Congrats, Nick8

Media
Stop it, Sam. You're frightening me.

How about this?

*sounding much like Darth Vader or Fred Phelps*

"Nick, I am your father."

I can see my work here is done. Back to the celebration . . .

Incidentally, folks, rumor has it that Nick has a special "surprise" for the 200th poster to this thread.

Last edited:

I’d like to tell everyone here a little bit about Nick8.

I met him at a NYC Meet & Greet (a good reason in itself to come to the next one!) and since then we’ve been friends. There are a lot of great people here, really! It may be tough to see through all the trolls and weirdos and some people have left, but I’ve been fortunate enough to make friends with other members. Nick8 is one of those people.

I’ve been trying to write something decent now for a while. It just isn’t coming. Chemotherapy tends to screw with my brain for a bit, making it foggy and difficult to concentrate. Yesterday I tried to remember how old I was and couldn’t. On the other hand, I don’t want to let this opportunity pass. I’m sorry if what I write isn’t up to standards.

Nick8 and I have become good friends since we met at that Meet & Greet. You may not see it here, as there is weirdness and precautions must be taken, or then again, you might. The fact is, Nick8 is a sweetie. He’s been ridiculously kind to me, goes with me to chemotherapy, takes care of me afterward, and goes with me to consults and doctor appointments. This is no small thing as it’s time consuming and emotionally difficult. He runs interference with my parents and doctors, takes notes, and helps remind me of what I need to do next. This is real work and he does it for no other reason than he has a good heart. The most I can do is thank him, which I kick myself for not always doing, and urge him to get away to see his family and boyfriend whenever possible so he can forget all my issues for a while.

It’s not like everything is tough. We do just hang out and have dinner or watch a movie. During my two good weeks after chemo week, I’m pretty functional and can think better so I think I’m much better company. I want to be better company-- a better friend -- because he deserves it and that’s why I’m kicking myself for writing this so badly. It’s difficult for me to describe just what he’s meant to me without getting all treacly. I’m just happy he gets along with my family so well and I do have a lot of family! My parents have, for all practical purposes, adopted him and it wouldn’t surprise me if my sister named her next son after him. He even gets along with my dogs to the point that Tweeter doesn’t always try to nip him in the heel.

There’s a wonderful saying that some Buddhists have that say our teachers appear when we need them. Nick8 has been a great teacher for me. As a newly out gay man, someone trying to make his life more fulfilling, trying to find love, trying to find happiness, learning what the world is like beyond my rural corner of the world, I’ve had a few teachers appear at just the right time. Each provides something different to help me. None have taken on the great responsibility Nick8 has. I’ve learned a lot from him and am still learning. It’s difficult not to look the proverbial gift horse in the mouth when you wonder why someone you haven’t known long would go to such lengths to help you. I just hope I’m worthy of what I’m learning and of such a good person. It’s my nature to doubt the veracity of good things (and people) who come into my life because it’s difficult for me to believe they’re true. I’m getting better at it, or trying to, at least. As earllogjam once told me, it’s good to accept love where you find it and so that’s what I’m doing.

But I couldn’t do that without his offer of love to begin with. That’s the remarkable key truth and one I am beyond fortunate to have.

pablo59

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
^^ Wow! That was beautifully written and the emotion behind it comes through so strongly. The definition of a true friend, a species rarer than anything on Earth.

Media
I think we all have known for sometime what a great and generous person Nick8 is, but it is is nice to see it from someone who has benefited from those admirable attributes first hand.

Thank you for sharing, Jason, and thank you for being you, Nick.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
oh, look! In the midst of celebrating Nick8's 5,000 posts, he is now well over the 5,100 mark.

If we keep this thread going for another week, and Nick8 surpasses 6,000, is it obligatory to start a "Happy 6,000 posts!" thread? Or is 10,000 the next milestone?

(I'm still boning up on LPSG etiquette)

Media
Is my bf aware that you're so casually offering my virtue to random strangers? :tongue:

Fixed that for you. Random strangers? Yes. Virtue? You're a funny guy!:wink:

If we keep this thread going for another week, and Nick8 surpasses 6,000, is it obligatory to start a "Happy 6,000 posts!" thread? Or is 10,000 the next milestone?

Jeez, if he can do a thousand in a week, he certainly deserves recognition for that! You did mean posts, right?:biggrin1:

I'm still boning up on LPSG etiquette.

LPSG etiquette? *falls out of his chair laughing* Work on the boning!:biggrin1:

145 posts to go.

Last edited:

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick8

Is my bf aware that you're so casually offering my virtue to random strangers? :tongue:

quote:ChicagoSam
Fixed that for you. Random strangers? Yes. Virtue? You're a funny guy!:wink:

Ha what etiquette {or virtue!:rolleyes:}?
Oh Please Mabeline!
C.B.:saevil: