Patrick Schwarzenegger

TheBoss10

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
hard disagree, It's not that male actors are more assertive ,lollllll, that just reeks of sexism. you are ignoring the fact that the straight male gaze shapes entertainment. There are countless number of shows/tv programmes which only have female nudity. A majority of directors ad tv executives are still male and they make the decisions as to what is shown.

Also male shiftlessness is not equivalent to female toplessness. Are there countries which it's illegal for a man to be shirtless in public?
Breasts aren't as big of a deal in others parts of the world. Male and female actors show almost the same amount of skin. The male gaze happens in Europe as well, but they don't go crazy when an actress takes her top off. North American is just too puritan about the female body.

But, nude scenes are all known before an actress signs on to a project and or discussed before the scene is filmed. Consent from the actress occurs. Don't want to show your breasts, don't show em. On TV you get paid extra bonus for nude scenes.

Adults making adult decisions. Let's stop infantilizing our actresses.

Reactions: Cryptrobber

mikyang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
hard disagree, It's not that male actors are more assertive ,lollllll, that just reeks of sexism. you are ignoring the fact that the straight male gaze shapes entertainment. There are countless number of shows/tv programmes which only have female nudity. A majority of directors ad tv executives are still male and they make the decisions as to what is shown.

Also male shiftlessness is not equivalent to female toplessness. Are there countries which it's illegal for a man to be shirtless in public?
no but then men dont have boobs

wayne joynx

Superior Member
Media
Breasts aren't as big of a deal in others parts of the world. If you remove breasts from the equation, male and female actors show almost the same amount of skin. The male gaze happens in Europe as well, but they don't go crazy when an actress takes her top off. North American is just too puritan about the female body.

But, nude scenes are all known before an actress signs on to a project and or discussed before the scene is filmed. Consent from the actress occurs. Don't want to show your breasts, don't show em. On TV you get paid extra bonus for nude scenes.
that's simply not true. Breasts are big deal everywhere if that wasn't the case you would see women walking in public areas topless. There are only two countries in the whole world which allow female toplessness and male toplessness isn't illegal anywhere

it's only of late, post the Metoo movement that nudity has become more delineated, we have multiple cases of women being coerced into nude scenes or being lied to about what was going to be shown in the movies. Sharon Stone, Olivia Colman, Keira Knightley and the list goes on and on. That being discussed before being filmed is new, a lot of actresses weren't given that grace

Do you have an example of an actor/actress who was paid extra for a nude scene? The only case I have ever heard was Jamie Dornan who was offered more money for frontal nudity and he refused

Reactions: legolussy

WDVINCO

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In Australia, the focus of public decency laws is primarily on the exposure of genitalia, not the breasts, although local councils can set their own standards. In contrast, in Islamic nations, women are usually covered from head to toe, and being topless can lead to persecution.

In the United States, there’s a prominent double standard. While it’s generally considered inappropriate for men to be shirtless in formal or enclosed public spaces, idk if it’s outright banned. For instance, a man jogging shirtless on a hot day is acceptable. However, if he were to enter a store, he would be required to wear a shirt, hence the “No shirt, no shoes, no service” policy.

Yet, regardless of the situation, American women are generally not permitted to be topless in public, unless it’s for breastfeeding, which is often done with a covering or in restrooms, or at a beach, subject to the beach’s regulations. Thus, in the context of nudity, male shirtlessness isn’t viewed in the same light as female shirtlessness, at least to American audiences.

WDVINCO

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Do you have an example of an actor/actress who was paid extra for a nude scene? The only case I have ever heard was Jamie Dornan who was offered more money for frontal nudity and he refused
I think they were saying that actors usually ask for a larger pay for going nude, specifically women.

mikyang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think they were saying that actors usually ask for a larger pay for going nude, specifically women.
and man are never asked to wear the skimpy outfits like woman so there is the double standard there too and woman can be totally naked think X-men raven versus beast being butt naked or even angel. finally raven got some clothes!

Reactions: Carolina HM

TheBoss10

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yup!

Euphoria's Sydney Sweeney laughed off concerns about all of her nude scenes and mentioned that all actors that go topless or nude get a bonus. HBO and cable have been offering nude bonuses for ages. It's just how it works, like overtime rules with SAG. The women in SATC also got bonuses for going topless, SJP (and Zendaya with Euphoria) wrote a no nudity clause into their contracts from day one.

But if you aren't an extra an extra and show nudity you can request a bonus. If you are an extra going nude you were specifically cast to be nude.

WDVINCO

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
and man are never asked to wear the skimpy outfits like woman so there is the double standard there too and woman can be totally naked think X-men raven versus beast being butt naked or even angel. finally raven got some clothes!
I mean... if it's the Nicholas Hoult version, I won't mind him in some skimpy clothes... pre-transformation.

Reactions: mikyang

wayne joynx

Superior Member
Media
In Australia, the focus of public decency laws is primarily on the exposure of genitalia, not the breasts, although local councils can set their own standards. In contrast, in Islamic nations, women are usually covered from head to toe, and being topless can lead to persecution.

In the United States, there’s a prominent double standard. While it’s generally considered inappropriate for men to be shirtless in formal or enclosed public spaces, idk if it’s outright banned. For instance, a man jogging shirtless on a hot day is acceptable. However, if he were to enter a store, he would be required to wear a shirt, hence the “No shirt, no shoes, no service” policy.

Yet, regardless of the situation, American women are generally not permitted to be topless in public, unless it’s for breastfeeding, which is often done with a covering or in restrooms, or at a beach, subject to the beach’s regulations. Thus, in the context of nudity, male shirtlessness isn’t viewed in the same light as female shirtlessness, at least to American audiences.
so do Australian women walk around topless like the men do? can they order from coffee shops topless or go shopping without a top?

wayne joynx

Superior Member
Media
Yup!

Euphoria's Sydney Sweeney laughed off concerns about all of her nude scenes and mentioned that all actors that go topless or nude get a bonus. HBO and cable have been offering nude bonuses for ages. It's just how it works, like overtime rules with SAG. The women in SATC also got bonuses for going topless, SJP (and Zendaya with Euphoria) wrote a no nudity clause into their contracts from day one.

But if you aren't an extra an extra and show nudity you can request a bonus. If you are an extra going nude you were specifically cast to be nude.
can I ask where you saw this? like a link or something

WDVINCO

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yup!

1. Euphoria can indeed be a sensitive topic, particularly when discussing Sydney. While she clearly comfortable with on-screen nudity and should have the freedom to choose if she wants to go nude or not, it’s important to remember that her character, Cassie, is essentially a creation of Sam’s that he uses to explore his own kinks. I remember someone joking that Cassie's character is just a topless girl experiencing a breakdown, and the second season certainly proved the fuck outta that point!
2. FUCK EXTRA NUDITY!!! I'm tired of seeing hot guys walking around with their asses out and not having names. I wanna put a name to the as-- I mean face. If I made a show and there was nudity, it would be named characters ONLY!!!

TheBoss10

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Men are sexualized as well.
Chris-Evans-Not-Another-Teen-Movie.jpg

channing-sock.gif

image.gif.f276fefd0fc6245f0f8445214bf91d9d.gif

tumblr_meq7arXU3z1rysiszo1_500.gif

70f01dfdfe1104ce172146a6c3039093.gif

ATJ (James Bond) showed his hole in a beif shot of Savages. Not shown here.
Movie-Savages-remade-gif-8.gif

This was Tom Cruise offered up on a platter. Yes, he's not nude here, though he is later on in this movie.

Male sexuality is different then female, but men are also used as pieces of meat in Hollywood. Sadly Patrick has given up next to nothing.

wayne joynx

Superior Member
Media
1. Euphoria can indeed be a sensitive topic, particularly when discussing Sydney. While she clearly comfortable with on-screen nudity and should have the freedom to choose if she wants to go nude or not, it’s important to remember that her character, Cassie, is essentially a creation of Sam’s that he uses to explore his own kinks. I remember someone joking that Cassie's character is just a topless girl experiencing a breakdown, and the second season certainly proved the fuck outta that point!
2. FUCK EXTRA NUDITY!!! I'm tired of seeing hot guys walking around with their asses out and not having names. I wanna put a name to the as-- I mean face. If I made a show and there was nudity, it would be named characters ONLY!!!
I don't know why it's always framed like Sam is a pervert when all actors support what he does ad he's never had an actor complain about him. In fact just last month it was established that the Euphoria cast stood up for him when HBO wanted to fire him

WDVINCO

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't know why it's always framed like Sam is a pervert when all actors support what he does ad he's never had an actor complain about him. In fact just last month it was established that the Euphoria cast stood up for him when HBO wanted to fire him
1. It's more the writing and character work, rather than how he treats his cast.
2. Girl... The Idol

CockCock

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The hell are y'all on about. Doesn't matter if the actor male or female if they don't want to show their bits and pieces it's up to them. If they choose to work for trash streaming service like Netflix and Amazon Prime or whatever in their softcore flicks, what did y'all expect? Doesn't matter they are big names or nobody in Hollywood. There are many both big and small names in Hollywood who ain't show a thing throughout their career as actor. It's up to the person. Now, get back to Patrick and his beautiful face and body. Sheesh! As if LPSG is not suck enough yet with content removal craps.