Phimosis

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by speedjunkie, May 24, 2010.

1. speedjunkie

speedjunkie Member

Do you have to get circumsized to get rid of this condition? I have it and really cant afford to go the doctor right now, but I thought you guys would know since that this is a penis site.:biggrin1:

Is there any other treatment that I could possibly do at home? Would masturbation help?

2. Florida Boy

Gold Member

You sound like it's suddenly an urgent matter. If it is simply a case of it being much too tight, I've heard of stretching exercises helping. This would be a slow process. You'd have to be very careful not to break the skin.

In the other kind there is an attachment inside the foreskin. I wouldn't recommend snipping that yourself.

Good Luck

3. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    Depending on your age, and how tight your foreskin is, and wether this is recent or has always been the case, you may be able to fix the phimosis by stretching your foreksion regularly. This takes months to accomplish.

But thre are many types of phimosis where circumcision is the only realistic cure.

4. Rammajamma771

Rammajamma771 New Member

There is one treatment where the foreskin in clipped so the tightness is broken but the foreskin is not removed.

5. oldriver

oldriver New Member

Speedjunkie -- Get professional advice. Even if it involves circumcision, it can't be that expensive, and the results will be worth it. I have a friend who was circumcised when he was in his late 20's and he said he wished he hadn't waited that long.

6. vindicator

vindicator Member

Albums:
    How bad is it? Can you pull the skin back at all soft? Or just not when hard? When did this start? Was it always like this or it happened recently? Hard for anyone here to give an opinion without pics...

7. Dragon88

Dragon88 New Member

Albums:
    I had a really bad case of phimosis and got a circumcision at the age of 19. In the beginning of puberty, I didn't mind, but as I got older, it only got tighter. That's why it started hurting when I masturbated and had a hard time enjoying sex as well. And I also got an hygiene issue. I think I made the right decision, though it's been more difficult to reach an orgasm and my penis is far from as sensitive as before.

So it's a bit hard to give a clear yes or no. But I would advice you to at least see a doctor and find out if the phimosis is a problem for you, either if it's sexual enjoyment, medical or hygienic... But you should be aware of that the orgasms won't feel the same as before. That's my experience...

8. vindicator

vindicator Member

Albums:
    Do you know what style of cut they did? How many cm's of inner foreskin do you have left and did they remove your frenum? This will influence how happy the owner is after the procedure.

9. russray77

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have very recently been circumcised for exactly this reason....I suffered for years ( as u can see i'm in my thirties) with a tight foreskin which would become painful if fully retracted during sex. I'm currently healing at the moment- so can't tell you the exact benefits yet- but I do wish I'd had this operation sooner.
    i tried stretching techniques, rubbing aqueous cream on the underside of my foreskin daily to soften it and nothing worked- so circumcision was the only option for me.

10. MK9

MK9
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It depends. I have managed do stretch the skin on my own. Hot water and patience help. The first time you succeed, it hurts a bit, and the glans gets huge to make things more difficult, but then it calms down.

11. Sapien

Sapien Member

Albums:
    Here are some links to websites with information on techniques to deal with tight foreskins.

The first is to a page from the NORM UK website written by Dr Peter Ball. There is a contact link to contact him if you need help with the techniques or your doctor insists that circumcision is the only answer.

Can foreskin problems be treated without circumcision?

The second is a no-circumcision blog where stretching techniques are described.

no circumcision: Stretching To Fix Tight Foreskin (Phimosis)

The third is a link to a balloon device that can be used as an aid to stretch-loosen foreskins.

http://store.platigosolutions.com/

There are various techniques that can be used. If you find that one technique doesn't work it doesn't mean that none of them will. As a foreskin restorer I know that quite well from experience. Not everyone responds to the same techniques. It may take some experimentation to find the right one that works for you.

12. Incocknito

Gold Member

Stretching

Pull the foreskin back (when soft or hard) as far as is comfortable/as far as it will go.

Hold it for 30 seconds. Rinse/repeat.

Using a steroid cream such as Hyrocortisone 1% cream can help. So can lube and just water/spit.

Do that for half an hour each night and you will results in a month or two at the most.

I used to have a tight foreskin. Now I have a functional foreskin. The foreskin can go all the way back when hard but it takes a lot of force. Mostly it just goes halfway down the head.

Frenuloplasty

This involves making a small incision in the frenulum/banjo string. If you look at the back of your penis head you will see two strings or perhaps only one. These are what cause the tightness. Cutting those string/s frees up the foreskin.

On my foreskin the right string has detached but the left string is still attached. So when retracting it soft the right side goes down noticeably further than the left.

I guess I could have a frenuloplasty but it works fine as it is. Not "perfectly" but it does the job and the banjo string has never snapped, as can happen with some people.

Circumcision is only required in <1% of cases.

13. darkbond007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Care to back that up with some supporting documentation?

14. Sapien

Sapien Member

Albums:

I can't say where Incocknito got his information - most likely an "off-the-cuff" statement to illustrate the point he was making --- that in most cases circumcision is not necessary.

I do have supporting information that indicates that is required in only about 10% of cases. Refer to the Norm -UK link I posted above.

"NORM-UK estimates that at least 9 out of 10 patients undergoing circumcision in British hospitals do not need to be there 1 2."

1 - What is 'phimosis'?, Van Howe R, CIRP (further references on CIRP page)

2 - Rickwood AMK, Kenny SE, Donnell SC. Towards evidence based circumcision of English boys: survey of trends in practice. BMJ 2000;321:792-793.

15. darkbond007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Sapien, have you had phimosis?

As for your NORM quote that means nothing for me, 9/10 people going to the doctor for a cold dont need to be there and should be fine with just an over the counter product.

Additionally trending surveys is not supporting evidence.

I got out of arguing this topic but you guys do grave disservice to people of this board by pushing your propaganda against circumcision. I certainly don't want to get into another one with you or dxj or tlctugger or any of you guys who are just against it. But pushing people to biased sites with respect to medical advice is irresponsible. Every person is different and every case is different.

16. mongooseontherun

mongooseontherun New Member

as with anything medical it is allways different case to case, my fella has phimosis and does not intend getting it treated as it (to quote him) "has never been an issue"

different people are different, my advice to the posted having been with men of varying degrees of phumosis, no you dont allways but some cases there is no other choice, some of the times it just loosens with use, that has happend with a couple of my exs

17. Sapien

Sapien Member

Albums:
    I disagree, I am not pushing propaganda but am providing links to information that could be helpful - one that includes a medical doctor with much experience in this area. Just because you struggled with phimosis prior to getting circumcised does not make you an expert either. Do you have a medical degree? You are one person with one experience. I agree that circumcision is sometimes the right answer but it is not always. Unfortunately there is a tendency for doctors to reach for the knife too soon in many cases.

I have met enough restorers that were circumcised as adults that were not only disappointed in the negative affects of their circumcision but also that there were not informed of less invasive alternatives.

Pointing someone in the direction to do some research and seek out alternative opinions/methods in my mind is not a disservice.

18. Dragon88

Dragon88 New Member

Albums:
    I think the circumcision style I have is called a V-shape with frenulum intact. They cut of the foreskin from about an inch below where the head starts, but the frenulum is still left. It's a bit difficult to explain, but I hope you know what I mean. I think they took to much, but there's nothing I can do about that now, even though I told the doctor to take as LITTLE as possible. And since my penis was fully developed by the time I did it, it doesn't look that good compared to if I had it done as a small child, like in America.

#18 Dragon88, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  19. darkbond007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You owe it to yourself to inform people from unbiased sites. Quoting sites like NORM is a disservice. It would be like my quoting from CIRCLIST.

You contradict yourself by saying you provide links with doctor references however doctors also tend to go for the knife quickly.

Your stats with respects to restorers who were circumcised in adulthood is a red herring stat. I can easily say there are more happily circumcised men than there are restorers period. You will more than likely come back and say thats because they dont know any better.

If you really wanted to be biased why not include feed back on everything. Why a person would stay intact...Why one would restore....Why one would stretch and Why one would get cut? Your allegiance and advocacy for being uncut coupled with your disdain for circumcision is pointing doing some grand special service for someone but it is manipulating a man's fear with respect to his penis.

Every adult man should be able to make up their own mind if all the options are presented. There is nothing wrong with having an adult circumcision.

20. Sapien

Sapien Member

Albums:
    Darkbond, I see you have not changed your style. You still insist on twisting and distorting what people write or their obvious intent is in attempts to discredit what they have written. I guess it is because you can't logically provide a proper criticism.

[FONT=&quot]This thread was not meant to be a debate. Refer to the original post:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

The OP specifically asked for information alternatives to circumcision for his condition. I provided him with sources of information for exactly what he asked. NORM is a professional organization with medical doctor representatives that have helped many men (circumcised / intact) deal with foreskin restoration / foreskin issues. All three links I provided the OP had legitimate information regarding techniques that could be used as treatment alternatives to circumcision.
    [/FONT]
    Struggling with something to say here - this statement is childish!

Refer to the KNMG (Royal Dutch Medical Association) viewpoint on the "Non-therapeutic circumcision of male minors.

Non-therapeutic circumcision of male minors (2010)

Medical/therapeutic
    There are a number of complaints for which circumcision is an accepted medical therapy, in particular phimosis (abnormal tightness of the foreskin), paraphimosis and balanitis (inflammation of the glans). In the medical world, there is debate as to whether circumcision is prescribed too often for medical reasons, when there are sometimes good alternatives such as plastic surgery or local application of a steroid cream - for example to treat phimosis.9 However, in general, circumcision for medical/therapeutic reasons is not controversial and will not be dealt with in any further detail at this time.

They did not discuss this any further because it was not in their scope (dealing with minors not adults). However, their inclusion of this in the viewpoint is a powerful acknowledgment that the situation exists that adult men with foreskin issues are not informed of alternative treatments.

As I stated, I know circumcised as adult restorers for which this situation is true. They acknowledge it was their own decision but are upset because alternatives were not presented -- and yes they are very disappointed with their post circumcision sexual experiences.

Refer to the Eureka! I am Now Intact Poll
    Eureka! I am now Intact Poll

Out 77 circumcised respondents 58 or 75.3% of them would be happy to suddenly have their foreskins back.

Refer to the "If you could change your circumcision status" poll by Snozzle.

If you could change your circumcised status poll

43 of the 73 circumcised respondents or 58.9% indicated that would change their circumcised status if they could easily do this.

Refer to the Happy with your circumcision poll by Snozzle

Happy with your circumcision poll?

Of the 792 circumcised respondents 334 or 42.3% were not happy; 343 or 43.2% were happy and 115 or 14.5% didn't care.

Obviously a significant percentage of circumcised men are not pleased with the decision that was made for them when they were infants. Read the KNMG Viewpoint - it supports genital integrity without discrimination of male & female. The same rules need to apply to both.

I think you mean if I really want to be "unbiased"....

Again, this was not meant to be a debate thread. I was simply responding to the information request of the OP. He didn't ask for a research thesis on the pros and cons of circumcision, restoration or being intact etc.

I have no issue with an adult man making his own decision. The point is that all options are often not presented. When a circumcision is being considered for a medical need (not choice) alternative less invasive techniques other than full circumcisions should always be pursued first. Circumcision should be a last resort.

If a man simply prefers to be circumcised for cosmetic reasons, again I have no issue with him deciding to have his foreskin removed. He can castrate himself if that is wants, I really don't care.

I really do think that your responses to my posts on this thread have been off base and uncalled for.

#20 Sapien, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
Draft saved Draft deleted