Random thoughts

<--hates mopping.

Slinging mop buckets and mops hurts.

<--wonders if using a pressure washer to clean hard flooring in the kitchen, bathroom & WC would be a bad idea...OR it could be a stroke of pure genius.

Tour of Britain bike turned into penis
_103291684_sidebyside.jpg
Image copyrightCALLUM STEPHENSON/JANE NEALE

Reactions: Bonfire and MrScary

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I've really wanted to do camel trekking out in the desert for a while.

I have contacts that breed and sell them unhandled and unbroken but gelded.

Training them, handling them and riding them out into the desert and not looking back.

*reality asserts it's self about physical limits*

Fuck.

Reactions: Enid

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I just got my car back after it was stolen a few weeks ago. The police took a week or so to collect evidence, then it sat at my dad's in his garage until payday (I work for the state essentially, once a month paydays at end of month). I got it tuned up and oil change. I still need to vacuum it up thoroughly but it's mine again!

I now religiously lock it, as previously I had not been doing that since never had a problem before and it's so old ... and a stick shift with a myriad of problems. Who the fuck would want to take my junky ass car?

Except I guess stupid kids who saw an opportunity to take it when they saw it unlocked. They used a screwdriver thingie to start it but thankfully not too much damage done there.

It makes me wonder now, peeking out my window as I'm getting to sleep. Will the thieves see it? Will the people associated with the thieves see it? Are they still around?

Police told me they have a suspect in custody but also said they can't get them on anything related to stealing my car, just the illegal weapons and drugs left in my car. I don't even know how that works. But whatever. Looking out at my little bug as I prepare to crawl into bed makes me wonder. Who were the people who took it and why. Will they see it again? Were they residents or friends of residents? This is a gated place.

Initially we thought that my sister's crazy ex was involved but turns out he's in jail already awaiting some type of federal charges.

The mind boggles.

This weekend going to get a camera for our door facing where I will park it from now on. And I will NEVER leave it unlocked again

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
real interesting
like dugongs elsewhere
ate something similar 70s,illegaly Qld,inadvertenty is my excuse

From pier to the Capitol, red tide divides – and unites – Floridians
The environment and the economy are often pitted against each other in a zero-sum game. But, as Floridians dealing with an epic red tide are experiencing, environmental problems can exact an economic toll.

From pier to the Capitol, red tide divides – and unites – Floridians

Emergency departments suck yeasty, sweaty rashed ball sacks.

I'm still very, very unsteady on my feet but I still wanted to get up to close a window.
I tripped on my cane and went through the window.

Local A has minimal effect on me because my condition causes me to metabolise it extremely quickly.
I can't have skin glue, steri-strips or island dressings because I'm allergic to them AND my skin chemistry is so hinky they don't stay adhered.
IV lines, cannula, transfusion lines have to be bandaged in situ without adhesives.
Pain control is either not effective or I'm allergic to.
Don't get me fucking started on the still wet behind the ears interns who have never heard or dealt with the condition
before, race to the internet and *gasp* are suddenly insta experts.
The imaging staff were awesome and totally listened to directions.
By the end I was at screaming pitch and to hell with finding a pain control solutions
just give me the suture kit and I'll fucking sew myself up.
My fucking kingdom for a fucking pair of skin staplers and a shit ton of SHUT THE FUCK UP.
What a fucking nightmare.
My file is now plastered with red warning stickers.
I can think of at least 6 novel uses for their fucking red warning stickers
that has nothing to do with files.

I'm now home.
The window, floor and broken glass can go pound sand.
I need a nap.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
9xlXBYcWaWx9s1KYUE87VfCcIMYyvIF0qfp7cEcvin2_WILC-R9kAj8USLL6SW5gtkC7oEw_Ah9Rd8MR3dMjRZwQQWeVyNtAdTOmLCuPKL8_lS_lyTlv=s0-d-e1-ft

HM ould probably laugh

YmafmgLFHmBulJsidO3JlOA_gAlxB2qhZ0wVTootUhmgWcFQpuLT14nmxpxdeFenhdCmbkgpNp8SEaeFovZKHdQ8lb3ivvfoO1ViSZkOZOtvEBHIcVKIHSowCbJGFuo=s0-d-e1-ft

SLIDE INTO OUR DM'S
Do you have a killer potato salad recipe that you’d like to share? Think you discovered the next great superfruit? Share your suggestions with us here at OZY!

EMAIL US: WEEKENDER@OZY.COM

oddity that one
like the decline of frogs
met a dedicated 20 something frog expert lady,all the way from Europe,on island
she said she just wanted to help solve WHY they were dissappearing/amazing person
we seemed to lose our hedgehogs years ago also
very sad,always loved those ancient creatures

Hedgehog numbers plummet by half in UK countryside since 2000

Longterm decline is blamed on loss of hedgerows and insect prey but urban hedgehogs may offer a glimmer of hope, says a new report

Damian Carrington Environment editor

4318.jpg

There may be as few as one million hedgehogs left in Britain – down from 30m in the 50s. Photograph: Rebecca Cole/Alamy
The number of hedgehogs living in the British countryside has plummeted by more than half since 2000, according to a new report.

The popular but prickly character topped a vote in 2013 to nominate a national species for Britain, but it has suffered as hedgerows are lost and the invertebrates it feasts on diminish. However, the survey offers a glimmer of hope as losses in towns and cities appear to have slowed and the numbers patrolling nighttime gardens may be increasing.

Counting the nocturnal animals is difficult but the data that exists shows the hedgehog is in long-term decline. There are perhaps just a million left, representing a 97% fall from the 30m estimated to have roamed in the 1950s.

More recent years have seen better surveys and confirmed the ongoing loss of the species. The new report, produced by the People’s Trust for Endangered Species (PTES) and the British Hedgehog Preservation Society (BHPS), analysed a series of surveys undertaken by their members.

Records of hedgehogs killed on the roads have been kept by PTES since 2001 and show numbers have plunged in rural areas by more than half. Such losses are backed up by an independent countryside survey by the British Trust for Ornithology.

Hedgehog numbers plummet by half in UK countryside since 2000

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Ok we need a tech forum, or a general ASK ANYONE forum

I didn't have as much time to do my research today on game theory, anyone know anything? I mean I'm on the verge of overnighting myself game theory for dummies here

I guess I'll wander around the internet tomorrow afternoon. Maybe I can find a documentary!

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

4:00 | DECODER
How Trees Secretly Talk to Each Other in the Forest
Before working on this video, I always thought that talking trees belonged in the realm of fantasy. However, recent studies in Canadian forests are showing that idea may be closer to scientific truth than we originally thought! In this beautifully illustrated explainer video, go beneath the forest soil and learn the fascinating science behind how trees “talk” to each other through their root systems.

— Lauren Leadmon, associate producer

more important than you may think,i think anyway

IDEAS

The Hidden Link Between Farm Antibiotics and Human Illness
BY MARYN MCKENNA

For decades, researchers sought evidence that antibiotics fed to farm animals transferred super bacteria to humans. Now a single study has provided a much needed smoking gun.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

PHOTOGRAPH BY TIM LAMAN
MAGAZINE
Poached for Its Horn, This Rare Bird Struggles to Survive

Ancient, bizarre-looking, and shy, the helmeted hornbill is now also critically endangered as poachers and traffickers in the forests of Southeast Asia target it for the illegal wildlife trade.
SEE THE PICTURES

PHOTOGRAPH BY JEAN GAUMY
ENVIRONMENT
What Lies Beneath Greenland's Ice

The expansive gray-and-white landscape might look barren, but scientists say life teems in the Arctic waters below. Photographer Jean Gaumy accompanies a team of ecologists studying this little-known world.
SEE THE PICTURES

PHOTOGRAPH BY PATRICIA SOFRA
TRAVEL
Across Lonely Landscapes
In a visual travel journal, photographer Patricia Sofra documents her experience as a tourist in Turkey during a period of economic and political uncertainty.
SEE THE PICTURES

SELFIES ON ASSIGNMENT
Tim Laman hides on a branch high in the canopy in the Budo-Su-ngai Padi National Park in Thailand in hopes of photographing a helmeted hornbill flying by on the way to its nest. “I knew it was going to be hard,” Laman said in our story on what it took to photograph the elusive bird. "But it turned out to be even harder than I expected.”
SEE MORE SELFIES

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
an apple a day kept the Dr away in the old days,
apparently

IS A POOP A DAY NECESSARY FOR GOOD HEALTH? FIVE EXPERTS HAVE THE SAME ANSWER
By Alexandra Hansen5 hours ago

Some days you might find yourself in and out of the toilet, and some days might go by without a single visit for a Number Two. Should this be a cause for concern?

toilet-2660105_1920-e1536597691144.jpg

You don’t have to poop every day. The optimal number of bowel movements can be as few as three per week.

Is a poop a day necessary for good health? Five experts have the same answer

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
fair enough
closure for them as well,most important

Rescued Thai soccer boys crawl through replica of flooded cave

The rescued boys smiled as they crawled through a replica of the cave they were trapped in.
by Associated Press / Sep.06.2018 / 2:25 PM ET

07000371.760;428;7;70;5.jpg

The rescued Thai soccer team re-lived their trauma. They crawled through a replica of the flooded cave, which was recreated by Thailand’s military government, inside a Bangkok mega-mall.

Rescued Thai soccer boys crawl through replica of flooded cave

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Are Coastal Nuclear Power Plants Ready for Sea-Level Rise?

As shorelines creep inland and storms worsen, nuclear reactors around the world face new challenges.

The Last Cannery Standing
The British Columbia coastline once pulsed with action around salmon canneries. Today, guided by Indigenous leadership, only one cannery processing wild salmon remains.

Groomed to Death
Urban beaches around the world have less garbage than remote beaches, but less life too. The City of Santa Monica hopes to change the image of a clean beach.

Featured article list
Latest articles

The United Nations Is Considering Banning High-Seas Fishing
Recent research suggests a ban would have minimal effect on global food security, but some scientists think the case isn’t so clear cut.
Sep 10, 2018 | 700 words, about 3 minutes

Find out more

Searchin’ for Urchin: A Culinary Quest
Sea urchin gonads are a popular delicacy in Japan, but they can be difficult to find in restaurants and at seafood counters in British Columbia, which is urchin central.
Sep 6, 2018 | 1,500 words, about 8 minutes

Listen to our feature articles with the Hakai Magazine Audio Edition

Is This Fish Self-Aware?
The cleaner wrasse appears to have passed the mirror test—a standard test of self-recognition. If the finding holds, this humble fish will join a very exclusive club.
Sep 6, 2018 | 1,000 words, about 5 minutes

Hundreds of Seals Have Died in Maine
A mass die-off of seals has scientists searching for answers.
Sep 5, 2018 | 800 words, about 4 minutes

Are There Too Many Harbor Seals in British Columbia?
Advocates are pushing for a cull of British Columbia’s harbor seals. Such a decision could have consequences for a wide range of communities and industries.
Sep 4, 2018 | 1,000 words, about 5 minutes

TwitterFacebook

Coastal Job: Experimental Archaeologist
Richard Schweitzer contributes to the field of archaeology by re-creating and testing artifacts in the real world.
Aug 31, 2018 | 450 words, about 2 minutes

Never miss a story with our weekly newsletter

RangerBot: Programmed to Kill
A new generation of sea star-murdering robots is set to deploy.
Aug 30, 2018 | 800 words, about 4 minutes

Bad News Bacteria for Bears
A plan to relocate bears to Washington’s North Cascade region could face a formidable obstacle from salmon poisoning disease.
Aug 29, 2018 | 750 words, about 3 minutes

Hakai Magazine

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I both love and hate living with a close sibling

Yea, I guess we are practically twins. Very close in a lot of ways

Same birthday, same birth time, just different year

I feel like she soaks up everything around her and it's always about sister. Always. Mom died? She's GRIEVING and yeah she gave up her business to do a lot of the day to day stuff (for a year -- mom sick a few years off & on but last year of her life was BAD). She got a lot of medical crap taken care of. She actually said to me this weekend "do you?" when I told her I was sorry it took a lot out of her to be on phone with MetLife all the time and I told her I thought that would be very hard and I'm very sympathetic. She actually asked me, do you? Do you know how hard it is. Uh thanks sis.

I'm like, I lost a mother too. I may seem like an ice queen sometimes and i have to hold up my job so I can squeeze in calls and notaries and courthouse stuff but really?? You gotta act like you the only one grieving?

Eff that!

I'm just being bitchy

She has talked my ear off nonstop for the past week. I can barely catch a break to myself. I get it. I do know we have a lot to do still but damn she is so effing chatty and I just want her to SHUT UP for once.

Sigh

Not only that but she wanted to make my car theft all about her!! Her crazy ex. Which, he was in jail at time so not him. Now, according to her, it's his associates or oldest son. "He always had a thing out for me"

Jesus for once I wish shit wasnt always about her

I dont want the attention, she clearly does though