Plagiarism

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
You guys really make me feel scared with all the I-might-get-screwed-too thing! And sadly you guys are right! Today I went to see him and he was negotiating that he begged me not to report and that he'd really want to reedit the whole thing. I agreed, maybe he'd learn his lessons after all. Then, when I met another friend, B, I was informed that jackass had a plan to delete what he reproduced of mine and instead of wanting to do the whole thing again, he now planned to plagiarize B. I guess now B and I need to really report him then.

I consulted one of my other friends who had the same situation, and he said that once a thief, always a thief. Once a liar, always a liar. I guess he's right.
Have you talked to your instructor yet? If not, you and 'friend B' need to do that together. Now!

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
You're not screwing him over, he screwed himself. Based on what you've described, he doesn't deserve to be in the program anyway. Better he learn his lesson now, rather than a much worse one later. Maybe it will be a wake-up call for him, and he'll come out of it learning to take responsibility for himself and his actions. If not, he's destined to be an irresponsible lazy cheat and a fuck-up, and there's nothing you can do about that...

Make sure the instructor knows there is no question about your work and that you had no hand in helping him cheat. Good luck.

You guys really make me feel scared with all the I-might-get-screwed-too thing! And sadly you guys are right! Today I went to see him and he was negotiating that he begged me not to report and that he'd really want to reedit the whole thing. I agreed, maybe he'd learn his lessons after all.
I consulted one of my other friends who had the same situation, and he said that once a thief, always a thief. Once a liar, always a liar. I guess he's right.

Why have you ignored the sound advice you have been given lopo2000? You aren't supposed to be discussing this matter any further with the student who copied your work. Hand in your assignment and report him.

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have you talked to your instructor yet? If not, you and 'friend B' need to do that together. Now!

Why have you ignored the sound advice you have been given lopo2000? You aren't supposed to be discussing this matter any further with the student who copied your work. Hand in your assignment and report him.

I was just trying to buy some time to see if there's a way for me to solve this without having him to be barred. But you're right, I'll go to my instructor today. I'll talk to her about it today. After what he did at B, I don't think there'll be more negotiating anymore.

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I talked to my lecturer today and she decided to give him a chance to rewrite everything. But of course there'll be a major effect on his grade. I mean if he gets 30 over 50, 5 marks would be cut. So, I guess he should have learnt his lesson now.

And thanks Maxcock, for pushing me. :)

Reactions: dreamer20

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
You're welcome, Lopo. Good deal. More importantly, I hope you learned your lesson.

It sounds like he got off really easy. I hope you told the instructor the whole story.

Reactions: dreamer20