1. smrtypants

smrtypants New Member

I have heard all of those success stories of p90x but I am still a little weary. What are all of your thoughts?

Also, I'm 18, a senior in high school and live with my parents. I have never been really interested in working out before and I'm not sure how to approach them on the topic.

2. PECTACULAR

PECTACULAR New Member

Albums:
    seems like a good system as video series go. but, have been told by many that it is not for the weak of heart.

3. Jaycat

Jaycat New Member

Albums:
    I do p90x and it is a beast. I love ab ripper the best, and there is no way not to get in shape. The pleasure of p90x is it does simple moves that are focused on one muscle group and it definitely works that muscle group. I definitely recommend p90x.

4. Barely Big

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've heard it's pretty good for getting a "beach body" in that it's a hard workout. It really depends on what your goals are. If you want to get bigger muscles without caring too much about sports, etc. then train like a bodybuilder. If you want to become beastly strong, train like a power lifter or strong man. If you want to run faster, you train that. It goes on... Pick a goal and stick with it for a while. When first starting out you'll see very quick results pretty much regardless of your program.

5. D_Fitzgerald Cutwilly III

p90x is definitely a killer work out. i just started it not too long ago. im in shape and its kicking my ass (in a good way) lol. basically agree with everything Jaycat said.

6. LeeEJ

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's great, especially if you're tired of the same old routine. There's 12 DVDs, but they come in phases. Many of the discs don't have you repeating an exercise during the entire workout, too. Follow its schedule and you won't be hammering the same muscle groups two days in a row.

As an example, use this schedule builder to see the order of the workouts.
    P90X Outlook/iCal Schedule Builder

After the prescribed three months, you can do it again, or use its principles to augment whatever else you're doing, or hybridize it with Insanity (believe it or not, the cardio DVDs of P90X will become easier, and it's not like you can increase their intensity like you can with the weight training DVDs).

7. LeeEJ

Gold Member

Albums:
    About this --

I dunno -- just ask. I put the P90X videos on my iPhone and, when I went to visit home over Christmas, I went with my dad to the YMCA and had him follow along with me as we watched the videos on the phone. He's started to get into it on his own now.

One more thing -- like any other workout, it's only as intense as you make it. Tony's got three other people with him in each video (four in the Yoga X one), and one or two of them often do toned-down variations of each exercise (for example, instead of high-knees towel hopping, just stepping over it to each side). If the full-bore variant kicks your ass, do the easier one, and you'll work your way to the harder one eventually.

8. Brick7

Brick7 Active Member

Albums:
    The dark conservative heart of Central California
    Pop/Rock singer Pink said she used P90x to get into shape. She's in amazing shape so something's working.

9. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    If you've never worked out before, this may be too much. You'd probably burn out IMHO.

I'm sure P90X works. But I'm also sure there's nothing magic about it. If you work out like a fiend you will get results.

10. LeeEJ

Gold Member

Albums:
    Her trainer, and the person who taught her how to do that aerial stuff, is Dreya Webber, one of the women in the P90X videos.

Pink also said that she often turns the sound off because Tony's jabbering gets on her nerves. :biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted