Do you guys think its a bad idea

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well if you're committed to being just friends, yeah it could be an issue. There was a girl who wanted me to move in with her who was pretty hot, but due to a lot of reasons I wanted to remain friends with her. (She has an STD for one, no thanks) I think if I had lived with her sex could have happened easily.

balkanxxl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think this is a loaded question, balkanxxl. Give us (as Paul Harvey used to say) the 'rest of the story'.

Until then, my response will be: "it depends".

Well recently I got two roomies. One guy is straight the other is gay. They know each other through work (work together - security). The straight guy is really attractive. I kind of did it fast (as i i met them and right away decided i wanted to room with them) but thinking about it i'm just wondering if this will be an issue for me. Will it be too distracting? etc

In the past, I have consciously decided to NOT live with people I find too attractive.

I gotta say the threads here don't help. The guy is straight..so that should be that and really not much should be made of it..but apparently based on this forum, he may want me to blow him lol

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well recently I got two roomies. One guy is straight the other is gay. They know each other through work (work together - security). The straight guy is really attractive. I kind of did it fast (as i i met them and right away decided i wanted to room with them) but thinking about it i'm just wondering if this will be an issue for me. Will it be too distracting? etc

In the past, I have consciously decided to NOT live with people I find too attractive.

I gotta say the threads here don't help. The guy is straight..so that should be that and really not much should be made of it..but apparently based on this forum, he may want me to blow him lol

What confused me about your original question was that ideally, people find one another attractive, and then live together for YEARS and YEARS, which is where families come from! :tongue:

It sounds like you prefer so far to stay single, and so you have avoided mixing attraction and practical matters such as daily living. But life being what it is, these two things will not always be easy to separate.

In the case of the 'straight' guy, in many parts of the world the definition of straight is flexible enough that same sex contacts are not frowned upon. And only the person himself can tell you how he feels about it. I would say, keep your cool, keep an open mind, and make friendships with these guys first.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To live with people you find attractive?

You know I love someone whom I really don't know, but I believe in my intuition and love at the first sight. It is complicated to explain. I met a Japanese guy at college and knew that he was the one whom I could live with the rest of my life. He is still the one that I love deeply from the bottom of my heart.

gert123

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
To live with people you find attractive?

Yes, it is stupid. You are chasing something you will never get.
If it was just like, he is hot, it would have been OK, but if you like him ... dude, move on.
Find someone that will love you back. And being kind, is not loving you back. Been there, done that.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't personally see any issue with sharing a home with someone you find attractive. If you moved in purely as a reason to get closer to the person then it may not be the best course of action - if you happen to live with this person but also have a crush on them, so what. If you are unable to control how you feel then it may not be particularly wise if you feel it would become a problem.