General Health Question

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I didn't know where to post this, so I figured I'd put it in the 'health'-y forum.

I have what I'm pretty sure is an enlarged surface blood vessel in my left nostril. Maybe not enlarged, but ....raised. Drawn out. It's on the left hand side (inside), near the tip but not quite. As far as I know, I've had it all my life, or at least since I was very little. Occasionally it gets inflamed and hurts like hell. When it's inflamed, it gets swollen (obviously) and feels like a pretty large lump inside my nose. [When it isn't swollen, it's still a slight lump that's more hard than protruding] If it's particularly inflamed, the whole left hand side of my nose is hyper sensitive and painful. Try properly snogging in that state! Nose bleeds are another story.

I've always just let it come down itself or, if it's really bad, used anti-inflammatory cream of some sort. Like I said, as far as I know I've had it all my life. I consulted a doctor about it once, but he was a frigging idiot and didn't help. So, do LPSG's medical buffs know how to get it gone?

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As I can't see it (I'd never ask you to post a pic of your nasty nose vein) it's hard to say, but having laser treatment on it is a possibility. That works for thread veins but as I said it's hard to know what it really is.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm a registered Nurse and wouldn't even begin to try and diagnose your problem from your description without seeing it in person....if you didn't like the one doctor you saw, find another one.......Blood vessels similar to what you describe can be cauterized rather painlessly.....As a general rule, I find it best NOT to seek medical advice on internet forums.....Just my 2 cents

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think some people ask advice IS not because they're going to take it but so they can go to the doctors with an idea of what their problem might be.
SP, I hope you're right, because did you know there are some Crazy people on the internet...:rolleyes:

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm a registered Nurse and wouldn't even begin to try and diagnose your problem from your description without seeing it in person....if you didn't like the one doctor you saw, find another one.......Blood vessels similar to what you describe can be cauterized rather painlessly.....As a general rule, I find it best NOT to seek medical advice on internet forums.....Just my 2 cents
Ooh, nursey-boy. I think I need a check up.

/bad innuendo

It's not that he said something I didn't want to hear. It's just that he's a moron. I'd had problems with him in the past. After he couldn't even diagnose the simplest of medical problems properly, I just ditched him.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ooh, nursey-boy. I think I need a check up.

/bad innuendo

It's not that he said something I didn't want to hear. It's just that he's a moron. I'd had problems with him in the past. After he couldn't even diagnose the simplest of medical problems properly, I just ditched him.
Not a bad innuendo....I'm always up for a little role play....:cool: (now if you only had a dick)