Nude Beach Body Issues

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by TheBestYouCan, Dec 5, 2011.

1. TheBestYouCan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Being a frequenter (when I am able) of a certain nude beach in Fla, I have found that (not surprisingly) the women I have invited have had many more reservations about this experience than male friends. I suppose much of it is owed to the media and it's portrayal of the nude beach as a placed filled with perfect bodies and also it's portrayal as the ideal woman having largely unrealistic measurements.

Those that do end up braving the experience of dropping their clothes in the sand and enjoying the wind and surf are always thankful afterwards and profess their disbelief at ever being able to do otherwise in the future.

I found this article written by a woman about her experience and found her take on it to be refreshing. Jowita Bydlowska: Naked and Free on a Nude Beach

What say you women of LPSG? Have you ever been or considered it? Why or why not?

#1 TheBestYouCan, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  2. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I actually just had a discussion about this subject with a friend last week. We were talking about body image and confidence. He actually suggested that I visit a nude beach in my area, that I would be surprised at the different types of people there. Clothing is optional so I didn't have to take off any thing I wasn't comfortable with removing.

Curious I am, so I looked online and I wasn't surprised to find that none of the beaches in my state are legally nude beaches that I could find.

So have I considered it, I guess so. Would I go, with other people, you bet. Alone, nope. Would I take off my clothes, seriously doubt it.

However, if I were dating someone and felt comfortable with him and we went together, I may remove something, who knows. I still doubt it though, I'm to uptight. I suppose if I could wear a mask I might :)

#2 HiddenLacey, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2011
  3. NotSoDumb_Blonde

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Great article. Interesting topic. I've given it some thought because a man I dated around a year ago asked. I was a bit blown away at first, I mean, a nude beach? I lived in FL for about five years and even clothed some of the folks on the beach were not what I wanted to stare at....but it's not about staring at others, is it? It's about blowing those magazine, air brushed body distortions out the window....I think. So, yeah, there's one over on the coast up from Boston. I've considered it. I think it would be liberating.

4. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Many years ago, my sister and several friends went to a very secluded part of Plum Island, which is a very limited-access beach near the MA/NH border. When she pointed out that none of the men were required to wear something above the navel, she removed her bikini top and luxuriated in the sun next to me on my blanket.

Curiously, there was no response from any of the gay men in out little party, but the one straight woman complained bitterly that she was giving her BF "ideas". An argument ensued, and though it's been about 30 years, I can still remember both my sister's defiance and her friend's outrage. For all of the men (including the pseudo-straight BF) it was a complete non-issue.

FWIW, I frequent Haulover here in SoFla, but nudity's never been a hang-up of mine. The body types cover the entire spectrum: everyone looks and no one cares.

5. B_Coconutz

B_Coconutz New Member

If you have the opportunity to visit a clothing optional beach, take advantage. You will be pleasantly surprised that you have nothing to be ashamed of. An adults only clothing optional resort will have will have more "hardbodies" but will still keep your self esteem pleasantly intact.

6. B_bi_mmf

B_bi_mmf New Member

In my experience, women are generally more reluctant than men to go to nude beaches. But fortunately, my wife loves being nude at the beach. We hadn't been for a few years, and she was the one who suggested that we go again. After several gorgeous days there this past summer, going back to "no nudity" beaches was a real let-down for both of us.

We freely admit to most of our friends that we go to the nude beach, and it is always interesting to see their reactions. Many shriek and say, "God, I could never do that." We say, "Just try it, and we bet you will be hooked, just like we are."

The beach we go to is nude in just one section, across which many unsuspecting people walk. Some are quite surprised, but they seem to roll with it. It is a friendly, but not terribly cruisy, place. We have met some great people there, but it has not led to anything overtly sexual.

Can't wait for next summer!

7. dolfette

Gold Member

i wouldn't go.

why is there an assumption here that a woman's primary reason for declining is body angst? do you honestly think we have no greater other with being naked in public than some stranger seeing our stretchmarks? oh what silly, vain creatures we are!

that doesn't display very a high opinion of women at all.

8. TheBestYouCan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Dolf, the reason they've all given me is body angst. I'm only going off what they've told me. That's not an assumption, is it?

I haven't run into a woman who told me they wouldn't go because of morals, or because they enjoy wearing a swimsuit, or because they hate seeing other naked humans or any other reason really though I am sure there must be some.

What would yours be?

9. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

I wouldn't do it not because of angst about my own body- but have you seen some of the people most attracted to those places?

They are well above the obese mark and have been receiving copies of AARP for 15 years. I have absolutely nothing to be worried about with how I look. It's having to look at everyone else who is naked that would gross me out.

I apologize already if you fit into the category and were offended by my comments above. I'm sure someone did.

Oh and NICE new avatar TheBestYoucan

10. B_Coconutz

B_Coconutz New Member

Oh silly me, I forgot this was not part of your wankmaster thread. Stretchmarks are very common.

#10 B_Coconutz, Dec 5, 2011
  11. dolfette

Gold Member

the wrongness of being naked in public is drummed into us our entire lives. more so to women than men.
    studies have shown that people still scantily clad rape victims as partly to blame.
    being a stripper is still looked down on by many.
    one of the most common nightmares had is going to school/work and realising you're naked.
    when you want to feel more confident we imagine the crowd naked.
    that muslim cleric who said you couldn't blame the cat for stealing if you left your meat uncovered...
    eating the apple made eve ashamed of her nakedness...

angst about being naked runs deep in most of us.
    deeper in women than in men.
    it's very hard to put into words.
    it's hard enough to put it into cohesive thoughts.

#11 dolfette, Dec 5, 2011
  12. B_Coconutz

B_Coconutz New Member

You will always have a hard time trying to deal with real men.

13. dolfette

Gold Member

which would be why dealing with you is so easy.

14. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

I can't believe no one has mentioned yet the fact that sand and vaginas do not mix. The sand that sneaks its way in past clothing is bad enough. There is no way in the world I am giving it free entrance.

15. dolfette

Gold Member

sitting in the bath, shuffling your lips about, trying to get all the sand out of the creases and crevices... yeah, i'll pass.

16. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

*shudders*

17. TheBestYouCan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well now I'm confused. You just asked why does everyone assume it's body angst and then you just listed reasons why it's body angst. Help!

I do agree with you, however, that there are many facets of society that drill into us how nudity is wrong, especially for women.

And Rouge, that's why you bring pretty scenery with you ;) And thanks about the Avatar! I'm glad you are back.

I've always enjoyed being naked, period. Some of it, I am sure, comes from displaying what I have worked hard to develop (my body) but the rest is just an enjoyment of the state of being itself. The last time I went I took two very attractive women (At least to me). One was very curvy and is always worried about (what she refers to) as her saggy boobs. The other is a little more petite. When we arrived they looked around and said "Wow, it's normal looking people!" After the first girl saw woman after woman in their mid 40's and up with much larger or aged bodies walking around as if they weren't naked she loosened up tremendously. When the weekend was over both of them were hooked and professed their loathing to have to trifle with a swimsuit ever again. Both of them professed "body angst" before arriving and while there... but after being in an environment for several days where they weren't stared at or treated any differently than if they had been wearing clothes, they forgot they were naked for the most part.

In the end I was glad to have close friends with me who were mentally available and open to experience something out of the ordinary that I love.

18. TheBestYouCan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ha, as we already acknowledged, sand hardly respects the bounds of a swimsuit as it is. I've never had any of the woman that have gone with me complain that they had too much sand crammed into their vagina's when we got back to the hotel. But I suspect that could happen!

19. B_Coconutz

B_Coconutz New Member

Wich would be why you are so easy

20. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

Fitting you are in the Nude Beach thread since you are always showing your ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted