LPSG Samaritans

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Smartalk, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Smartalk

Gold Member

I have wondered for some time now, how many members have been trained by the Samartitans Organisation and are or have been active members. It is normally the rule that an person who is a trained Samaritan does not disclose the fact.

However, there have been a number of threads and posts from people in obvious mental and emotional distress, who need to quote the Samaritans

"confidential non-judgemental emotional support, 24 hours a day for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those which could lead to suicide"

If there are such members would they be willing to offer similar service on the site. Obviously we would have to run it by ROB E and the moderators who would ultimately select those who would be willing to chat in private.

I realise that this may be an impossibilty or have legal implications for the site. Just interested to know what everyones thoughts, view, and feelings on the matter are.

In the meantime anyone interested and who is Samaritan trained please send me a private message to register their support and interest.

Thanks for listening

Smartalk

2. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

That might be a lot for someone to take on. I have a Social Work schooled background, but I don't think I'd want to take the risk online. There is no legal protection here.

Draft saved Draft deleted