. You both could talk about the joy of leaving that horrid workplace. Hang in there. The day will come when you have to decide whether or not to cut ties with him after he leaves the company. Or you could continue to see him socially.

Reactions: thechubbyrants