Some assistance, please

ryan1978

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hi

Please see the attached photo. I've had these small lumps on my glans for a few years now. I've ben on the internet and can't find anything that diagnoses it. There is no pain and the symtoms have never got worse. They seem to disappear to a certain extent sometimes. I am at a loss as to what they are but they make me extremely self conscious about getting involved in a relationship.

Can anybody help? Has anybody seen or heard of anything like this before?

Thanks

Attachments

zdc00

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
Seems like the same kind of "lumps" that I have. I've seen a doctor and done extensive research over the years - nothing to worry about. It's the texture of the skin and pretty much everyone has them, even females.
I have noticed that they seem to come and go. Some days you see them, some days you don't.

ryan1978

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks for the replies. I've always been worried that it will put a partner off. I've never had a comment about them but I think I've avoided relationships over the year because of it.

Maybe its time to stop worrying about it.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think you should, for your own peace of mind, see a dermatologist.
They are much better than urologists at diagnosing skin things.
This could possibly be nothing, or it could be something unexpected, like eczema or psoriasis.
Try a teaching hospital, if there is one in the area, and you have insurance coverage.
Either way, you'll be able to stop worrying, and enjoy it more.

S

SirConcis

The wrinkles you have are caused by tension on foreksin. If you roll foreskin over glans while still erect, when glans deflates fully, it causes wrinkles on glans surface because foreksin will put pressure on glans to get smaller.

Once you are rock hard, those wrinkles are generally gone.

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
^^ Not to hound you, but do you have a citation for this either, SC?

I have seen this variance in a decent number of sample pictures. I think it's a natural dermatological variation, and may vary with bloodflow and/or hydration. I'm pretty sure I've seen it with circumcised guys too, so I'm not sure SC is on the right path.

Are there any specific conditions under which it appears/disappears?

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for the replies. I've always been worried that it will put a partner off. I've never had a comment about them but I think I've avoided relationships over the year because of it.

Maybe its time to stop worrying about it.

See, when I first opened this thread I thought it was going to be about papules, or warts, or molluscum...but thankfully it turned out to be about a dude with a totally normal dick worrying that it isn't normal.

I agree with you; I think it's time to stop worrying about it and just enjoy it.

alpinepaul

Experimental Member
Media
first: looks perfectly normal to me

but second: how sad, really sad-sad is it that you worry over some years, even let your conscouisness be damaged, even be hesistant at relationships, than rather just talk to a doctor.

reading this post (and similar threads) made me both: really desperate on how trapped people are in their fears and neurosis - and happy: that i personally with all my flaws can at least talk to my doctor when i am concerned about something.

you spent years with worrying!?! why didn't you go to a doctor? soooo sad

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had a urologist take a quick look (urologists apparently hate these requests as much as you'd expect.) He says it's not a problem and that there's no diagnostic name for it, because it's nothing.

So, there you go.

S

SirConcis

Young Native, when I was uncut with long foreskin, I would get those wrinkles when I pulled my foreksin over head before losing erection, but wouldn't if I lost erection with exposed head and then roll skin over head.

Now that I am cut, I don't get them anymore.

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Young Native, when I was uncut with long foreskin, I would get those wrinkles when I pulled my foreksin over head before losing erection, but wouldn't if I lost erection with exposed head and then roll skin over head.

Now that I am cut, I don't get them anymore.

All right, but considering this presents in circumcised patients too, and your explanation precludes that possibility, that's not helping much to explain the mechanism.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I've seen you provided uncited and/or anecdotal medical advice a lot on here.

ryan1978

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Young Native, thanks for the advice. It does seem to be worse some days, but I have never noiced any particular conditions or times when it is worse. I don't have a tight foreskin so it is definitely nothing to do with that.

I did actually go to a doctor a couple of years back but because my penis tends to revert to its smallest possible size when being examined by an old doctor with rubber gloves on, its impossible to see the lumps / texture properly. He said he thought it was exzcema but I know the symptons of that and knew fine well it wasn't. Like most men, i hate a visit to the doctors and having my penis examined by one is not something I wil ever feel remotely comfortable with.

Thank you everyone who has commented, it has put my mind at rest to a massive extent. About time I went out and got myself a decent sex life now!!