Does Anyone Else Feel an Extra Energy When Meeting a Bi Person In a Non-sexual encounter?

TriplePoint PolyBi

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
So as everyone knows I'm bi, mostly straight, and rather than cheat on my wife and get my M-M sex urges fulfilled on the DL I told my wife I was bi (long story) and joined a local bi organization where I could go and meet bi men and women and enjoy their company in person on a bi-to-bi basis. I don't need to actually hook up with anyone per se, just sharing the bi natures of our souls is more rewarding to me.

So last month our local group had a bi booth at the Pride Parade and I manned the table to hand out bi-themed stickers, flags, and bandanas to guests who came by the booth. There were a lot of women who stopped by, thanked me for the bi-swag and excitedly said, "I'm bi" Their excitement and energy of saying that out loud, in turn, got me excited and more enthusiastic in handing out the goodies and telling them of our bi club.

Hopefully I got some of them to join. The majority of them were drop-dead gorgeous.

I think what was happening in the dynamic was that when I transitioned to bi 30 years ago, there were no men at the time who would admit to me they were bi, so I kept it to myself and would only admit it to a woman after she said she felt bi herself. It was such a relief to find another person who was bi that I could talk to, so I opened up and would get excited about being able to share my own bi feelings. And I'd love the women for being bi, as it was quite common for the time for Penthouse and other male mags to show photo spreads of two women making out as I'd get hot watching the women kissing and fondling each other while my mind imagined they'd want me to join in.

Of course, it never dawned on me at the time that (maybe) there were women who were also bi-mostly-straight who got turned on and hot as they watched their guys make out and screw each other. I'd read about it in my book on 3-way sex that this did happen on occasion or two, then discovered one here at LPSG who's transitioning to accept her own bi side while she's trying to convince her bi BF that she gets totally hot watching or thinking about the two guys making out and shagging each other. I mentioned this to one of the women in my bi club yesterday when we had an event at the beach and she said, "Yep. Gets me hot to watch the guys make out with each other."

So I know there are bi women out there (may be a minority) who actually LIKE watching the guys suck and rub our cocks together, make out and get THEM excited to be bi themselves.

it's almost like I'm paying back all the positive bi energy that came my way and feed it back to the women as a thank-you for accepting me as a bi male.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or, as usual, is it just me?

Thanks!

Uncle_Bob69

Legendary Member
Media
San Jose, California, United States of America
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yes, back in the 90’s , I worked in the non-profit social services sector for various agencies up in the Willamette Valley. This sector consisted of predominantly female staff & middle managers answering to the white male administrators & executive directors . However, summer seasonal college student/athletes putting in their hours for internships & resumes filled in positions.
Even though I was in a college town where Men were a minority, & a curiosity to some of the more inquisitive friendly females. the social services sector was even more attractive to lesbians.
If one is observant enough to their body’s feelings & sensations & pays attention to their surroundings , they’ll adapt & adjust, & go along to get along or find something else .
I usually worked swing & graveyard , when it was either really crazy or really slow. The deal was to take care of yourself and fellow crew so you could help the clients. My program manager always said I was a natural , thought on my feet, staying calm . She showed me memos addressed to her from hard core seasoned staff complimenting me when I worked with them, My manager said these women never complimented anyone!
So the more I worked around the same staff & clients, the closer we became.
Lil by lil we’d do more stuff with each other, going out to dinner, to the movies, concerts, bringing the clients who felt calm around us and acted calm around the public in social settings. The clients parents’ loved it.
So then we started doing stuff within the clients. After awhile, they’d invite me over to dinner at their house. We started hugging & kissing & getting really chummy. They’d bring me along to lesbian bars & take me to Indigo Girls concerts, and joke with me about they thought they were lesbians until they met me. That there was something contrary about me, like I was in touch with my feminine side, getting into all that Jungian psychology stuff.
Well, I can’t remember how long it was, but one day I was at the local nude gay beach down by the River getting my cock sucked, when a lil ways away, walked my lesbian friends giving me a thumbs up , gesturing where they were going & kept walking.
Later on I joined them for some casual FMF bi-sex.

Meliane

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am not sure if I am making any sense to this thread. If I know a person to be a bi (heard from others) and developed some affection to her and yet I can only think of sex with a man, is it possible that I am a bi too?

mineaminea

Superior Member
Media
I am not sure if I am making any sense to this thread. If I know a person to be a bi (heard from others) and developed some affection to her and yet I can only think of sex with a man, is it possible that I am a bi too?
Based on what you wrote, no. It is possible to be emotionally attracted to both sexes and sexually attracted to one.

LilJock

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Based on what you wrote, no. It is possible to be emotionally attracted to both sexes and sexually attracted to one.
This may describe me. . . I've played sports most my life and have strong emotional attachments to men, some gay, but am only sexually attracted to women. . . well, almost only! LOL

I once engaged in a MFM menage a trois
:threesome:
for three or four months in college with a girl I'd been dating and a guy from class. He had a much bigger cock and, after the first night, by unspoken agreement, he did most the fucking. It was a strange situation: He was straight with a touch of bi; he and I developed a strong emotional attachment, probably for me stronger than with the girl, which remained primarily sexual. Occasionally, while she was sucking me off or something, he would reach over and cup my balls or play with my ass, nips and chest hair, but I always felt constrained about reciprocating (probably still a bit homophobic). He's still a good friend.

mineaminea

Superior Member
Media
This may describe me. . . I've played sports most my life and have strong emotional attachments to men, some gay, but am only sexually attracted to women. . . well, almost only! LOL

I once engaged in a MFM menage a trois
:threesome:
for three or four months in college with a girl I'd been dating and a guy from class. He had a much bigger cock and, after the first night, by unspoken agreement, he did most the fucking. It was a strange situation: He was straight with a touch of bi; he and I developed a strong emotional attachment, probably for me stronger than with the girl, which remained primarily sexual. Occasionally, while she was sucking me off or something, he would reach over and cup my balls or play with my ass, nips and chest hair, but I always felt constrained about reciprocating (probably still a bit homophobic). He's still a good friend.
Are you sure you were constrained (possibly due to homophobia) or was it simply a lack of interest?

LilJock

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are you sure you were constrained (possibly due to homophobia) or was it simply a lack of interest?
Probably a bit of both, probably more the latter, although I did feel uneasy sometimes by his gestures. Growing up in sports, like most guys at the time I probably had a latent amount of homophobia, but pretty much grew out of it in going to college. My after-school employer was gay and has become like a second father. If you've read my posts you'll see I've hung around with so many gays that I've been teased, "Are you sure you're not gay?" LOL Many of my gay friends have tried to convert me.

Reactions: mineaminea

Cock-a-Hoop

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Feeling energy round a gay person in a non sexual encounter seems to me like a myth , If you feel this energy then whether you like it or not that is sexual tension and you would do something for them in a insular situation even if it were only to let him suck your cock ;)

johnweek1

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
No? But I've never met a bi man before besides me. I know a bi woman, but its not exactly the same experience. I'd love to have a bi guy as a friend, just if not for any other reason, so we could truly bond and connect in a way that I can't with straight or gay people, or woman. Just a difference experience.

ManchesterTom

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
No? But I've never met a bi man before besides me. I know a bi woman, but its not exactly the same experience. I'd love to have a bi guy as a friend, just if not for any other reason, so we could truly bond and connect in a way that I can't with straight or gay people, or woman. Just a difference experience.
You have met lots of bi guys. You just don't know that they are BI. Many people talk about BI erasure or BI invisibility. There are probably more BI men than gay men. Its not like they can usually just announce that they are BI.

Heterosexual people who have known a friend for decades and mentally put that friend into a box of HES STRAIGHT. Then at some point they get told HE'S BISEXUAL, its total confusion and your average heterosexual has no way of unpacking this revelation. It's very uncomfortable for everyone it's far easier to let people believe that bisexuality doesn't exist.

The LG-T community all seem to have issues to some extent with Bi people. Do LG-T accept into the LGBT club. Not so much.

Reactions: johnweek1

johnweek1

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You have met lots of bi guys. You just don't know that they are BI. Many people talk about BI erasure or BI invisibility. There are probably more BI men than gay men. Its not like they can usually just announce that they are BI.

Heterosexual people who have known a friend for decades and mentally put that friend into a box of HES STRAIGHT. Then at some point they get told HE'S BISEXUAL, its total confusion and your average heterosexual has no way of unpacking this revelation. It's very uncomfortable for everyone it's far easier to let people believe that bisexuality doesn't exist.

The LG-T community all seem to have issues to some extent with Bi people. Do LG-T accept into the LGBT club. Not so much.
Apologies. I'm well aware of bi erasure. I meant that I never met an out of the closet bi-guy before. As someone in the closet myself, having a bi male friend would be amazing, I'd come out to them in a heartbeat just so I could have a friend that gets it.

ManchesterTom

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Apologies. I'm well aware of bi erasure. I meant that I never met an out of the closet bi-guy before. As someone in the closet myself, having a bi male friend would be amazing, I'd come out to them in a heartbeat just so I could have a friend that gets it.
I think you're completely right. Having someone close who understands you 100% is really awesome.

Reactions: johnweek1