Does reaching a certain age make you broody?

august86

Experimental Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2010
Posts
284
Media
31
Likes
16
Points
53
Location
Ask...
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Gender
Male
So I've just turned 25, and started noticing over the last few months that I've become really broody. Not necessarily in terms of having a desire to be sleep-deprived and covered in bodily fluids, but just wanting to have one lol.

My second niece was born a few months ago, my cousin as well as a colleague are due in the next 2 months, and I'm presuming that's highlighted it even more. Hell, even Beyonce's baby bump had me saying awww. :redface:

Which brings me to my question, does reaching a certain age bring with it, "baby fever"?

The Times - broody single man
 
Last edited:
Happened when I turned 25. Couldn't stand kids before that.

I'm so broody I look after kids as a job.
 
It hasn't happened to me yet, but I am young. To be honest, I don't think I'd be a very good father.

Happened when I turned 25. Couldn't stand kids before that.

I'm so broody I look after kids as a job.
You with kids?! Poor little souls. (I'm joking, of course.) :tongue:
 
I'm 44 and still have no desire for them. Parenthood is not meant for everyone. Luckily my wife feels the same way.
 
I adore kids! I would love to have them.

Therefore, I don't think age really has a total part of being broody (as if the posters above me couldn't disprove that - here's to one who's probably a bit too young to worry about this, lol). I understand that most younger people probably don't want kids or even plan to have any, but it's something I want... To be a father.
 
I adore kids! I would love to have them.

Therefore, I don't think age really has a total part of being broody (as if the posters above me couldn't disprove that - here's to one who's probably a bit too young to worry about this, lol). I understand that most younger people probably don't want kids or even plan to have any, but it's something I want... To be a father.
Same here, I've always wanted em. I've got much younger sisters so I guess I realised it was fun having toddlers round the house to look after. :)

Happened when I turned 25. Couldn't stand kids before that.

I'm so broody I look after kids as a job.
Shall we? :biggrin1:
 
"Broody"? Is this word in common use now? I saw the thread and assumed that it was talking about becoming prone to brooding, i.e., to gloomy pensiveness.
 
I'm still waiting for my paternal instinct to kick in, myself.


I don't expect mine ever will. I'm one of those people who really doesn't see what all the fuss is about with children. I did look after my little sister a lot when I was in my early teens and I think whatever tiny quantity of parental feeling I may ever have had was fully satisfied by that experience.
 
:(
Helping care for my sibs and nieces killed any broody in me ……..