controlling erections

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by calvinkleinguy, Sep 22, 2011.

1. calvinkleinguy

calvinkleinguy Active Member

Albums:
    i seem to get erections quite easily. i dont know what it is but it happens. it mostly happens when im getting naked. like for example, i would get a boner when going to bed (i sleep nude or sometime in just boxers), i take my top off. i get changed, even when trying on clothes in shops. its not alway when something sexual is happening. and its not like im horny 24/7. im absolutey, 100% confortable being nude, my mates have seen me nude but its always a quick glimps cause im alway hurrying to put me clothes on before the semi turns completely hard.
    when i take a shower, im hard. when im getting dressed in the morning, im hard.
    i just dont know how to control my erections. im always scared of locker rooms as im guarenteed a boner and i just want to be confortable around other people when nude. when i go to the pool, im usually with mates and i know they will point it out if they seen me hard or feel unconfortable around me as they may thing im hard looking at them.
    i want to have a nice long shower in locker rooms, i want to walk back to my locker nude without having to cover it.
    there is nothing going through my mind at the time to make me go hard.
    plus, its not always when im getting dressed/nude etc.
    im hard now as i write this and there is nothing turning me on.
    does anyone have any tips to try and prevent inapproprate erections?
    is anyone else in the same situation as me?

2. B_lightsup

B_lightsup New Member

My advice is to stay present with what your doing, eg. changing to go swimming , continue your thoughts about changing and the swimming you'll be enjoying. Leave your thoughts about erections behind. If you get erect let it go in your mind as well and keep your thoughts on your task at hand. Eventually your erections won't sprout only with your conscious effort. In simple terms don't think about your dick and don't think about not thinking about your dick, just do your thing.

3. erratic

Gold Member

I agree with lightsup. Stay focused on what you're doing, and not on your dick. Giving it attention will only make it hard.

It may also be that you've developed a conditioned response to nudity, whereby nudity makes you hard (think Pavlov's dog). You might try extinguishing that by getting naked in private and staying naked until the erection goes away. Do that enough and you may start breaking the connection between nudity and instant erections.

4. B_Hornaplenty

B_Hornaplenty New Member

You haven't mentioned your age, but I suspect you are a young man. I envy you that. I can assure you that after you reach the age of 60 (perhaps earlier) you won't be upset about getting erections so easily. Enjoy prime time.

5. MrHangman

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have the same issue. I wish I had a solution.

6. B_debonair87

B_debonair87 New Member

think about rosie o'donnell. works like a charm

7. blacklegend

blacklegend New Member

Albums:
    Stop worrying about it.
    I used to have the same problem when I was in my late teens, right into my 20's. Anytime that I had to get naked, I used to get a boner, which not only made me feel self conscious, it also made me very shy. As a result, no-one saw my cock until my late teens as I thought I was a freak.
    The actual problem was that I had a big cock and when I got hard, it was quite disturbing for people to see a young teenage guy with a nine inch hard on!
    Here's what you could try... next time you are in the gym in the showers, ignore it and just leave it out there.
    The guys who are interested will look....they guys who ain't interested won't want to be the ones who notice it. Its a catch 22 for straight guys, because they shouldn't be looking anyway!
    Its a bit of exposure therapy here....they best way to get over your fear is to face it.

8. littleguy2

littleguy2 Active Member

I dealt with the issue of boners everytime I got naked for years. Had to almost do the towel dance cause if I didnt get my shorts on as soon I let the towel go, I was getting hard. When you are a grower it is really noticable. I used to shoot a load in the shower at the gym so I wouldn' get hard, it was a problem as i wanted to just let it hang out. Anyway we had a pool at my old gym so I used to wear a speedo in the shower as though i was going to use the pool. i then started to take it off in the shower and keep my mind off my dick. then started to just carry it with me and before I knew it i didn't need the speedo anymore.
    It was a real problem that I wish I had today at 55
    good luck

9. calvinkleinguy

Albums:
    iv seen people doing the towel dance and i know it makes them look stupid so i know not to do it.
    i kinda discovered my own techniques.
    1. i go for a locker in the corner, my breif moments of nudity is spent facing the corner so no one sees.
    2. i sit on the bench lean forward to dry my legs, the boner isnt much noticable from the side (well i hope not) when dry the legs, my arms are mostly covering me. when drying my chest etc, the other end its covering me. im leaning a little to dry hair. the back is tricky so i be quick and hope no one notices.
    3. when sitting, i put my boxers on around the feet, pull them up to my knees and then quick stand up, turn away from me mates and pulling my boxers on up.
    4. i adjust meself to not stick out, do down the leg or towards my hips. alot of guys stand there re-adjusting so i know thats parts normal
    5. the jeans go on quickly after the boxers.

i hope me mates havent noticed that im not naked for long or any of my techiques. compared to them who seem to be nude for a long time just talking to eachother. well me mates havent said anything but maybe im hoping they would but in a serious way and not make fun. so i can just let it all hang out when hard or semi. but im sure they would be uncomfortable as it would be pointing at them lol

i thought it was normal when i was a teenager, being a horny gay teenager, who wouldnt get a boner in a room of naked guys. even though you try not to look directly in fear of getting caught. but im 24 now and i know its not about having naked guys around me cause i get them when im alone in shop changing rooms etc.

10. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    margaret thatcher naked after 3 hours in a hot bath.

That should kill any erection.

11. LittleDicky

Gold Member

I'm also an older guy who no longer has this "problem."
    (Dammit !)
    :frown1:

But, I was going to say something similar:

Pavlov's dogs is correct. We are conditioned subconsciously by society to associate nudity with sex -- even though there is nothing sexual about casual nudity. That's why the simple act of removing your clothes -- even when alone -- can cause an erection.

You need to rewire your mind, desensitize yourself. One way is to go around the house naked as much as possible. Do routine things: cook, clean, pay bills, surf the net. In time, you will not be aware of your penis -- and you will forget that you are naked. It will just feel quite natural.

This is how nudists (I am a home nudist) can be in mixed company and not be constantly erect. They are desensitized. Their minds know the difference between a sexual situation and simple casual nudity. To be nude is simply to feel free.

I'm not saying your problem will be solved in a week. It takes time. But, it DOES work.
    :smile:

#11 LittleDicky, Sep 25, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  12. B_patrickmcc

B_patrickmcc New Member

dont know if this will work for you, but has always worked for me. I noticed that if I hold me breath, my dick stops expanding. I hold my breath for as long as I can without visibly having to exhale, (exhale as slowly as possible, then take another slow deep inhale). Have never gotten a boner since I discovered this trick.

13. mattsrod7

Gold Member

Albums:
    just jack before you go to the gym, then maybe you'll take longer to get hard in the gym

14. calvinkleinguy

Albums:
    this issue is probably all in my head, and hopefullt shouldnt be to hard to over come. this is the exact reason why i could never go to the doctor to get checked out. i just need to be nude more alone then try with others around

15. surfnwoody

surfnwoody Member

Albums:
    If I jack off when I wake up in the morning, I get boned real easy during the day. Now if I resist the A.M. play, I can control myself a lot easyer.

16. Al7inchs_n_thick86

Al7inchs_n_thick86 New Member

Albums:
    Could it be because you are kegaling unconsciously?
    Try to notice next time it is happening; if there are muscles going off between your balls and a-hole... if so I would recommend learning to control/relax them if you haven't already with slow kegals and reverse kegals and self-knowledge.

Anyways: pinching the head softly but firmly between the thumb and two finger should help to easily drain the hard-on.

Blessings.

17. monstro

monstro New Member

howsabout this: you come to accept this is the way your body is, this is the way you are. What if the only person yelling the word, "Inappropriate" at yourself is yourself. It sounds as though you've done nothing wrong. What if instead of trying to "control" this you saw your ease in getting an erection as a gift and not a curse? I mean a gift to share with yourself and any man lucky enough to be with you?

I'm not saying this is the answer, I'm just reframing the question.

18. mattsrod7

Gold Member

Albums:
    ive noticed that too,

19. calvinkleinguy

Albums:
    yeah this doesnt work. iv tried it at home before being seen in locker rooms doing it. maybe im doing it wrong =(

20. exwhyzee

Gold Member

Imagine having this problem and going to boarding school where you have to shower with your entire school every morning! I learned pretty early to focus and get get rid of my hard on...maybe I didn't get then as easily as you do...but maybe its something you just need to get used to more. Practice makes perfect...right?

Draft saved Draft deleted