Is homosexuality necessary?

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media
Chadds Ford Township, PA, United States of America
Cuteguy i respect your viewpoint, and your right to find gay sex disgusting, i have to argue the point thought that gay people have a choice in being gay. It's just something you are or aren't. Do you really think people would go through all the pain of being different if we had a choice? Hence the shockingly high suicide rate amongst gay teens. I have never found women sexually attractive (beautiful yes but never in a sexual way) being gay was always the natural choice for me.

With regards to the AIDS thing due to the promiscuity of gay men it and the insuler nature of the gay community there were huge numbers of gay cases diagnosed however it being a gay disease was actually in large a result of governmental scape goating due to public fear of the illness. Simliar to being jewish in Nazi Germany. There are just too many issues in this thread to discuss in just one reply: sociology, religion, genetics the list goes on.....

I don't respect bigotry or assholes.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have never thought about it before but ,you know, with the male anatomy arranged the way it is and the prostate and rear end being so sensual and sexual in inclination and feeling for so many men, I believe a strong case can be made that ,yes, homosexuality might just be necessary to satisfy the natural desires and inclinations inherent in the male anatomical model!
It might just be that the design intention was for the male of the species to swing both ways to ensure survival under conditions of female sexual deprivation, such as while out on a long hunting foray or away for long periods doing batttle! Homosexuality might have been a relief valve designed to preserve the male species and protect it from undue emotional stress!

Reactions: Allan S.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What the FUCK are you on about lol! I really dont have a problem if gay people wanna be gay I just dont understand that choice, or the attraction to it. What annoys me more than anything is the way gay men go on like you are now acting like people dont understand it lol For fuck sake - Just realise that people dont agree with gays because its not the natural choice and to many people gay sex is disgustnig!

I am sorry to be the one to have to tell you this , mate, but you are in deep,deep water, way above your head ! Come back into the water later after you either learn how to swim or learn how to stay out of deep water! :rolleyes::wink::smile::smile:

Reactions: Allan S.

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
What the FUCK are you on about lol! I really dont have a problem if gay people wanna be gay I just dont understand that choice, or the attraction to it. What annoys me more than anything is the way gay men go on like you are now acting like people dont understand it lol For fuck sake - Just realise that people dont agree with gays because its not the natural choice and to many people gay sex is disgustnig!

About the bible thing, i think it would be negated with hardcore evidence that being gay is indeed NOT a choice.

Back when i first signed up here i made this thread;

http://www.lpsg.org/48656-gay-people-help-me-out.html

and it convinced me 100% that being gay is not a choice.

All of that?

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
OMG. This just shows that bigotry, prejudice, and narrow-mindedness are well and thriving. Hey, people: we are in a new century. I think it's time to let people what they were born to be. How many straight people would all of a sudden CHOOSE to be gay? About the same number of gay people who would all of a sudden CHOOSE to be straight. It's not a matter of choice. For someone to CHOOSE to be discriminated against and hated, as posited by the original post, is ludicrous. If you don't understand homosexuality, that's fine. Just try to conceptualize that for some people, it's perfectly natural.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think all of us including the OP are purely theorizing. None of us really have any solid basis for our claims. But it I think it's a valid question that the OP is asking. Perhaps the evolutionary purpose that homosexuals serve is underrated. In that sense, homosexuality could be an adaptation that's quite beneficial to the human race. My point wasn't that women protect children. I was suggesting that perhaps one of the many reasons for attraction of gay women towards other women may be an evolutionary mechanism against excessive male aggression. Other posters had discussed some explanations for homosexuality in men.

I have never thought about it before but ,you know, with the male anatomy arranged the way it is and the prostate and rear end being so sensual and sexual in inclination and feeling for so many men, I believe a strong case can be made that ,yes, homosexuality might just be necessary to satisfy the natural desires and inclinations inherent in the male anatomical model!
It might just be that the design intention was for the male of the species to swing both ways to ensure survival under conditions of female sexual deprivation, such as while out on a long hunting foray or away for long periods doing batttle! Homosexuality might have been a relief valve designed to preserve the male species and protect it from undue emotional stress!

Given that we find some degree of homosexuality in over 1000 species, its hard for bigots like cuteguyuk to make a case about it being unnatural.

There are a number of theories like donkeyboy is describing that speculate on the evolutionary advantage to a degree of homosexuality in a species. There is also the "spandrel" effect, where a manifested trait happens to be there because it's gene also produces something else very beneficial.

Either way, there are no accepted theories in evolutionary biology that insist that some degree of homosexuality in species is unnatural or evolutionarily counter-productive.

RobinSF

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
actually im not. i just dont agree with gays - whats your problem with that ? are you trying to justify your life or something, the facts are theres millions aof people out there that think what gay people do is disgusting because, it is! lol i dont really care what gay people get up to but I dont agree with it, to suggest Im dumb for thinking putting your cock in a mans ass is wrong is just stupidity really lol

I'm so glad that you do have a big dick, every person, no matter how unappealing, should have at least one good quality.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you don't like spinach you don't eat spinach do you. It's actually that simple.

SilverSoldier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This thread was inspired by another thread: (The Causes of Homosexuality)

Anyway, that thread got me thinking:

Almost all "investigations" into the causes of homosexuality are prompted by the unproven supposition that homosexuality is a "mistake", and that homosexuality is superfluous to the survival of the species.

As a result, most people are looking for mutations and flaws instead of pro-survival reasons for having a "third gender" (males and females who are genetically programmed to NOT actively reproduce).

Here is some food for thought:

-- Perhaps not all humans are supposed to be reproductively oriented. Look at bees and ants -- not every creature is involved in reproduction.

-- Perhaps the human form is just too complex to have a third gender (one that assists society, but doesn't necessarily reproduce)

-- And perhaps homosexuality functions as a form of population control

Any thoughts on this?

Interesting observations in this thread.
I have noted many times to bewildered heteros that there doesn't seem to be a shortage of horny couples producing unwanted babies. Nor is the human population dwindling.

If it's natural population control, I don't know. I only know that I didn't choose my orientation, which truly is bisexual. But these last few years I have had only male partners, which I guess would make me more homosexual. A beautiful woman still captures my eye, and makes me hard.

I also know that having been married over two decades, two times, and now divorced, that I would much rather have been a regular hetero guy, and helped me stay in the social circles where I thought I was investing my life. I would have easily been far more excepted and alot further along in my career, relationships, etc.

However, the nice lesson for me is that when I finally became who I truly am and tried to become my best and highest self, life became sweet. I've never been happier.

Just my thoughts.

B_feellikealilgirl

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
clearly, homosexuality is necessary, because not all women like sucking cock! even a guy blessed with a big cock might not be getting as much pussy as he wants. there's a secret ingredient in wedding cake that makes women hate sex, no matter how hung their partner is. and if the poor schmuck should stick his big dick into something new, his significant other will be off to the lawyers office before he knows what hit him. that is why nature created queers, to serve their fellow man , and help them to empty their bags when their old ladies won't.

SilverSoldier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The Bible IS the Word of God and yes it was written by men, but not just by anyone. Please speak with a little more depth of understanding. The Bible was written by Prophets, men to whom God appeared and who heard the voice of God. Men who had visions of Him and the result is what we know as the Word of God. Unfortunately much is lost in translation and yet the major framework remains untouched.
Yes men do get things wrong, but these men were used as vessels of God's Glory ... He spoke THROUGH them.
Disease is a result of many things, including sin. As none of us perfect we sin daily. People misinterpret what it means to sin and think that if we say you have breast cancer as a result of sin it means somehow you did something HUGELY incorrect and are being punished for it. There are many sins that could result in Breast Cancer. My Grandmother suffered with it for years before passing away in 1998. The result of years of pollution from working in a factory for 30 years, a sin albeit indirectly ... pollution. Smoking did not help. Smoking as we all know stands in the way of good health, so while it may be painful who is to say that people do not die as a result of their own sin. Reality is we cannot always blame outside factors for our own misfortunes and shortcomings no matter how painful it may be.
As you said, Judge not so it is no-one's place to determine who is sinning and who is not, that is where GOD comes into it and FAITH!

I think your comments are well thought out and well presented.
However, I do feel that when people start to introduce religion--to any degree--that suddenly they are speaking as if God pointed a gun to their head and said, "Say this, or else!"

I've been immersed in religion my whole life. But the greatest misery I have ever suffered was at the hands of religious zealots who were always quick to judge and condemn.

The truth is, until any person walks in my shoes, lives in my life, they are not qualified to be my judge. Therefore, God only, is my judge. Only he paid the price to walk in my shoes, live in my life, and pay my debt of sin. All others are disqualified.

And, that gives me a great deal of peace. I can walk among men and women and not condemn anyone, because I have never been blind for the blind, insane for the insane, a murderer for the murderer, and so on. And the only reason I abhor such things is because of the clear consequences and victims these things leave in the wake. I want to bring a little relief to the victims. I want to avoid being a victim. But I'm not qualified to judge another for an eternal destiny. I am qualified to assist in bringing to an end such suffering by trying to stop the murderer, the help the insane, the blind, etc.

That's called being Christ-like.

Sexual orientation is not a religious issue. Behaviors which bring negative consequences are an issue beyond religion. Religion is a way for us to become our highest and best self, not to destroy our neighbors or any other person we don't understand or agree with.

Okay, I'm done.

lostmymind

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think some degree of bisexuality and polyamory is the norm. I read a theory supporting this many years ago but I can't remember the source (sorry). The gist of it was that most species have an innate awareness of regulating their populations; the herd grows too large and food becomes scarce, too small and it may fail altogether. So reproduction is a factor. But there's also a basic need to develop social orders in most species: colonies, herds, flocks, schools, communities. And that bonding urge goes beyond reproductive sexuality. Or something like that.

Man, being self-aware (most of the time anyway), kind of skews the whole thing because of social mores, religion, and other self-imposed belief systems. So that norm of bisexuality is lost to one extreme or the other because the opportunity exists to allow it to be lost. The 'norm' is arbitrarily decided to be heterosexual because centuries of religious mandates say so, and it's good for supporting a viable worker class. There's a zero-tolerance mentality so anyone that doesn't feel 100% heterosexual has few options to consider other than a complete break with the 'norm', or in other words, a counter-culture develops that supports 100% homosexuality.

Now, before the flames start, all I'm saying is that there's probably a much broader spectrum than what our culture allows for. We've been pushing people to one extreme or the other for centuries and you can't underestimate the effect of that on a society, or species. I have no doubt that there are people that are born inclined to be 100% hetero- or 100% homo- but like most bell curves in biology the vast majority is probably somewhere in the middle, all other factors being equal.

I'll take my own sexual attitudes as an example. When I was in puberty I played with some of the neighborhood boys and girls like many, many people do. Didn't really care what gender they were, I was just curious and exploring the unknown. Then I got older and was solely interested in girls because that was the natural order of things in my specific situation. For many years I considered myself 100% hetero. No way would you have convinced me otherwise. I even had a few MFF situations that I thoroughly enjoyed. Then my wife convinced me to have an MMF thing with her and a friend of ours (hey fair is fair, right?). Surprisingly, I had a blast! There wasn't any touching between me and the other guy, it was all focused on her. But I liked the three way connection just as much as I did in the MFF setting. Then we did it again, and again, and again... okay, finding a guy as a 3rd is much easier than finding a woman. Go figure.

To this day I'm only comfortable with certain limited contact with me and the other guy in these situations. But basically I've come to realize that parts are just parts (cocks are sexy just like pussies) and it's more about the connection of all of us.... the bonding urge, the herd mentality, the community.

Does any of this make sense to anyone? Again, I'm sure there are people that are 100% one way or the other. Born that way. Period. But I think there's a vast majority that are closet bisexual to one degree or another. Isn't it interesting that we have that option on our profiles here?

Comments?