HIV

Joegrant43

Sexy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2013
Posts
649
Media
0
Likes
57
Points
53
Sexuality
Unsure
Gender
Male
Not sure how true this is, but I heard that once you ejaculate and the air hits it's the virus can't survive due to temperature.
 
I'm not quite sure what you are getting at?

My understanding is that HIV doesn't live long outside the body.

It lives in blood, semen and some other fluids...

I'm not sure how much of that is due temperature, versus anything else ( pH, salinity, etc. )

Why do you want to know?
 
HIV is actually a very wimpy virus and cannot survive outside the body at this point. The contact from body fluid to blood must be direct. It's the other diseases that aren't wimpy and don't require such direct contact to survive that you have to worry about (i.e. all the other STD's out there plus Hepatitis C)
 
It's true that when HIV enters the air, it dies off, which is why you can't get it through casual contact -- however, your ejaculation is still fluid. ;] It could still survive as long as the ejaculation is still fluid.
 
HIV can live for as long as the fluid stays fluid and temperature stable. It doesn't die instantly on air contact. Temperature extremes can cause it to die faster or stay alive longer. If it's still fluid, assume the sample might be infected. I think the legend of HIV dying instantly outside the body stems not from the virus but rather from the reality that the virus has no easy path into your bloodstream from the outside, where as it is pretty easy when being squirted into your body. But if you had a fresh cut and it came into contact with relatively fresh blood or semen, yes you could be infected. And as others noted, other infections can downright thrive in your extra-hominem fluids.
 
Last edited:
So do any of you have one night stands and if so what do you engage in that is fun but safe.

I've had a some, although I have made a choice not to do it anymore. I have primarily had oral sex in one night stands. I do not have unplanned anal sex, for both sanitary and intimacy reasons. So, a ONS with me consists of making out, feeling each other up (maybe becoming a massage, which I love to give and get), sucking each other off. If the situation is right, I also enjoy a nice hot shower together afterward.