Sexual Compatibility - Do Some Guys Just Feel Better?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ever go out on a hot date with a real looker and end up in the sack and discover that you really aren't into the person sexually?

Looks aren't everything.

There is something about a way a person's body FEELS that makes sex incredibly enjoyable for me. That suppleness, soft body hair, density of muscle and fat, smell, body warmth, smooth skin, and sensual hands makes all the difference in the world in terms of sexual compatibility for me. Touch is just as important for me as looks.

What makes a partner sexually compatible for you?

Why do you enjoy sex with some partners more than others?

Why can you have marathon sex sessions with some people and not others?

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For me, sexual compatibility requires the other person to want to be with me as much as I want to be with her. There needs to be an extremely high level of trust and feeling of being completely comfortable with the other person. When The other person is reserved in any way, I sense that and tend to reciporocate. I wish this wasn't the case. I hooked up with a beautiful, vivacious, wealthy oil heiress last month and on paper she was perfect. In bed....that was another story. She seemed uncomfortable and unsure of herself and that was a huge turn off.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What works for me is knowing we both want eachother equally and are willing to please the other and be open to one another. I'm completely sure of myself in bed because I know if I have reached that point in a relationship I have completely opened myself to him already.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ever go out on a hot date with a real looker and end up in the sack and discover that you really aren't into the person sexually? No. Not that I can recall.
Looks aren't everything. True, none of my girlfriends have ever thought the men I dated were handsome or in anyway good looking. There is something about a way a person's body FEELS that makes sex incredibly enjoyable for me. That suppleness, soft body hair, density of muscle and fat, smell, body warmth, smooth skin, and sensual hands makes all the difference in the world in terms of sexual compatibility for me. Touch is just as important for me as looks. True, I would agree with that.

What makes a partner sexually compatible for you? I never know until I'm in that moment and even then it's hard to describe.

Why do you enjoy sex with some partners more than others? You mean other than his big cock and furry chest?

Why can you have marathon sex sessions with some people and not others? Trust, at that point it becomes more of a mental thing than a physical thing. we have to be mentally in sync with each other.

Impossible for me to pin down, I just know it when I see it.
same here

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ever go out on a hot date with a real looker and end up in the sack and discover that you really aren't into the person sexually?

I've never had a hookup but it can obviously go either way when you don't know the person. You don't have a clue who the person is other than the physical (good looks don't always equal great lover), and what the person has told you about himself/herself(not necessarily the truth). In a relationship you're having sex with a person because you want to and love him/her. Sure it's going to be a lot different.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Looks and sexual compatibility are entirely different things. As njqt466 stated, friends rarely if ever "get" the guys I've found the most attractive.

I could catalog features, but it's the sum totality that turns me on so much, not a certain eyes color or a certain height.

And attitude counts the most. Why are the merely pretty so often those with nothing to offer in bed?

Why are the merely pretty so often those with nothing to offer in bed?

Because they've never had to work to get laid! They get date after date after date so they think they must be doing something right. Why work when you don't have to?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Because they've never had to work to get laid! They get date after date after date so they think they must be doing something right. Why work when you don't have to?[/quote] This is true! That may be why I avoid involvement with classically good looking men.

Marilyn said it best:

The real lover is the man who can thrill you just by touching your head or smiling into your eyes or by just staring into space.

There's no reason to it, just the sum of the parts.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Marilyn said it best:

The real lover is the man who can thrill you just by touching your head or smiling into your eyes or by just staring into space.

There's no reason to it, just the sum of the parts.

Arthur Miller sure got lucky didn't he. Or was it the other way around?

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
when i started dating my husband i was a little concerned because he wasn't my "type" physically. one guy i dated before him had a similar build, and i really didn't get turned on at all by that guy, so i was worried. i gave the husband the benefit of the doubt anyway, and the first time we got nekkid i realized that i really liked his body, especially his belly. now that we've been together for 7+ years, he's started working out and he looks even better. i love it when he slims down a bit and gets really fit-- he's got broad shoulder and narrow hips and it's really attractive to me. before i was with him, i tended to like men who were smaller in stature and wiry. i can't explain it, but our sexual and emotional chemistry has always been there even though he's not the most adventurous partner i've had, nor is he the one that is the most physically attractive. however, i've had consistent good sex with him for a long time and it just gets better. we even climax together most of the time. it's kind of amazing how in tune we are with one another in all ways even when we're not getting along.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can't deny that I have a type that I am attracted to but it doesn't mean that I'm going to be sexually compatible with the person. You can be attracted on a mental level to someone who is witty, sincere, confident, bright but that does not mean that you are going to enjoy having sex with them.

Many have already stated that sexual compatiblity has to do with something they can't describe. It's not a mental thing for me but rather how a person feels and not only in that genital specific way. That softness, firmness, smell, movement, touch, body warmth, hair and skin texture, suppleness all are part of it. Some people just "fit" better, just FEEL better and it has little to do with mental attraction for me, just the body knowing what it likes. I guess some people might call it chemistry. Whatever that is.

Unfortunately or fortunately depending how it works out, you don't realize this untill you become intimate for the first time. Love may or may not be a factor for sexual compatiblilty for me. And it's one of those absolute things that there is little grey area.

southwest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have only ever been to bed with a girl once that I was not compatible with, that was when I used to submit to peer pressure, I hated the experience, I was young and wanted to fit in. I learnt pretty quick that good sex is a result of both parties genuinely wanting to be together. The old story of 'she just laid there like a plank' I think comes from the man not being careing, confident and open to the needs of their partner. I don't sleep around, I think that sex without an emotional connection is wrong..... wrong for me, therefore wrong for my partner. I am only confident with a person I trust, a person I want to be with, that is just my way. Why have uncomfortable sex just to say.. hey I had sex, what's the point are we that insecure that we can shit all over people just to look good in front of our peers?? As I said I did this once when I was younger, never again.