Poppers

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The effects don't last long enough to warrant the real health risks associated with them. That having been said, if you're curious, knock yourself out.

unzipped

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
dated a nurse (screwed really) and she had some amyl nitrate glass vials she snapped..... man that was an intense experience.... uz

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
dated a nurse (screwed really) and she had some amyl nitrate glass vials she snapped..... man that was an intense experience.... uz

Twenty years ago, you could buy something like that in all kinds of stores, at least in Canada.
Eight dollars a small bottle, iirc.
What's currently available has not one tenth the strength.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
For the guys who enjoy poppers on here - does it cloud your head like pot does or are you very clear and just feel like you've had a massage?

Once you have orgasms with poppers are your regular orgasms not as enjoyable? Does it enhance the feeling of release and relaxation after you cum?

Thanks for all the info. I've always wanted to ask during sex but somehow it always seems that asking just kills the heat of the moment.

They do not cloud my head (in that hazing way you seem to intimate). I tend to feel pretty clear with an added sensation of being warm from the inside out. The effect never lasts long enough for me to say that I have had an orgasm while the rush was in effect. I thoroughly enjoy my orgasms, pre-, post- and sans poppers.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
They used to be real enhancers, but nowadays, they have maybe 10 percent of the old effect.
They're now constituted quite differently ... whether through much lower concentration of the dilation-causing chemicals, or different chemicals altogether, I don't know.

Highlights from Wikipedia:

Poppers is the street term for various alkyl nitrites taken for recreational purposes through direct inhalation[1], particularly amyl nitrite, butyl nitrite, isopropyl nitrite and isobutyl nitrite.[2][3] Amyl nitrite has a long history of safe medical use in treating angina[1], as well as an antidote to cyanide poisoning.[4][5] Amyl nitrite and several other alkyl nitrites which are used in over-the-counter products, such as air fresheners and video head cleaners, are often inhaled with the goal of enhancing sexual pleasure

Direct, concentrated inhalation of amyl nitrite and the other light alkyl nitrites leads to a non-specific relaxation of smooth muscle, resulting in coronary vasodilation and decreased systemic vascular resistance and left ventricular preload and afterload.

Additionally, the light alkyl nitrites cause the formation of methemoglobin wherein, as an effective antidote to cyanide poisoning, the methemoglobin combines with the cyanide to form nontoxic cyanmethemoglobin.[8] First responders typically carry a cyanide poison kit containing amyl nitrite, such as the popular Taylor Pharmaceutical Cyanide Antidote Kit.

Originally marketed as a prescription drug in 1937, amyl nitrite remained so until 1960, when the Food and Drug Administration removed the prescription requirement due to its safety record. This requirement was reinstated in 1969[1] after observation of an increase in recreational use.

Other alkyl nitrites were outlawed in the USA by Congress through the Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1988. The law includes an exception for commercial purposes. The term commercial purpose is defined to mean any commercial purpose other than for the production of consumer products containing volatile alkyl nitrites meant for inhaling or otherwise introducing volatile alkyl nitrites into the human body for euphoric or physical effects.[15] The law came into effect in 1990. Visits to retail outlets selling these products reveal that some manufacturers have since reformulated their products to abide by the regulations, through the use of the legal cyclohexyl nitrite as the primary ingredient in their products, which are sold as video head cleaner, polish remover or room odorants.

Amyl nitrite, manufactured by Burroughs Wellcome (now GlaxoSmithKline) and Eli Lilly and Company, was originally sold in small glass ampoules that were crushed to release their vapors, and received the name "poppers" as a result of the popping sound made by crushing the ampule.

Inhaling nitrites relaxes smooth muscles throughout the body, including the sphincter muscles of the anus and the vagina.[5] Smooth muscle surrounds the body's blood vessels and when relaxed causes these vessels to dilate resulting in an immediate increase in heart rate and blood flow throughout the body, producing a sensation of heat and excitement that usually lasts for a couple of minutes.[18]

Alkyl nitrites are often used as a club drug or to enhance a sexual experience.[6] The head rush, euphoria, and other sensations that result from the increased heart rate are often felt to increase sexual arousal and desire.[6] At the same time, the relaxation of the sphincters of the anus and vagina can make penetration easier.[19] It is widely reported that poppers can enhance and prolong orgasms.[2]

While anecdotal evidence reveals that both men and women can find the experience of using poppers pleasurable, this experience is not universal;[20] some men report that poppers can cause short-term erectile problems.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you accidentally ingest some of the popper liquid - bleg - is it poisonous?

I wonder if the full strength stuff is sold as video head cleaner or some other product.

readytocum

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Altough still using them on a regular base, have to admit they not give you the rush of the one in the early 80's, but still addict to it, especially when having a dildo session, gets your hole so relax, can get deeper on that dildo...and as for cocksucking, should ask the ones i gave head too, gets me so wild, can deepthroath even the biggest one, lol...still avalaible here in Canada as booth cleaner in sexshop, especially gay sexshop, and baths...guess it,s like other things the higher the price$$ the better they are, range from 12$ too 25$ a bottle

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I wonder if the full strength stuff is sold as video head cleaner or some other product.

"Full strength" is a misnomer. What used to be available was outlawed under the Reagan Regime, using AIDS as justification. What we have now is chemically related, but different. Not as efficacious as the old poppers. But both are "full strength" in their own right. But the old ones had a stronger effect.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
guess it,s like other things the higher the price$$ the better they are, range from 12$ too 25$ a bottle

I highly recommend Iron Horse. The guys let me pound them for hours if I have Iron Horse for them. Discovered it at International Mr. Leather several years ago and haven't ever found anything better since then.