1. D_Anton_Pavlovich_Jerkhov

D_Anton_Pavlovich_Jerkhov Account Disabled

What do you do to get rid of depression? Either because your love is away or something else.

Or do you never get depressed?

2. B_lrgeggs

B_lrgeggs New Member

Everyone gets deppressed. Part of the human condition I suppose.
    Getting out and talking to people you enjoy being with might be a good
    idea. If you think its a severe deppression than you might want to speak
    with someone who is trained in these matters. A priest or doctor...someone who you feel would be a good listener. good luck to you ..hope this helps. Feel better real soon!

3. bigtwin

bigtwin Member

Albums:
    keep busy...(force) yourself into social situations i.e., volunteer, hobbies, groups. and yes, seek support from professionals if you can't shake it on your own.

4. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    Have worked 'hands on' with such persons all my life
    Really thought i had a great understanding of it all
    and was Great as a practical guy, supporting the very needy with tremendous results
    Did have 'an episode' for about 2 weeks,that completely mystified me, a few months ago
    Came on unexpected, and was not a thing you could do anything about except 'live thru it'
    If that was what a form of depression can be (first time ever for me-I refused to get Medical assistance)
    Then i now have a far greater appreciation of those affected, with this unfortunate Medical condition.
    All the very Best to you,if you are suffering.
    enz

5. Smooth88

Smooth88 New Member

Albums:
    I suffer from clinical depression so I get depressed a lot.

6. RalDudeHangin

RalDudeHangin Member

If the depression is a "now and again" thing becuase you miss someone or just having a bad week, I agree with the advice to keep busy. In particular . . . EXERCISE! Go for walks, get on the tread mill and listen to music, do something physical like finally cleaning the attic or cleaning a closet . . . Exercise releases natural endorphins that help keep you in a good mood. And of course the physical benefits . . . Occasional depression is a normal thing.

However, if the depression is severe and consistent, as in, often can't get out of bed, can't think of anything else, always want to be alone . . . IMO medical assistance is needed. Exercise and being active can help, too, but clinical depression might not allow you to must up the gumption to even do that.

7. D_Thithians Boatleg

D_Thithians Boatleg New Member

I'm not sure if this is common or not but I tend to wank a s*it load when I'm feeling like crap.

8. D_Ellerby Eatsprick

D_Ellerby Eatsprick New Member

I find that keeping busy works. I work a lot now, as well as going to the gym helps.

9. latinluva

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Suck cock or eat pussy always works for me, but seems like a short term fix. So I play basketball or work out if oral sex doesn't work, I don't get depressed that often though.

10. hoon8719

hoon8719 Member

Albums:
    Go meet your friends and be active, keep you busy. I was having depression problem for two month after find out my ex cheated on me. but Now I'm truely fine. the best thing is meet someone else. I hope that you'll get rid of depression:)

11. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

as my blog shows, i never get depressed :D

12. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Great post. I agree. :smile:

13. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
    best way to rid oneself of depression: help the less fortunate.

14. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

in an ideal world yes, but most depressive people are so apethetic and inward looking they wouldnt do it. if they are doing that, id say they are on a way up and simply keeping their mind off things.

15. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Depression is a serious medical condition that stems from chemicals being out of balance in the brain. As someone who used to suffer from it intermittently, I suggest seeking some help if you think you are having a depressive bout that is not the result of the death of a loved one or another temporary saddening event.

I found counseling with some light meds to be most helpful. After about two years of that combination (and the start of an exercise routine), I do not need medication to feel "normal" and I have not been depressed in ages. Now, some people who need medication will always need it--and there is nothing wrong with that--getting the help you need and taking care of yourself is your number one responsibility.

16. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Diagnosed with chronic suicidal depression many years since. Treated by meds which I am gradually easing back on, and therapy, and yes! activity and smiling more.

I know it sounds corny but forcing yourself to smile even if you do not feel like it actually helps your body release more pleasure hormones after a time. And laughing! Watch comedies and read funny books and try your damndest to be amused about anything at all.

After some time your mood level will rise sufficiently to allow for 'cognitive therapy', which consists of discovering faulty logic undelying your reasons for remaining depressed.

17. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not all depression is chemical.

Sometimes chemical treatments can make it worse, but it is best to get diagnosed professionally.

I've been seriously depressed since around 8 yrs old or so, and haven't been able to shake it yet. You learn trigger foods, trigger situations, and can start to take control of it.

I have found that keeping busy helps. I usually work on my cars, or try to be creative.
    It is a disabling condition as most times you just want to do nothing.
    Its easy for a doctor to say "Exercise more and it will help" but the reality of it is, it's hard to exercise when you don't feel like living.

There are millions of americans that suffer from severe depression. You are not alone. All you can do is chin up, and press on.
    If its chronic - see your doctor to begin a road of discovery and possibly a pathway out of the fog.

18. Twistbarbie

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I wish people wouldnt use the term depressed for when they are just feeling a bit down. It's not the same thing.

Years ago I used to self-harm. That's one that people really have a hard time getting their heads round trying to understand. But what worked for me was meeting someone who it turned out later also selfharmed! We had great talks. There was no way I was going to ask for help about it. How can I talk to someone about this when you have no idea what it feels like to do this? I owe that guy so much. It also made me understand myself a whole lot more....every cloud :biggrin1:

The thing is now, if someone had a drug, alcohol, or mental health issue they got over, no one would know unless they told you. I carry my past round on my skin. That's hard to bring up to new partners.

The one time I did go the doctors for help he suggested I take some exercise and find a boyfriend! For fucks sake doc. I'm depressed, it took me all my energy to drag myself out and your advice is go jogging and get laid? I went home, cried and sat with a razor in my hand. Thinking I'll show how serious I am, if that's what I have to do to get help. After a little while that feeling passed, being a stubborn cow my attitude changed to I'll show you I don't need your help! Doctors dont know shit.

I knew one guy on antidepressants who thought talking to a therapist was a great idea. To give him a new perspective. I had the attitude that I can only know how I feel and think so why would I expect an outside body to know me better.

If you are depressed, find the therapy for you. For some people it may mean medication, for others cognitive therapy, humanist therapy. Whatever it is you dont have to be a martyr to your feelings.

Draft saved Draft deleted