IM chat etiquette

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I love to IM chat with everyone here. But there are a few things to remember. If you are underage (minor) don't ask for pictures. I am not going to jail for no one. If someone says they are busy and have to go, be nice and let them go. If not you may not get a return chat. If you are in mid-chat, don't disappear. If you have to go, type "brb" or something. Oh, and don't be @#$!ing rude. I had someone get pushy for pictures and wouldn't take no for an answer. Guess what, there is an ignore button and it does work.

sammygirly: How about, don't switch IM nicks in the middle of a conversation like I did to you yesterday? LoL

Tender: well i agree.
ditto a hundred times.
i had some nut IM me the other day (wasnt from here lol)
he blabs on and on with all this junk i hardly understood.
finally i typed in
look dude, you got 60 seconds to tell me where you got my address.
Castration 101 ::)
i luaghed--almost fell off my chair lol!
well Geo the red X works too... ;)
but i think you would be cool to IM with.
some people however cant carry on decent converstion with themselves, let alone someone else...

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I have used the "ignore" alot more than I wanted to. This morning I had an IM that just read: "I want to suck your..." you get the picture. At least start with a hi or something. What if I wasn't at the computer and someone else saw it? Lucky for me I am the only one who has access to the computer, but what about someone at work? Or has kids? Think before you type.
OH, and just because someone is logged in, it doesn't mean that they can chat at that time.