Spartacus

BIGdkluver

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
On Friday, Jan. 22, Starz will premier its new series "Spartacus." The previews seem to suggest that it will be similar to HBO's "Rome," with lots of nudity and sexual activity.

So, will someone please watch the early shows of the series and report on anything that might be of interest to your fellow LPSG'ers--like full frontal male nudity (even brief shots of it) and/or male-to-male sex scenes. (Historically, the ancient Romans supposedly had no qualms about having sex with both genders.)

The Jan. 18th issue of TV Guide with Kiefer Sutherland on the cover has a major story about the series. Judging from what this article says, I think the plot of this new series is not going to be the same plot of the classic Kirk Douglas film of the same name.

So, please keep us posted if there is any significant male nudity of M2M action. Thanks!

ADONIS35

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
According to cable sources there will be graphic sex scenes between men on this show. There will also be male frontal nudity. Can't wait to see.

gregps

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

cali06

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Saw the first episode and it does not disappoint! Nice full frontals of uncut and cut men. Plenty of homoeroticism, graphic sex, and all the testosterone you can handle. looks good so far! Kind of like the movie "300" as a series! BTW Lucy Lawless is in it as a redhead.

Saw the first episode and really didn't like the show. I thought I'd love it since I am a fan of 300 and HBO's Rome but this just fell flat.

A lot of hot female nudity, so that made up for some of it though! And from the looks of it, there will be plenty of straight/gay sex scenes, lots of nudity from both men and women.

But the actual show wasn't really all that good.

B_Aqualli

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's getting pretty mixed reviews. I must wait until it is released on DVD to see because I don't have cable right now. Anyway, on another board, some people are saying it's a "billion times" better than "Rome" and others say it ain't worth shit. What I find bizarre is that a lot of viewers are complaining about the amount of nudity and sex.

mark115

Cherished Member
Media
episode one featured female full frontal. on episode two, there was a scene where they are in the bath and crixus (manu bennett) was talking to his men fully naked. there was also another unknown gladiator who was full frontal on the same scene.

BIGdkluver

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thanks for the responses, gentlemen. I must watch for those full frontal shots of men.

I saw the first episode. As someone already said, I did not notice any full-frontal male nudity in that one, although there was no shortage of naked women, and the men's costumes showed a great deal of muscles and ass skin.

However, I was a bit overwhelmed by the violence of the fight scenes--some of it quite gratuitous, I felt. Blood was shooting around everywhere like a bunch of Old Faithful geysers!

I think I would have prefered to see more dicks and less bloodshed. :rolleyes:

hairyman101

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
There was ALOT of blood and arms and legs flying off bodies!! the men were "eye-candy" dont see how they will get a story of interest out of it.