I think "average" people are most tormented

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Think about it. I'm going to be very general here (as I know there are exceptions) but I think you'll agree.

People who are at the extremes of things typically don't stress out way too much about them. Hung guys aren't worried. Lots of small guys aren't because they accept that they are small by any means. Most guys who worry about size, whether their on the smallish side or not, are "average". Very overweight women also accept this. Naturally skinny women usually don't worry too much. Most bulimic/anorexic girls are girls who are predispositioned to be average weight.

I think when you're labeled "average", you never get a clear answer so you continuously worry.

ebb33

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Totally agree with you. Also the average person wants to be "on the better side" since he/she can see less difference, some potential. It's much more difficult to accept that you are not the hottest of the hottest of your close, but not close enough, to put it bluntly and simplified.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Think about it. I'm going to be very general here (as I know there are exceptions) but I think you'll agree.
people who are at the extremes of things typically don't stress out way too much about them. Hung guys aren't worried. Lots of small guys aren't because they accept that they are small by any means. Most guys who worry about size, whether their on the smallish side or not, are "average". Very overweight women also accept this. Naturally skinny women usually don't worry too much. Most bulimic/anorexic girls are girls who are predispositioned to be average weight.
I think when you're labeled "average", you never get a clear answer so you continuously worry.

I don't think that the average are the most tormened. They don't stand out, they fit in with most people. As far a cock size goes the guys with micropenis have it the worst. It is a curse that they must think about every day. they must have been taunted at the gym in school, and be hesitant to get ino sexual relationships. Huge cock guys can have been taunted too and they can have sexual problems because they are to big for their partner.

Average is also the best for body size. Now the average size is getting bigger and that's not good.

As far as intelligence the supersmart and mentally slow both have problems fitting in.

I think that maybe average is best.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Average is also the best for body size. Now the average size is getting bigger and that's not good.
Not to be critical, but what is your source of info for this conclusion?

I mean as far as average size going up. I agree average size is best all around.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Not to be critical, but what is your source of info for this conclusion?

I mean as far as average size going up. I agree average size is best all around.

It's more of an observation than a source.

Just from things I have heard, such as the average woman being a size 12, when they would prefer to be a size 6 or less.

I think we all know that Amercia is getting fatter and fatter.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Just from things I have heard, such as the average woman being a size 12, when they would prefer to be a size 6 or less.
Mem here is talking about weight, not dick size.

I agree average is better than extremes on each end. I've found that most men who really get it on about having a 14 incher are small or average. Usually the ones who have mega penises (over 9 inches) rarely brag about it. In the teen years their erections can't be hid. The bulges sometimes are stand out to the point that people gawk. To a 14 or 15 year old shy teen this is hell.

The ones with real hatred are the micro penises (less than 4 inches) They almost despise average or large. I visited a small penis forum not closed and the guys with micro penises were extremely ugly to guys with 5.5 inch erections and bsically told them to leave.

Of course there usually are exceptions to every observation.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mem here is talking about weight, not dick size.

I agree average is better than extremes on each end. I've found that most men who really get it on about having a 14 incher are small or average. Usually the ones who have mega penises (over 9 inches) rarely brag about it. In the teen years their erections can't be hid. The bulges sometimes are stand out to the point that people gawk. To a 14 or 15 year old shy teen this is hell.

The ones with real hatred are the micro penises (less than 4 inches) They almost despise average or large. I visited a small penis forum not closed and the guys with micro penises were extremely ugly to guys with 5.5 inch erections and bsically told them to leave.

Of course there usually are exceptions to every observation.

As always, a most excellent, and truthful post, Freddie.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's more of an observation than a source.

I think we all know that Amercia is getting fatter and fatter.

I'm sorry, Mem. I really did think you were referring to penis size.
I have a problem following a lot of ordinary conversations. I am too used to very clear, topic stated, writings. I guess I need to get my head out of the mechanical world and into the social one more often. Yes, overweight is becoming more prevalent in the modern world.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Average is such a generic statement. Average weight in MI and average weight in CA are totally different things.

It's "average" to be slightly overweight here because of the short and long seasons, and all of the high carb/fatty foods.

In CA I would imagine "Average" is almost anorexic. Thin would be dead.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
I agree too, with Freddie and Viking.

Today, we simply have more opportunities to "know" about various sizes and have the ability to compare (at least pictorally). And THAT is what's contributing to so much size anxiety today.

Our modern day openness and opportunities to discuss sexual stuff (via the net) comes with a price....knowing TOO much (sometimes). :rolleyes:

Still, despite this, there are men and women who seem able to accept themselves for who they are and "what they have" and go on with life.
And I sometimes wonder just how they do it.

Or----are they just remaining quiet and in essence being one of those who are (secretly) "tormented" ?

--Hmmmmm.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think that the average are the most tormened. They don't stand out, they fit in with most people. As far a cock size goes the guys with micropenis have it the worst. It is a curse that they must think about every day. they must have been taunted at the gym in school, and be hesitant to get ino sexual relationships. Huge cock guys can have been taunted too and they can have sexual problems because they are to big for their partner.

As far as intelligence the supersmart and mentally slow both have problems fitting in.

I think that maybe average is best.

I'm sort of average in body size (maybe a bit over...size 14 dress size, rather than 12.) I used to be very slim, and I had problems with that too because of where I lived (strangely enough, where I grew up it was more socially acceptable to be overweight than it was to be thin!) I'm a little shorter than average too, and the only real problem with that I've found is trying to find clothes that fit and won't drag the floor! I have trouble with finding clothes that fit because of the dress size too - a lot of stores don't have clothes big enough to fit me and I have to go to the plus-size stores sometimes, although I'm not really all that big.

And I can attest to the problems that people with high intelligence have fitting in. I've lived that all my life. However, I find the people in Mensa to be TOO focused on IQ scores and not so much interested in going out there and living life. Particularly they seem to me to be very sedentary and don't want to take part in physical activities (I don't mean sex here :biggrin1: I mean things like exercise...) I had trouble with this growing up as well, with the girls of average intelligence where I grew up, because being physically active was "just for boys". I was a very active child and had problems if that was stifled - I would get very fidgety and hyper. I also found a lot of the people in Mensa to be braggarts and that turned me off as well. Not all of them were that way, but enough of them were that I finally got really tired of it.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Average is such a generic statement. Average weight in MI and average weight in CA are totally different things.

It's "average" to be slightly overweight here because of the short and long seasons, and all of the high carb/fatty foods.

In CA I would imagine "Average" is almost anorexic. Thin would be dead.

That's probably true because of the Hollywood influence in CA. I've lived in Indiana and Texas, and "average" weight in both states are more like the "average" in MI than CA.

Scorpiorising

1st Like
Media
I think one problem is that we tend to want to see things in extremes. I'm of average size 6.5, but most men say I'm 'HUGE' and the 6.5 is an understatement. It's not, because I've measured. So, we 'average folk' tend to start to worry what the other person's perception is going to be. "So and so is larger than me so they must think I've got a tiny one". "So and so has a micropenis so they must think I'm well hung."

On the weight side, it's very interesting to see the trends. I'm very skinny. Always have been and always struggled to gain weight. I'm amazed at how many people want to be thin. Or, how many gay men want a BEEFY man. No one wants anyone in between. I would just be happy to be what USED TO BE average weight.

One more thing I noticed. Age. Well, in the gay world, at least. Used to be you were screwed when you reached 40 because no one wanted to . . . well . . . screw you. Nowadays, 30's are a curse. Everyone wants an older guy or a younger guy. For some reason 30's is too old for the young ones, but not old enough to be exotic to them. 30's is not exotic enough for the older ones because they want someone just out of high school, or their own age. Well, that is my experience, at lease.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think one problem is that we tend to want to see things in extremes. I'm of average size 6.5, but most men say I'm 'HUGE' and the 6.5 is an understatement. It's not, because I've measured. So, we 'average folk' tend to start to worry what the other person's perception is going to be. "So and so is larger than me so they must think I've got a tiny one". "So and so has a micropenis so they must think I'm well hung."

On the weight side, it's very interesting to see the trends. I'm very skinny. Always have been and always struggled to gain weight. I'm amazed at how many people want to be thin. Or, how many gay men want a BEEFY man. No one wants anyone in between. I would just be happy to be what USED TO BE average weight.

One more thing I noticed. Age. Well, in the gay world, at least. Used to be you were screwed when you reached 40 because no one wanted to . . . well . . . screw you. Nowadays, 30's are a curse. Everyone wants an older guy or a younger guy. For some reason 30's is too old for the young ones, but not old enough to be exotic to them. 30's is not exotic enough for the older ones because they want someone just out of high school, or their own age. Well, that is my experience, at lease.

I see this with straight men, too. What they are looking for in a woman is either a skinny-mini or a BBW, but not Jane Average (which is what I am).

I don't know about the age thing so much - usually the guys I'm attracted to want a younger woman than me, but that's partly because I tend to be more attracted to younger men. But then there's the whole cougar thing, so you never know...

lemont77

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I see this with straight men, too. What they are looking for in a woman is either a skinny-mini or a BBW, but not Jane Average (which is what I am).

I don't know about the age thing so much - usually the guys I'm attracted to want a younger woman than me, but that's partly because I tend to be more attracted to younger men. But then there's the whole cougar thing, so you never know...

No way! Average is as wonderful as them all! I've been with girls from all walks of life, and I've enjoyed them all. People can be insensitive louts, though.

:biggrin1:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No way! Average is as wonderful as them all! I've been with girls from all walks of life, and I've enjoyed them all. People can be insensitive louts, though.

:biggrin1:

I didn't mean my comment to be more self-pitying stuff... I've just noticed that a lot of guys don't want "average" women. It isn't just me, it's average women generally... or they think "average" is slimmer than it actually is (they have apparently no clue as to weight or dress size for the "average" woman!) Part of the problem I think is that we average people don't stand out in a crowd.

leanman2

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Freud would agree with you...he said that when there are very small difference between people or groups of people, then we tend to focus on the (tiny) differences that seperate us. So...if you have a slightly larger than average dick...you focus on the .006 inches that make you a bit bigger than average. It's something in our nature.

Think about it...Christian people you know always argue about the slight differences in their religions (Catholic, Protestant, etc.)...as a way of differentiating!

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'll add my 2 cents' worth on this post about being "average" as I've done in the past on similar threads....take it for what it's worth.:rolleyes:
I consider myself to be about as "average" as an American could be. I eat burgers and brats, proudly display the American Flag on my property and mourn the loss of our soldiers overseas. I have an "average" (read: NOT a prissy "Hollywood" type, or "Butch" tomboy, but she is an exceptional mate) wife, live in an "average" neighborhood, in an "average" house and have an "average" job. I sleep well at night, I don't worry about the stock market crashing, I don't worry about what tomorrow will bring, I don't worry about the end of the world, and I'm sure as hell not worried about my "average" cock size. What happens, happens. I, for one, am 100% happy (and proud) being an "average" American. :smile: I bet there's plenty more folks that think like me, too....
To say that "average people are most tormented"....... who dreamt this hogwash up? :confused:

avantgarde

Experimental Member
Media
I didn't mean my comment to be more self-pitying stuff... I've just noticed that a lot of guys don't want "average" women. It isn't just me, it's average women generally... or they think "average" is slimmer than it actually is (they have apparently no clue as to weight or dress size for the "average" woman!) Part of the problem I think is that we average people don't stand out in a crowd.

That's actually one of my constant annoyances with general Media. They show these twig thin girls in ads and lambaste you with the idea they're supposed to be "pretty"

either way. Being on the low side of average probably sucks because that means a majority of people are smarter/better/faster that you, but being in the mean and being on the upper side isn't so bad i guess. Same reason...only the truly "talented" are better than you; and most of the time, it's only in one area.

Being a Jack of all "Suits" beats being only Ace of "Clubs." Be proud to be average, and make your best attempt to be good at everything you touch.