Dadbods?

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Are dadbods for real? I finally looked into it. The top Google hits are all from 2015. Some research indicates that women prefer dadbods because of what it signifies--a husband, father, reliability, stability, etc.

I don't buy it.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That was the other thing women supposedly like about dadbods. The cuddling. And yes, my wife has been telling me for years that I'm too hard for comfort.
But a man's got to have standards.

Reactions: Heat and Hatt_101

Are dadbods for real? I finally looked into it. The top Google hits are all from 2015. Some research indicates that women prefer dadbods because of what it signifies--a husband, father, reliability, stability, etc.

I don't buy it.

I've never thought "oh my gosh, a hard body going soft means he could be a good husband and father". Stereotypical family life is the exact opposite of what I want out of life. I DO find a variety of body types appealing, typically developing a preference based off of who I'm involved with at the time. I'd rather a solid dude with a bit of tummy chub than someone crazy ripped with veins popped out everywhere and biceps bigger than my waist. Someone being reliable and having a stable life has nothing to do with their body type, thankfully. I expect my friends to be reliable and generally have their shit together too. Not just my partner. ;)

Reactions: rtg

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I never heard of "dadbods" before. What rock have I been hiding under??
I'm sure they are "for real" but what women prefer is only conclusive to the women that were polled.

No one ever asked me what I thought of "dadbods". But,, being in a near 40yr relationship... I'm sure he's more of a dadbod that a hotbod.. but he's still my style. :)

Reactions: rtg and AlteredEgo

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I do prefer a Zach Galafinakis to a Vin Diesel. I like a snuggly guy. I've dated my share of body builders and it's like sleeping with a rock. Plus the care and feeding is just too high maintenance for me! :D I like someone a little more active than a couch potato, but way below gym rat. Pass me dem fries!

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Reactions: rtg

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK, I know I'm more conceited than my husband because I work out constantly to maintain the look I want. Also, health and all that, but I like the way I look and want to keep it. He'll walk or hike, but he doesn't do anything out of the ordinary to keep himself in shape, and I like it just like that. When I was a few pounds heavier he never said a thing, but when I began losing weight he really liked it.

When he returned from a four-month tour overseas I told him he had lost some weight. I urged him to gain it back because I miss it. OK, subconsciously maybe I didn't want him to look better than me. :) But I do prefer him to have a bit more cushion than bones.