Protest in Pink

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Posts
3,831
Media
3
Likes
1,386
Points
333
Location
San Jose (California, United States)
Sexuality
Asexual
Gender
Male
If you haven't noticed, members on the forum who identify as "female" now have a pink background in their nameplate box. (See left.)

Personally, I don't get it. I don't understand what purpose it serves besides emphasizing that the person posting has identified him or herself as female. We could already find out the sex of the individual without the need for the pink box.

I think it's silly and a bit sexist. Where's my baby blue box for being born with a penis? And what color are transexuals going to get? Light purple? Why are the female members being singled out? Is this some sort of subtly ingenious social experiment by the administrative staff at LPSG? :wink:

Seriously though, I don't like it and think it should be removed or otherwise changed to be optional. Until it's changed, I'll be setting my sex to "Female" and posting with a lovely sexist pink box (LSPB, as I've begun calling it just now).

I encourage other male and transgendered members who don't get colorful boxes to join me in having a wonderful LSPB of their own!
 
Yay Guy!!

I wouldn't care if there was a colour tag for each 'group' - but it is just those that identify as female.

Maybe I should change my profile to 'male' til there is a way opting out of being tagged in pink.
 
Yay Guy!!

I wouldn't care if there was a colour tag for each 'group' - but it is just those that identify as female.

Maybe I should change my profile to 'male' til there is a way opting out of being tagged in pink.

Don't change to male! Transgender, maybe. :biggrin1:

It's all so very 1950"s isnt it?

Indeed.

Lol, I understand your point of view, but tbh, a bit color on lpsg doesn't hurt :biggrin:
I want blue!

Hey, if we can pick our own color or something, I'm all for it. Until then, I'm going PINK!
 
I want blue, with purple polka dots. :biggrin1:
 
I checked the calender and it's not April 1st...

Where's my baby blue? Transgender's should get to be lavender.

What colour do fake women get?
 
As a male who rarely enters chat the OP is obviously unaware just how annoying it is for the real women of this site to be approached by a myriad of apparently illitereate gay men asking how big our cocks are. :cool:

When I first joined the site a little over two years ago there were similar designations. I believe at that time women were given lavendar and men were given light blue.

IMO Making a fuss about something so inconsequential is a waste of bandwith. There is already a blog about it for heavens sake! Get over yourselves people. :cool:
 
I have removed the pink background. Before we had a pink border for female posters, that was removed with the last update, and I had it on my list of things to do.

When reading a thread it is nice to be able to quickly discern who is posting what. However, I can see how the pink can be overboard. Perhaps gender symbols? Does anyone else care?
 
I have removed the pink background. Before we had a pink border for female posters, that was removed with the last update, and I had it on my list of things to do.

When reading a thread it is nice to be able to quickly discern who is posting what. However, I can see how the pink can be overboard. Perhaps gender symbols? Does anyone else care?

Rob how about pink or blue around the gender box? Or if a female wants to be highlighted in pink than she could be given the option to have it.
 
As a male who rarely enters chat the OP is obviously unaware just how annoying it is for the real women of this site to be approached by a myriad of apparently illitereate gay men asking how big our cocks are. :cool:

When I first joined the site a little over two years ago there were similar designations. I believe at that time women were given lavendar and men were given light blue.

IMO Making a fuss about something so inconsequential is a waste of bandwith. There is already a blog about it for heavens sake! Get over yourselves people. :cool:
Did you mean "illiterate"? :wink:

What does this have to do with chat?
 
I have removed the pink background. Before we had a pink border for female posters, that was removed with the last update, and I had it on my list of things to do.

When reading a thread it is nice to be able to quickly discern who is posting what. However, I can see how the pink can be overboard. Perhaps gender symbols? Does anyone else care?

That's fine with me, Rob- as long as male and female both get equal highlighting it makes no odds whether it is a colour / symbols. It was the imbalance that was bugging me.

Thanks.