Mice

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Have you thought about the ultrasonic repellents?
I'm not sure how good they are as I've never used them, but you plug one in in every room in the house and they're supposed to annoy the vermin so much that they leave. I don't know if your puppy would like them though, so that would be something to investigate beforehand.

Cats can be good at keeping them away, but they often bring them in, play with them, get bored and walk away, or the mice sometimes escape under furniture.

Jason's suggestion with the traps is a good one. Let them get used to it first and then snap! Good baits are peanut butter, and chocolate and Snickers bars are meant to be about the best you can get.

You should be able to get little poison containers which the mice can get into but your puppy can't. It's probably worth getting some proper advice from an exterminator.

Seal up any holes or gaps that you can get your finger into and that will help, but it's no guarantee.

Good luck.

A few years ago, I went home for my sister's wedding. I remember waking up one morning with a mouse running over my head. I freaked. It was two days before the wedding and all of the wedding presents were in my room. My other sister and I went through everything, searching for the mouse and checking for damage. We eventually managed to trap it using a badminton racket and the tube my postgrad diploma came in! I did the sort of slightly humane thing and released it outside. Unfortunately, I don't think it really appreciated being launched out the end of the tube at arm's length.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I'm sorry. If it weren't 3:30 am here and 25 degrees outside, I dig a hole and give them a right proper burial.

We just toss their bodies over the porch in the backyard, we have the happiest and fattest neighborhood cats. Usually their little dead bodies are gone within an hour thanks to those cats.

Those street cats appreciate the food this time of year. I consider it recycling.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Rob i was mentioning in this thread about the dead mouse my cat left on my pillow.

UPDATE:

Caught 3 mice today....but it was odd, behind the oven we put 3 traps..... one was in a trap, one was caught in two traps and one wasnt in a trap. I can't picture what happened. The only guess i had was that the double trapped mouse scared the trapless mouse to death.