1. D_Abraham_Blinkin

D_Abraham_Blinkin Account Disabled

Hey all,

I need some advice on dieting. I am trying to lose a few pounds and tone up a bit. I am now on a regular schedule with my Bow Flex. However, as far as what to eat and when, I am at a loss. Can anybody who has had good results with a diet please fill me in?

2. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

I'm diabetic and my MD recommends I watch the number of carbohydrates and eat balanced meals. not sophisticated, but it keeps me healthy.

3. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Its good you're considering workouts as well as proper diet. My experience has been that weight loss and toning have more to do with diet than with excercise. Both are important, of course, but diet is more important, depending on your metabolism. Models and bodybuilders are savage about what they put, or don't put, in their bodies.

Also, if you want your weight loss achievement to remain permanent rather than temporary, your thinking about "diet" must change to permanent from temporary. You must make a sustainable life change about the types of food you eat rather than going on a temporary "diet."

4. Voglener

Voglener Active Member

Great question Viper and great advice guys.

5. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Make what you eat count. Avoid empty calories and refined carbohydrates such as sugar (in all forms), white flour, white pasta, white rice, potato, and alcoholic drinks. That will eliminate most take out food. Increase the amount of vegetables and fruit. If you eat meat, eat only lean cuts. Replace meat in some of your meals with beans. It's not convenient, but it works. I lost 65 pounds 3 years ago and have kept it off by clean eating and vigorous cycling. Being fit feels better than the best food tastes.

Draft saved Draft deleted