Dry foreskin

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by B_mitchymo, Jan 24, 2009.

1. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

When masturbating i have noticed my foreskin becomes dry then sore as if it has split even flaking......i can discount the possibility of having an STD as i have not been active in a long whilst so any ideas what might be the problem and how i might solve it?....ty

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I would not discount anything, STD's can be dormant for a while. But it does not sound like an STD, try using some lube. On top of that use a good moisturizer after your shower, your skin can be a bit dryer in the winter.

3. Incocknito

Gold Member

I had this recently! I was worried too. It also made the skin around the affected area look a bit white.

I know that at least in my case it was from too much masturbation and maybe some damage from when a condom broke the last time I had sex. Applying Sudocrem has helped and its stopped cracking and more or less gone now.

I noticed that the Sudocrem left the skin quite dry and inflexible. ie whenever I pulled my foreskin back/down/in any way the affected area would open up again.

So I would apply some moisturiser too if I were you. I think the condition may also be caused by a lack of moisture. I know that I for one don't masturbate with lube.

4. lucky8

Gold Member

Change your soap and buy Aquaphor

5. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

to who just e-mailed me.......i cannot respond to you by email cos you have disabled the function....leave me a message here instead

6. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

Aquaphor?

7. nudeyorker

Gold Member

They might have it at Boots!

8. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

lol cheers.....but is it a moisturiser or lubricant.....i dont wanna end up blushing or anything when i pop down there to look for it

9. nudeyorker

Gold Member

It's a moisturiser! As far as lubes that will help, try Eros!

10. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Aquaphor makes several products, the best one is Advance Healing Onitment. It is made by Eucerin.

11. erratic

Gold Member

You might try different soaps, or just using water when you shower unless your dick is particularly filthy. The combination of winter and astringent soaps makes my face and hands crack, so I don't see why it wouldn't make other body parts do the same...

12. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    Some ideas for you:

Stop using soap on your penis. Apply a simple emolient cream like E45. Take vitamin E. Consult your doctor with a view to seeing a dermatologist. If you can't face getting your cock out for your doctor, most big cities have walk-in STD clinics where they're used to genitalia and they can refer you on.

13. midlifebear

Gold Member

Occasionally I'll develop a dry foreskin from too much bathing/showering (it's the sub tropics down here and not uncommon to walk in the house, take a cool shower on the terrace and jump in the pool for an hour five or six times a day). Two things keep me from developing any serious dermatological problems: if I'm starting to feel a bit too dry I squirt a couple of drops of baby oil (mineral oil) inside my foreskin and thoroughly rub it around the head of my cock as well as leave a bit glistening on the outside. When I'm otherwise doing fine, I still keep house by pulling everything back, drying my tool off, and liberally dust everything inside and out with plain corn starch. Both stop normal wear and tear skin irritation in its tracks.

Special note: after camping in the Sonoran Desert and fucking like minks every 20 minutes for several days, the head of my dick was worn almost raw. It was amazing how quickly it healed and everything returned to normal after several applications of generic triple-antibiotic cream. Neosporin would probably work as well. But then I knew I didn't have an STD, just an overworked penis.

14. carlton10

carlton10 Member

Olive oil is a good natural remedy

15. Sherwood D. Likelym

Sherwood D. Likelym Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Can't remember the last time my foreskin was chapped, but it was probably due to excessive intercourse vs. excessive masturbation. I seldom use lubrication, but always supplement my diet with vitamin E. I shower daily, and frequently shave the hair off my cock's shaft. Perhaps, applying after-shave lotion keeps my foreskin healthy.

I like the olive oil suggestion. It's something new for me to try. Maybe there will be additional pleasure benefits, also ... ?

16. erratic

Gold Member

I can't agree more. Olive oil lubricates, moisturizes, and soaks in as well. It's also not a petroleum product and, if the last 5000 years are any indication, is not likely to suddenly appear on the news any time soon as a cancer-causing agent.

17. tlbuncut5

tlbuncut5 New Member

Albums:
    It could be from dry skin. My dad taught me to never use soap on my penis, esp my Head. Soap will dry your foreskin out faster than anything. I hae always retracted my foreskin and use warm water to rinse it off, just like my Dad showed me. I have passed this down to my son's.

18. Ionto

Ionto New Member

It could possibly be some medication. Some people report a dry glans and foreskin when they are taking antihistamines, which tend to dry you out anyhow.

Draft saved Draft deleted