p90x Workout

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by MysticNight, May 24, 2010.

1. MysticNight

MysticNight Member

Hi all, I recently have been kind of lazy after spraining my ankle and really wanna get back into working out. I have heard from a lot of sources that the p90x workout is really good and works amazingly, but I haven't actually been able to talk to anyone about it. I was just wondering if anyone has some testimonials for it or if anyone was willing to chat with me about it so I can decide if I want to purchase it or not...if so, PM me please!

2. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I haven't done it but I wanted to say if you buy it look on ebay because it's cheaper I've looked at it on there myself. Goodluck!

3. n445

n445 Member

Albums:
    just download on the bay works a treat

4. Wish-4-8

Gold Member

I could talk about it here. I took a look at it and here is my take:
    It all depends on how you want to look. If it is you in your avatar, then you will be more defined. Maybe even a 6-pack. It will make you "cut", but not "buff". And you look like a thin guy. Its good for people trying to lose weight.

My problem with the P90x is that you are only really limited to your own body weight for resistance. Basically, bigger weight means bigger muscles. And, there are other things you will have to buy other than just the DVDs. Like a chin up bar and elastic straps. They dont really tell you that.

Then there are the suppliments. Yes, these are important, but they will sway you to buy their own brand. Again, not something they tell until AFTER you buy it. And unforunatley, they are right. You do need that stuff.

Look, a system is system. The P90x is well thought out. You will not go wrong with it if you are trying to get into shape. I just dont like the end product for me. I like having that "buff" look with big muscles. I weight train. And nurtrition is a hobby of mine.

So if you dont want to think, research, read, study, be prepare to spend money on people who will think for you. For me, its a labor of love. But Im not you. Any more questions, let me know.

5. MysticNight

MysticNight Member

@Wish-4-8: I guess what I mostly want is to be "cut" and "ripped", to have a good body, or at least start out that way. Then, if I end up getting ripped and want to workout more to get bigger muscles, I would move to heavy weights and higher resistance. However, the other stuff you say is right...the main thing that's keeping me from getting it is that I would need home weights/resistance bands and the chinup bar, which both aren't cheap, but might be a good investment in the end, I'm not sure. I don't have a gym membership right now, so I'm just debating what I want to do in the end. I'm really not in fantastic shape right, been lazy lately, so I was hoping to use this to get in real good shape before moving on to anything else.

6. RJREAL1

RJREAL1 New Member

Albums:
    It is a good workout and coupling it with the diet plan really gets you in shape. You have to totally commit to it and the 1hr daily routines.

7. Mr_Bulldog

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    As a user of the p90x system I can tell you it works and you'll definitely begin the feel the difference in the first few weeks. And despite what others have said here you can get buff you just have to up the wait and lessen the reps. It's all explained in the dvds. I highly recommend getting their resistance bands unless you have a full dumbbell set.

8. Mr_Bulldog

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    And they have a nice affordable chin up bar at big 5 and walmart but beachbody's resistance bands are very nice.

9. ATLTommyBoi

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    I do INSANITY which uses mostly cardio and it is INCREDIBLE.

10. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    Also, before you buy that...take a look at the Insanity workout as well. I have friends that have done that and love it.

11. 87sultan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have done 2 rounds of p90x and love it. For me, I enjoyed being able to pop in the dvd and not have to think about it. I was mainly trying to bulk. I did lean down some though not as much as I had hoped.

The diet plan is effective, although it gets expensive to buy all of the food they recommend and you'll spend a lot of time cooking. That said, they offer you a couple of different diet options so you can choose the one that most suits your situation.

The program also encourages careful tracking of your progress, meaning taking before, during and after photos as well as recording the amount of weight and number of reps for each exercise. I think those are good habits to get in to and something I'm still continuing to do.

Although I'm working out with free weights now, I'm still incorporating some of the cardio elements into my workouts. The plyo routine kicks butt!

12. MysticNight

MysticNight Member

Thanks for the help all! I'll have to check out Insanity as well, I heard of it, but I heard it was mostly cardio...I do want to get in shape, but I want to try and gain some muscle/tone up as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted