Smoking

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by m_lucas89, Nov 28, 2010.

1. m_lucas89

m_lucas89 New Member

Hey all. I've never been here and I've been thinking about this recently, so I thought I'd see if I could get a good discussion out of this here. If I can't talk about this, just delete this.
    Weed has never been a big part of my life. I tried it once and never did again. I don't see the point. When I was in high school and now, in college, there are so many people who smoke all the time. I'm just trying to get a nice topic flowing and how and why people smoke. Personally, I've always been a pretty optimistic person and I've never understood the reason to smoke pot.
    But let's get the responses flowing. What is your stance?

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Here's a question. Do you drink liquor?

3. m_lucas89

m_lucas89 New Member

Not really. My family has a history of alcoholism so I've never been turned on to it. Maybe a few beers but I've never been into that whole scene. At parties I tend to be the one not under the influence.

4. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

I enjoy marijuana. I don't overdo it, and I think it should be decriminalized, regulated and taxed.

5. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have smoked it, and definitely won't say that I won't again however, what I don't like is how lazy it makes me. I just lose interest in getting anything done, so I tend to stay away from it.

6. m_lucas89

m_lucas89 New Member

Yea, I also think it should be regulated 'cause from what I've heard and what I know that would be a huge fucking economy.
    My thing is that I don't understand why some people do it so much and get so into, and it's pretty fucking hard for young kids to back away from it. I know I did.

7. dongalong

Gold Member

I agree with that apart from the last 3 words :tongue:

Weed enhances sensations and mood. When you are stoned, orgasms seem to be 10 times more intense. I've never had a "bad trip" or became paranoid because I only ever take in when I'm in a good mood.
    It is also a great way to get some deep sleep, I take it if I can't sleep at night sometimes.

8. keith34595

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well I love smoking because it just makes me feel happy. I laugh at little things that normally I would ignore. I enjoy the way it makes me feel when I flip my hair out of my face or what not. It is just pretty intense for me. It took me a number of times before I started to feel the effects of smoking but I really enjoy it now. I also have a big problem with it being illegal and all of the billions of wasted tax dollars we spent on trying to fight a drug war that has done nothing but made our jails over populated and put more burden on the tax payers.

9. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I think of Marijuana as my medicine and use it every day. I suffer from a horrible stomach condition called GASTROPARESIS. Basically I'm nauseated 24/7 and have a really hard time eating very much at one time. I have tried every legal prescription anti-nauseant that they make and none of them work. I have been told by 3 different GI doctors to use weed to control my symptoms. Unfortunately I do not live in a state where "medical marijuana" is legal, so I have to commit a crime to obtain my medicine. As far as nausea goes, weed is like magic. I can go from throwing my guts up to browsing through the fridge for something to eat in 5 minutes if I have even a small amount of weed. Now if they could only make weed in the "non-drowsy" formula.

10. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've smoked it, I don't care for it. I don't like the way it makes me feel. It tends to make me feel lazy and disinterested. I don't care if other people smoke it. I don't like the way it smells, but I guess it may be a little better than cigarette smoke. I abhore cigarette smoke (tried that too.) I also dislike drinking and think beer smells like vomit. Go figure.

I would rather remain free from the influence. I would have no problem with it being legalized. I think I would prefer dating someone who smoked weed than someone who drank alcohol.

#10 HiddenLacey, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2010
  11. m_lucas89

m_lucas89 New Member

I was thinking more on the lines of just smoking all the time. I've known lots of people who use weed all the time, nearly everyday, but not for a medical reason. They just use it to get happy. Like I said earlier, I've always been pretty freaking optimistic, so in my mind using weed to get happy and becoming so dependant on it is almost sad, and it also sucks when people make fun of other guys when they won't smoke. I know from my own experiences.

12. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    I love weed, and smoke it (in small quantities) most days. I don't see what I do as being any different from those who drink alcohol on a daily basis. Its great to do to help relax and de-stress at the end of the day. I don't let it interfere with my duties in life, and I don't spaz out when I don't have any. Also use it to help aide in pain relief, as I suffer from severe chronic pain.

13. m_lucas89

m_lucas89 New Member

I understand it's like the end of the day drink, but I don't drink either.
    I've just never been turned on to it, but I've been chastised for that. I'm very able to have a fun time without being under the influence of anything, but when I'm among a bunch of other guys who are doing stuff like that it gets pretty tense.

14. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I kind of had fun with it when I was in college. It was sort of fun when I was living in the Caribbean. I smoked it with a friend of mine while he was undergoing chemo.
    It was fun but I've been know to eat an entire apple pie and anything else I could get my hands on.
    I have not had any in years because I used to have to have random drug testing at work. I really have not thought about it in ages. I would not mind sparking a doob sometime and watching Fantasia again.

15. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Well, you see, the thing is, I have probably got as much hair on my chest and stomach as most people have on their entire heads, and I have as much hair on my head as most people have on their entire families, going back several generations, in fact, don't you see?

16. D_Delbert Peecock

D_Delbert Peecock New Member

Tried it, didn't care for it, never done it again. Interestingly enough, the smell of it makes my stomach turn. I know quite a number of people who smoke weed sporadically or regularly, and it would appear to me as if they can't go one single day without making any reference as to when they're gonna get high next; it's like it's on their mind 24/7.
    Yes, I drink alcohol but I'm fortunate enough to say that an occasional 2 or 3 drinks/beers for a happy hour/party, etc., is sufficient; maybe one or two glasses of wine with a meal and I'm done. I don't need to have a daily drink to "unwind"...
    If you feel you're under pressure/tension when in the company of your pot-smoking friends(?), and they chastise you, and you're not comfortable, maybe you should explore the possibilities of hanging out with a different crowd.

17. m_lucas89

m_lucas89 New Member

Thanks for staying on my subject, dude. You're cool.
    Yeah, I've found that the 'friends' I once had who chastised me weren't really my friends to begin with. It seems our society, at least young soceity, thinks if a person doesn't drink or smoke excessively that there's something wrong with them, when in fact they might be a bit more secure with themselves.

18. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

But it should be legal, and taxed.

19. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    With the hick on this. Every substance now illegal should be regulated and taxed instead, the deadlier ones especially.

20. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

But, as you say, it's mostly a question of inter-lesbian hairbush discipline with black elastic holding it all together. At least, that's the way you and I seem to see it.

Draft saved Draft deleted