Seems to me..

jccs: It seems to me that all this obsesion about the size of your dick it very unhealthy.In the end youve just got to learn to live with it and get on with your lives.There are worse things that can happen to you, I quite enjoy having a big.I got over being teased about it at school a long time ago.And if people want to stare its fine by me I couldnt give a toss.

drrionelli: With all due respect, jccs, I don't see that there exists, here, an obsession with genital size, certainly no more than one might suggest, for example, that musicians in an artistic group endeavour (e.g., symphony orchestra, jazz combo or rock group) should be considered obsessive about music.

This is not, of course, to say that obsessiveness does NOT occur here. Indeed, isolated instances (anecdotal, at best) are, de facto, manifest, as per expectation.

Rather, it seems that the "consciousness of kind" attitude prevails, and that there's comfort in those numbers, however magnitudinous they may be.

Surely, most here, as have you, have come to terms with having large penises. And, much as persons who are taller or shorter or slimmer or heavier than average, we know that we are, essentially, no different from others, however profound our phalluses may be.

But, your observations are certainly duly noted. And, as for others staring, well, I agree...who cares? After all, it's not as though it's easy to hide prominent pubic protruberances (and efforts to do so simply magnify...no pun intended...the problem)! ;D

wondering: Let's face it. The instinct to procreate is only second to the instinct for survival. Most of us don't have to be concerned with our survival on a day to day basis. So, what we are left with is our second greatest obsession, which, of course, revolves around our genitals. We don't need this board to be obsessed with our sexuality. And, it doesn't matter what the size of the equipment is, most healthy males are obsessed with their sexuality. Unfortunately, in my case, it wanes with age.

LPSG is a support group, but this board has taken on a life of its own beyond just solving men's problems with size. Genital size lends fascination for many. Look at the topics of discussions.

Also consider the statistics of this board. This generation of the LPSG board is just over two months in existence. There are already more than 4900 members. There are more than 3900 posts. The top 15 posters on this generation of the board have posted nearly 1700 posts. That is greater than one third of the posts by a mere 15 members. The top honors go to one member who has posted 297 messages. That is an average of nearly five per day. But, posting is only half of the equation. Viewing is the other half. I suspect that more time is spent viewing than posting. Views of the pages on this forum number in the hundreds of thousands.

Anyone who spends a great deal of time perusing this board is more than likely obsessed with penis size. Is it unhealthy? Well, there's a lot more to life than just dick size. But, each individual needs to judge for himself or herself.

Donk: Keep in mind that the title of this board as a "support group" has always been at least a little tongue-in-cheek. In fact, I am certain that the original version of the board started as a total joke.

There is some genuine "support" that goes on here. Some of it just advice on doing things (e.g., sexual techniques, where to find larger size condoms, etc.), some of it to guys who are genuinely uncomfortable with the size of their penis. (Many of these seem to be younger guys who are just learning about their newly-developed bodies. I must say I never have felt like I was in this category--I always loved being big even when it has sometimes caused issues.)

Alot of what goes on here is less about "support" and more just general discussion that happens to revolve around a common theme. Same as with most other internet discussion boards.

I do confess with having somewhat of an obsession--perhaps an unhealthy one--with the size of my penis. It has interested me ever since I first realized it was big. And, like others I'm sure, it is that interest that led me to this board in the first place. If I had an average endowment, I'm sure the topic of penis size would have only a passing interest for me. I would probably just obsess (as I do anyway) over the general issue of good sex with hot women. But when I am having sex using my penis--or pissing with it, or showering in the locker room with it, etc.--the size aspect is unavoidably part of the picture. Unlike some others though (including some ex gf's) I don't regard it as a negative aspect.

littlbigguy: [quote author=Donk link=board=meetgreet;num=1039188332;start=0#3 date=12/07/02 at 10:28:43]
I do confess with having somewhat of an obsession--perhaps an unhealthy one--with the size of my penis. It has interested me ever since I first realized it was big. And, like others I'm sure, it is that interest that led me to this board in the first place. If I had an average endowment, I'm sure the topic of penis size would have only a passing interest for me..... Unlike some others though (including some ex gf's) I don't regard it as a negative aspect.[/quote]

This goes for me as well. I've ceased questioning whether the "obsession" is "healthy" or "unhealthy", rather accept it as a theme that "goes with the territory" and is one part of who I am.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
I suppose I have to pleady guilty to the charge of obsession.

There may well be something unhealthy about it, but I think for me it has been almost inevitable — for a start as a young guy with a lot of anxiety I could indeed have done with some "support", and some advice, but didn't get any. So there's no harm in passing on a few pointers to other guys, if they can be of any use. The other point is purely physical ... as I get plenty of reminders of my size every day, for me as Donk says, it is inevitably part of the picture.

littlbigguy: While I cannot close my eyes any more than Max can to the inevitable daily physical gross reminders, the conscious psychological aspect of obsession tends to occur more like in flows and ebbs with me.  For example it's been really flowing of late, as witnessed by the considerably large amount of energy I've found myself putting into the flurry of posts and messages I've been cranking out since first resuming to post here only a week or two ago.   Even though I also have a demanding professional career and a girlfriend and "have a life" so it's not like there's  simply too much time on my hands to use up in any which way that comes along.  To my own mind, this testifies to the real and honest need at least some of us have to use a number of different means, including the specific forms of disclosure (among them humor) that we uniquely avail ourselves of here, to find continuously successful  ways of living with this very funny thing that all men have but some find sticking out, whether physically or psychically,  to a considerably greater degree than on the others. Lpsg doesn't have to sound like a 100% serious support group for a class of people who might otherwise might be tempted to jump off the bridge in order for it to serve a very real and worthwhile purpose to those individuals whose lives are especially influenced by the particular topic that it deals with.

Icarus213: In the counseling field the biggest question we try to answer whenever an issue is a big deal for anyone is, "Is it maladaptive?" meaning, does the issue cause the person to have problems in different areas of his life? Does he feel bad about himself? Does it interfere in his relationships with other people? Does it cause him to "lose out on life" in any way? If the answers to these questions is generally no, then the issue, despite the fact he may give it a lot of attention, is not really a problem unless he sees it as such.

Bottom line, giving a lot of attention to a subject is only an "obsession" if it causes problems for you. Otherwise it is just a silly hobby :-*

Icarus213: Plus, it helps your sex life a lot if having a big dick turns you and your partner on. So even if it is a bit of an obsession, it probably doesn't hurt your sexual health.

littlbigguy: [quote author=Icarus213 link=board=meetgreet;num=1039188332;start=0#7 date=12/08/02 at 14:17:52]In the counseling field the biggest question we try to answer whenever an issue is a big deal for anyone is, "Is it maladaptive?" meaning, does the issue cause the person to have problems in different areas of his life?  ........ Bottom line, giving a lot of attention to a subject is only an "obsession" if it causes problems for you.  Otherwise it is just a silly hobby [/quote]

I've been thinking about Icarus' description of one version of a well hung man's obsession with his own largeness as a "silly hobby", and the more I ponder on it the more I see that this description actually fits my own case pretty well. Discovery of lpsg has definitely influenced my current practice of this hobby, at least by adding a verbal and written component that I'd never associated with it before. Whether the written part is making my hobby even sillier is actually a rather serious open question in my mind right now. But I haven't become completely maladaptive, at least not yet, so I'll trust Icarus' criterion and push this a little farther.

My present hobby did indeed begin as a definite obsession during the teenage years, when a series of unmistakable and unusually intense growth spurts hit me with something that I wasn't really prepared for and certainly couldn't at first quite figure out how to live with. I'd hate to have to recall now all the stupid big dick pet tricks I invented and (worse yet!) the showoff routines to accompany them, which were my way at the time of exploring a crazy new erotic potential that simply had to be dealt with in one way or another. The large penis obsession might have started differently for others, but my own particular version of it started merely from the point of view of a nerdy kid who at the time knew very little about what other boys had and what they were doing with theirs, and definitely knew nothing yet about girls, but was merely exploring the wonder of his own body and one especially outstanding and undeniable part he found on it.

OK, I've grown up since then. Now I'm a sophisticated adult who makes his living through a fairly prestigious career, has a lot of friends, on very rare occasions exploits an ocasion to have casual sex and even has been known to become involved with a lover or partner over some period of time every now and again. While it's still true that I hardly go through any morning or afternoon or evening or night without being reminded of my penis through inadvertent physical sensation or without thinking about how it feels to me in some connection or another, it's by no means the case that I'm consciously saying to myself "you've got a big dick" all the time, for example I'm not even usually thinking this while I'm showering at the gym, a context where I know this thought is very likely to be in somebody else's mind instead.

Icarus has also got it right that a big dick can provide a playful turn on if your partner's inclined to see it in this way, as in my experience most but not all partners seem to be. For "serious" sex a big dick has both plusses and minuses, but for sheer teasing and playing it's proven a nifty thing to have in any case. I'm by no means suggesting that this is needed by or lacking in the next guy, for it absolutely isn't. When it comes to sexual play we all work with what we've got and basically everybody's got all that's needed to have fun and perform a great set of tricks that work for their partners and them. At bottom no dick can be more of a turn on to your partner than your personality and desire and what they're feeling towards you and what you're feeling towards them in return. In a way I almost envy the average guys for whom the sometime complicating big dick issues and the sometime big dick obsession do not come into play in ways they have for me. I'm sure a lot of them are better lovers than I am and I'd guess that a lot of them are also pursuing some less silly hobbies on the side than the dick one, for example sports or music, just to mention two of the alternative ones that most readily come to mind.

awestruck: It seems that most of the posters are enjoying what they have rather than obsessing about having a large penis. Those that are proud of their size are well justified. One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the idea that the well endowed have an athletic talent. Having a 9+ inch penis is probably even more impressive that being able to dunk a basketball. [I know which talent I'd choose.] I am very modest in penis size but really admire you big guys. Enjoy what you have and pride is OK too!

meathose10: Thanks Awe - appreciate the encouragement and admiration!
As for sports ; I was pretty good at basketball in college ( tight jockstrap required - no floppin around in those satin shorts ) but I really excelled at swimming.Speedos were and are a problem , though. I don't care so much about my big dick showing , but those things really run tight across the pouch , if you've noticed. I always felt squashed and the discomfort would actually interfere with my focus when in the water. One day I got to looking in the suit and noticed the inner lining was far tighter than the outer pouch. I wondered what would happen if I cut it out. Bingo! Roomier , almost loose , so my equipment could hang , curve and shift comfortably. I looked huge. It felt so good having just one layer of nylon draping the meat I had a chub half the time. Gotta be careful about light colors though - when they get wet it's almost transparent. I learned the hard way. A team mate was like "Uh , Dude...." and led me over to a mirror in the locker room after the meet. You could see veins and piss-slit, pretty much. The hair on my hangers..... I stick to brown or black now.

Icarus213: To respond to littl (what's going on, dude!) and the post as a whole:

Sounds like you were describing a form of self-awareness: the subconscious thoughts becoming conscious now and again, where you recognize a part of yourself standing out in your mind wherever you go or whatever you do. Like you said, you get the thought again and again "I have a big dick," even if what you are doing has nothing to do with the subject. One might have the same issue with getting old or being gay or being left-handed: that bug in the back of your mind just speaks up now and then and draws attention to something.

Stuff like that can really come from anywhere, but usually has roots in the fact that the issue makes you feel different or has influenced your life or beliefs in some way you didn't expect. Because you didn't get a big dick until later in your development, you might subconsciously consider it to be something that isn't quite apart of you, something given to you that wasn't naturally yours, like a toy or a wad of cash, now a privilege to be used. But I don't want to start sounding like Freud. :)

Bottom line, if you think about it a lot and it gives you pleasure considering it, then more power to you- that's what big dicks are for, right? Remember, something that occupies your thoughts a lot is only as healthy as it makes you and your life healthier. In the meantime, enjoy your silly hobby. ;D