Snakes

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i hate them...

I know i should not, that they are just creatures like everything else on our planet, just doing what they do...

but they are the only animal on this planet that i truly dislike with a passion.

i would not say i fear them, because i have looked at them up close in cages etc, but i definitely do not like them anywhere near me when they are outside of a cage...and if someone brought one really close to me, i definitely would not like it at all.

i do not know what it is...maybe it is their eyes...the slithering, they truly do look evil, and not on the religious "serpent" sense, they just look evil in a general horrible sense.

i know some people consider them beautiful and such, but i don't get that.

i know it can't be that i just really hate reptiles...because i do not feel the same sense of dislike for iguanas and salamanders, tortoises and turtles and such.

i just really hate snakes. :mad:

belly crawling, slithering douchebags they are.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm not a fan either. They smell, and they aren't pleasant to hold. I don't know many people who like snakes, but the ones that do really like to watch them eat live mice and such, which I find morbid. Especially since mice are so cute. I hate finding one in a trap, especially if it is alive, but probably going to die. :(

I don't hate reptiles either, but I don't like them as pets. I can't pet them or play fetch with them like I can with my dogs. Most cats and dogs truly enjoy the company of people, it doesn't seem that way with most reptiles.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not a fan either. They smell, and they aren't pleasant to hold. I don't know many people who like snakes, but the ones that do really like to watch them eat live mice and such, which I find morbid. Especially since mice are so cute. I hate finding one in a trap, especially if it is alive, but probably going to die. :(

I don't hate reptiles either, but I don't like them as pets. I can't pet them or play fetch with them like I can with my dogs. Most cats and dogs truly enjoy the company of people, it doesn't seem that way with most reptiles.

yes, there is a twisted group of people who really enjoy feeding things to snakes...which is indeed sick...i agree.

they all complain that their snakes won't eat frozen or "pre-killed" animals, which is a lie...these sickos just like watching it...there is a huge amount of them who post their videos on youtube of their snakes eating everything...

baby birds (chickens and ducklings), mice, rabbits, live adulyt ducks and even a live goose...

they all try to excuse it by saying "oh it is nature"...which is bullshit...locking a goose into a cage where it cannot escape from a giant snake is not "nature"...in nature, the goose has a chance to fly off an escape...

these people take a sick perversity in snuffing out and watching a creature lose its life, not in a natureal predator-prey interaction, but in a guaranteed, coliseum like death sentence.

snakes are the favorite for that particular gruesome theater.

also, these are the same people who enjoy feeding mice to piranhas, etc.

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We've got three snakes: 2 King Snakes and one Corn Snake.

To me Reptiles are really the best type of pet:

1) They don't want or need to be held. They just want a heating pad to lay on when they are cold or finished eating.

2) They make zero to little noise. No barking in the middle of the night. No caterwauling when they are in heat.

3) You can go away for 2 - 3 weeks and they won't care. Leave out a larger water bowl and go. If you're reptile is properly cared for, it can go up to a month (sometimes) not eating because of the stored body fat. Some snakes in the wild can go up to a year without eating.

4) Reptiles are not slimy or scaly (sp). Reptiles have zero scales. They have folded skin. Fish have scales.

5) I forgot: They can and do eat pre-killed mice/rats. My boyfriend proved me wrong on this one. All of ours have eaten nothing but pre-killed. I don't think they'd even know how to stike and kill live food.

Thanks,

Sklar

Last edited:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I love snakes, they're really beautiful. I hate spiders, so much so that I can'y even look pictures of them without breaking in to a cold sweat, but reptiles of all kinds I find delightful.

Last edited:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
For quite a few years, my mum had a snake in Florida. It was wild, but it lived in the woods near the house. It was a non-poisonous Hognose snake. Nearly every afternoon it would cross the yard and Mum would go out and talk to it. It put on a display of rearing up, hissing and flattening it head and neck like a cobra. She would touch it with a stick and the snake would roll over on it's back and play dead. It even let it tongue hang out! After a few minutes, if the coast was clear, it would wake up and scuttle off. This game went on for like 5 years.

Mum also keeps 2 huge wolf spiders in the house to control the bugs. Nothing like opening a bathroom cupboard and having a 4 inch spider staring at you.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Snakes really don't bother me, but on the other hand I don't really want one in my house. When I lived in the Caribbean I learned to not get freaked out by critters. Once I came home and a really big Iguana was slithering across the living room floor. Subsequently I learned to check the bed for spiders before I crawled in. (I still do that) The only thing that I have killed at the hand of a gun is a rattlesnake, but I figured it was him or me in my mind.

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Media
For quite a few years, my mum had a snake in Florida. It was wild, but it lived in the woods near the house. It was a non-poisonous Hognose snake. Nearly every afternoon it would cross the yard and Mum would go out and talk to it. It put on a display of rearing up, hissing and flattening it head and neck like a cobra. She would touch it with a stick and the snake would roll over on it's back and play dead. It even let it tongue hang out! After a few minutes, if the coast was clear, it would wake up and scuttle off. This game went on for like 5 years.

Mum also keeps 2 huge wolf spiders in the house to control the bugs. Nothing like opening a bathroom cupboard and having a 4 inch spider staring at you.

Snakes give me the willies. When I lived at home we saw the occasional diamond back rattlers every now and again. Hateful and mean hissy things they were. I suppose if one had to live off of field mice and vermin, being pleasant would not be a priority. No thank you to any kind of snake. King snakes are not so bad, I saw one of them in the Humboldt Redwoods when I was up there this past summer. I took his picture :tongue:

As for spiders, I have been bitten a few times and I am NOT a fan. Here in California because of the hot dry weather, we have an abundance of Black Widows. The electric company supplies meter readers with bug spray, because they tend to nest in dry arid spots like the boxes the meters are located in and under the eaves of houses.

Yes, they are creatures of nature and HELL TO THE NO, I do not need to handle them or bother them. :biggrin1:

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Snakes are cool, like spiders some look really ugly compared to others and that can only increase scare factor.

I hate wasps, sharks and gators/crocs, hyenas and wolves

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

I lived in an apartment here in Ft Lauderdale for about two years that had a snake under the outside stairs: he was just a little, skinny bright green thing that would come out and sun himself for the few hours in the afternoon on the path in my garden. He was useless at controlling the mice who'd run rampant in cooler weather and otherwise harmless to me. That's not to say that I didn't require an adjustment period to seeing him every day, though :redface:

Spiders are not my friends down here: I've been bitten twice. Back in Boston I always tolerated having spiders in the corners because they helped with other bugs, but down here they're just awful.