Morbid Realisation!

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Incocknito, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Incocknito

Gold Member

So last night like most nights I was having trouble sleeping. Thinking about lots of things.

What crossed my mind is:

All my girlfriends have attempted suicide!!

Not while I was with them or after we broke up...before we met. But still, I find this a startling and worrying realisation.

These are girls from 'across the spectrum' - different levels of intelligence, beauty and shapeliness.

Do I attract suicidal women? Is this a trend that is going to continue? Note that by girlfriends I mean semi long term partners from three months onwards.

I have had one night stands and random 'hook up' type sex although those girls did appear to be more 'liberal' which I am not into. But as far as I know they weren't suicidal.

Any comments/advice/stories of similar situations?

2. midlifebear

Gold Member

Although they all didn't commit suicide, all of my past lovers (going back as far as 1968) except for one guy who is now an ordained minister in the Church of the Perky Attitude are dead. Only one of them died on my watch (from an aneurysm). Fortunately, The Squeeze seem to be in good health, but he's buzzing about town on his Honda dirt bike and I worry he'll get snuffed out by a car or bus -- or his own ability not to pay attention.

Yeah, it is a bit morbid.

3. D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat Account Disabled

Check the side effects of your cologne? I dunno. I've never been in a relationship with a man whose father was still alive.

4. B_mylipswet

B_mylipswet New Member

In your mind until you meet me eye to eye if you d
    Oh yeah! I feel for you that MORBID suicide act had me going but, you get tired of that cop-out attention getting scheme.

5. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
    perhaps you seem 'lively" to them on a subconscious level...and that's a blessed trait to embody.

6. Big_Al9_5

Big_Al9_5 New Member

Albums:
    I wouldn't worry about it, unless you work at a suicide hotline. Do you look for the shy, wallflower type? If so, try someone a little more outgoing.

7. kazooplayer

kazooplayer New Member

All of my girlfriends had been raped. Maybe girls feel safe with me, and more hopeful with you?

8. crescendo69

Gold Member

All my girlfriends are fag hags.:biggrin1:

Many who "attempt" suicide fail, mainly because it is a cry for help. Perhaps you should google suicide and study how people deal with the afteraffects of failed attempts.

9. D_Selmus_Swallow

D_Selmus_Swallow Account Disabled

Thinking about, I realize all of mine have tried to off themselves as well.

10. D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat Account Disabled

Girls with that attitude (such as those who commit suicide etc) are looking for a source of constant attention whereas the ones who can stand on their own two feet will probably spend more of their lives being single - this might explain why you guys are ending up with the ones with these problems? They might not do it consciously, but they will manipulate you to feel sorry for them, and men have a real tender spot for a woman in distress.

11. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, dahlin', either it's a fad in your locality, or it's a side effect of lack of vitamin D. (At some latitudes, the winter sun doesn't pack much of a punch.)

I wouldn't worry about it, kiddo. :wink:

12. Incocknito

Gold Member

I know! I have bigger things to worry about. Like this erection that just popped up... :tongue:

nice pins btw!

Draft saved Draft deleted