Get yourself tested

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by B_ytcorp, Jul 16, 2009.

1. B_ytcorp

B_ytcorp New Member

So, I'm going to pat myself on the back on this one and say good job:clap:... I got myself tested today and for no other reason than to ensure my health and wellbeing.
    I felt really good as I walked out of our clinic here at college having been praised by one of the nurses for coming in even without suspicion of any ailment. I just got myself screened because I've become sexually active within the past year and had a few partners; no more no less. I'm sure that I'm clear of any STI's but I must say its just that much cooler to be safe and sure.
    The best part of it all will be that I can say "Hey girlie, wanna fuck, I'm clinically verified clean" :la::tongue::rolleyes:
    But seriously do yourself (and your partner{s}) a huge favor and get yourself tested. :up:

2. MickeyLee

Gold Member

good on you, Ytcorp. you continue to be a shining example for young menfolk everywhere *smooch*

i donate blood and work at a clinic, i get ctested at least every two months for the big bads Hep, HIV and few other icks. once a year i go for the full screening *every 6 months when i'm not in a monogamous type thing*

i am a certified clean bean :biggrin1:

3. B_ytcorp

B_ytcorp New Member

and the AWESOMENESS ensued, wonder how many other LPSG'ers can say they are verified clean!?

4. B_diddydoo

B_diddydoo New Member

will do mate

5. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

I have actually hesitated to write in this thread. Because I am an absolute advocate of great health and want people to live long and prosperous lives.

There are however a few minor caveats with getting tested and especially being tested repeatedly.

Never get tested by anything other than a "free clinic" where insurance companies can not get ahold of this information. Repeated HIV testing can be used as a guideline for many things that are not good when it comes to personal freedom. People have lost health care coverage because of repeated HIV testing. It is a common procedure pre-operatively, but, it is also a guideline of high risk to an insurance carrier and they keep computer data banks of this kind of information.

Anything out of routine can be used against you.

Absolutely test, but test wisely and do it in such a manner that you make every effort to prevent insurance information or potential of insurance carriers to share this information.

6. MickeyLee

Gold Member

Mr. FuzzyKen - the every two months thing is just a side-shot of donating blood. you can donate every 2 months *or there abouts* and the donation center tests for all the blood borne icks.

7. highlife34

highlife34 New Member

I've never been tested :/ I've been meaning to but what is the procedure?? I don't want anything going down my peehole

8. Cowabanga

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The only painful one is a cotton swab stick, shove inside your pee hole, it will sting!

The hep is the only one that scares me, cause I see so many men not wash their hands after using the bathroom, at the movie theaters.

9. highlife34

highlife34 New Member

ouchhh do you have to do the cotton swab one??

10. Cowabanga

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Some state requires it for marriage certification!

11. B_ytcorp

B_ytcorp New Member

Well put, user discretion advised.

and to highlife34, the cotton swab is admittedly awkward and a bit uncomfortable but really isn't as horrible as its made to seem.

12. highlife34

highlife34 New Member

o mann im scared to do that one, what are the other procedures for other tests?

Draft saved Draft deleted