Pink slime!

I've gotten Ground Beef from the grocery store that the date is good, looks good, is a nice, natural pink. Get it home, open it up, it's brown inside, and smells rotted, like the butcher there put fresh meat on top of rotten stuff just to sell it.

I've also heard that some butchers/grocers will inject their meats with pink dye to make it look better and sell it more easily.

Can you say EWWW!?


Hence the rise of companies like Whole Paycheck....ahemmm...Whole Foods. :biggrin1:
 
I dunno, I think we should study the long-term effects of any GMO's before just saying they're safe without any proof. Modifying genetics just seems rather...unsafe. Sure, short-term, they've proven to be safe. But how about a full life of eating GMO's? What effects is that going to have down the road? I'm willing to bet GMO's are responsible for the honey bee decline. There are many more long-term implications than just human health that we aren't having much regard for. IMO, food is one of those things that just shouldn't be manufactured...

I'm inclined to agree. Maybe isolated some of these additives are harmless. But we are inundated With chemicals and toxins at every level of our lives. Who know how tbe combination of all is effecting us? We have seen rises in tbe instances of cancer, autism, add, adhd, etc. Is this environmental? I don't know but it causes me to pause.
 
I'm inclined to agree. Maybe isolated some of these additives are harmless. But we are inundated With chemicals and toxins at every level of our lives. Who know how tbe combination of all is effecting us? We have seen rises in tbe instances of cancer, autism, add, adhd, etc. Is this environmental? I don't know but it causes me to pause.


One of the things that doctors are seeing is a rise in what's called "Precocious Puberty," where children can go through puberty as young as 8, and have the bone ages of teenagers and older.

Endocrinologists think that part of that is the increase in the amount of Hormones and additives in the food over the past 20 years in States.

Scary that Corporations have dumped all the hormones into the food supply without checking what it does to humans who eat that food.
 
We have seen rises in tbe instances of cancer, autism, add, adhd, etc. Is this environmental? I don't know but it causes me to pause.

Without a doubt. The problem is we have so many different harmful agents nowadays that it's nearly impossible to pinpoint any 1 thing that acts as a catalyst for these diseases. I suspect one thing that may cause cancer for one person, won't cause it for another, and there lies the problem. There's just so much shit floating around it's getting harder and harder to prove correlations between diseases and specific agents. Not to mention all of the money devoted to hiding these things, we're digging ourselves a hole that we're never going to get out of
 
I should be outraged by pink slime and I am.
Then I stop and think about all the other chemicals that are put in us daily even through the air we breath and I stop worrying about it as much.