"Pay Attention."

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Does it ever surprise you when you have to get blunt with someone whom you thought was paying attention? This has happened to me recently and I found myself surprised and a little hurt that the person involved had a much a lower level of awareness than I'd previously believed. It put a strain on the friendship. Rude things were said by both parties, and I felt the need to apologize. Still waiting for the other person to get with the program and will be sad if it doesn't happen.

Yes, it surprises me, especially when I'm teaching a class people paid to take and they're clearly not paying attention.

I try not to get offended if people aren't paying strong attention when they should be to me. It happens. People get distracted. If I caught someone not paying attention that way and I thought they should have been, I'd say something, but not get upset with them. I'd say something like, "Are you paying attention?" or "Listen please." It's probably a little awkward for them at first, honestly, but it has always worked without incident.

stoke festing on Priest down this way, Mr. Guy-jin.

Y'know Mickers, I just read "The Passage" and I'm not sure that movie is gonna do it for me. I really genuinely prefer the "I Am Legend" type viral vampire to the religious monster. Well, except for Bram Stoker and ones that take place in New Orleans 80-120 years ago.