Spitting not Swallowing = Safer?

D_Eddie Withagun

Experimental Member
Media
Firstly, providing you don't have any sores or cuts in your mouth, can having ejaculate in your mouth transmit possible infections from the 'giver' to the 'receiver'?

Beyond that, will swallowing make a difference in transmittance of possible infections?

Answer only if certain, because I've heard a few contrasting answers.

I was with someone who had my cum in their mouth but spat, saying that swallowing increases possible risks.

legionking

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
if a person has a std, then having sex with that person in any way will increase the chances of recieving the std. whatever std a person has will infect their sex partner if it enters their body in any way whether it be through cuts, scars, sores, ingestion.

it's basically like getting a cup of aids and drinking that.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
from everything I've read (and I was vice-president of the local university's HIV/AIDS orginization for 2 years), aside from cuts or anything like that in the mouth, the risk of transmitting a STD via oral sex (including swallowing ejaculate) is minimal.

berghaus

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay

Oral sex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

STD risk

Chlamydia, human papillomavirus (HPV), gonorrhea, herpes, hepatitis (multiple strains), and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)—including HIV—can be transmitted through oral sex.[9] While the exact risk of transmitting HIV through oral sex is unknown, it is generally thought to be lower than other sex practices.[10] Any kind of direct contact with body fluids of a person infected with HIV (the virus that causes AIDS) poses a risk of infection. The risk from most of these types of infection, however, is generally considered far less than that associated with vaginal or anal sex.
If the receiving partner has wounds or open sores on their genitals, or if the giving partner has wounds or open sores on or in their mouth, or bleeding gums, this poses an increased risk of STD transmission. Brushing the teeth, flossing, undergoing dental work, or eating crunchy foods such as chips relatively soon before or after giving oral sex can also increase the risk of transmission, because all of these activities can cause small scratches in the lining of the mouth. These wounds, even when they are microscopic, increase the chances of contracting STDs that can be transmitted orally under these conditions. Such contact can also lead to more mundane infections from common bacteria and viruses found in, around, and secreted from the genital regions.
HPV and oral cancer link

In 2005, a research study at the College of Malmö in Sweden suggested that performing unprotected oral sex on a person infected with HPV might increase the risk of oral cancer. The study found that 36 percent of the cancer patients had HPV compared to only 1 percent of the healthy control group.[11]
Another recent study suggests a correlation between oral sex and head and neck cancer. It is believed that this is due to the transmission of human papillomavirus (HPV), a virus that has been implicated in the majority of cervical cancers and which has been detected in throat cancer tissue in numerous studies. The New England Journal of Medicine study concluded that people who had one to five oral-sex partners in their lifetime had approximately a doubled risk of throat cancer compared with those who never engaged in this activity and those with more than five oral-sex partners had a 250% increased risk.[12][13]

D_Eddie Withagun

Experimental Member
Media
Here's a hypothetical situation.

---
Person X has no grazes, cuts or inflammations in their mouth.

They are given 10ml of HIV containing ejaculate to swallow.

Will Person X become infected with HIV?
---

This is the crux of it. Rarely do articles discuss swallowing, on the subject of STD's via Oral Sex.

Joelongg8

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Good luck finding a mouth that intact...or lips for that matter.

Most people that brush and floss on a daily basis will have some micro abrasions that can lead to viral entry. Infection will occur at the mucosa in the mouth...not the esophagus or stomach. Swallowing is not the issue...it is the abrasions that are present in every mouth. You would be surprised the shit that I have to work up from mouth samples. What the fuck...it is like a sewer in some of these mouths.

Fault me....I am a medical microbilogist. I hate to be a killjoy for all of you cum guzzlers. Drink up cocksuckers I say, drink up.

Last edited:

D_Eddie Withagun

Experimental Member
Media
slurp up! the drinks are on me!

okay so we now know the perils of oral are purely in the mouth and lips.

cum in the mouth may increase risk, but swallowing doesn't? - because esophageal and gastric contraction is unlikely. right, wrong?

Are there any articles where I can read about this, and show my partner?

joeweekend

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Here's a hypothetical situation.

---
Person X has no grazes, cuts or inflammations in their mouth.

They are given 10ml of HIV containing ejaculate to swallow.

Will Person X become infected with HIV?
---

This is the crux of it. Rarely do articles discuss swallowing, on the subject of STD's via Oral Sex.

There are numbers out there, estimates, of how many sex acts with an HIV+ person it takes per infection. I was surprised how many it was, even for unprotected ass-fucking. I don't recall the magnitude of the numbers.

Still, not a reason to get stupid . . . .

mattsrod7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
from everything I've read (and I was vice-president of the local university's HIV/AIDS orginization for 2 years), aside from cuts or anything like that in the mouth, the risk of transmitting a STD via oral sex (including swallowing ejaculate) is minimal.

thats true. It's very minimal. But would you risk it? What if you had a chip earlier that poked a tiny hole in your mouth, that would greatly increase the risk. Just thinking of it all overall, is it worth it for a 0.1% chance, that's like 1 in 1,000. It's really just not worth the risk. Even if the person tells you that they are HIV neg, they still might have it and not know. A lot of the time it takes years before you become HIV pos.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
thats true. It's very minimal. But would you risk it? What if you had a chip earlier that poked a tiny hole in your mouth, that would greatly increase the risk. Just thinking of it all overall, is it worth it for a 0.1% chance, that's like 1 in 1,000. It's really just not worth the risk. Even if the person tells you that they are HIV neg, they still might have it and not know. A lot of the time it takes years before you become HIV pos.

wasn't trying to advocate unsafe sex in any form or fashion. Just stating the facts.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Firstly, providing you don't have any sores or cuts in your mouth, can having ejaculate in your mouth transmit possible infections from the 'giver' to the 'receiver'?

Theoretically speaking, you'd be fine. But ffnf has effectively killed that delusion for this thread :) That being said, theoretically speaking, if HIV doesn't have an entry-point in to the body it can't infect that body. Entry points can include microabraisions, sores, cuts, a raw throat, etc., etc.

Beyond that, will swallowing make a difference in transmittance of possible infections?

Swallowing spreads the virus around, basically. If you spit the potential entry zones are more or less limited to your mouth. More or less (you still have to swallow back spit at some point, and if you just had cum in your mouth there will be traces of the virus). But, if you swallow the cum you are coating not only your mouth, but also your throat, with it. You're also introducing it to your stomach where it could, theoretically, survive long enough to make it in to a sore there.

Spitting is classified as "harm reduction." There's still potential for harm, but it's not as great.

The statistics indicate that contracting HIV from oral-receptive sex is very, very unlikely. Some groups say the risk is low, others say it's only theoretical. Of course, if you've recently (or will within the next few hours) brushed or flossed, have an illness or infection, a compromised immune system, etc., you're at much greater risk.

But for all the worrying and hand-wringing, it's just to pull it out when you can feel him getting close.

Also, there are many, many other horrible STIs you can get from getting cum in your mouth. Hell, you can theoretically get herpes by just touching an infected dick with your lips. When it comes to oral, you should be thinking more about syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes and hepatitis than HIV. But you should still be thinking.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've heard swallowing quickly is better than spitting. Stomach enzymes kill anything apparently. And drink and swish a Coke after oral sex! Ever see what Coke does a Penny? :)

Meniswallow

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i've swallowed hiv poz cum once. top lied about status. i had no cuts, or scratches whatsoever on my lips or anywhere in my mouth. i swallowed his load and several years later i'm still hiv negative. that was my personal experience. though i know of others who've swallowed hiv poz guys and have gotten hiv. now as long as there are no cuts or bruising or swollen gums, etc, there still can be transmission. for example..if the guy has herpes, ghonnera or however u spell it...u will still get it if swallowed or spit. in the end, do your best to know who ur hookin up with. sex with anyone u dont know is a risk. period.

I was with someone who had my cum in their mouth but spat, saying that swallowing increases possible risks.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Some of us older guys have a certain degree of gum recession. I'm wondering whether that increases the risk on contracting HIV.

Also, consider the risk of contracting gonorrhea. The first time I had sex with a guy I was 19. I contracted penile gonorrhea from him, obviously because he had oral gonorrhea. I know that some guys say that oral sex is safe, but I do not believe it. I've known several guys who have contracted gonorrhea via oral sex. There are other infections which can be also be transmitted via oral sex.

I posted the following in a different thread:

Most of us have seen videos produced by fleshlightmouth. Apparently he has dozens and dozens of partners whom he edges for protracted periods with his oral skills. I sent him a message to see whether he had problems with infections. He stated that he didn't and that it's easy, by sight and smell, to tell whether a penis is infected. Actually, I don't believe that; sometimes there are asymptomatic infections which can be transmitted. I would not be surprised if he's been infected several times and is denying it.

With condoms, I tried a 69 with a guy whose penis was about the same size as mine (7" x 5.5"). It didn't work; neither one of us could feel anything and we ended up using hands. From reading posts on another site, I learned that some guys with a large penis have the same problem when having sex with women and that the solution is to use extra large condoms with a bit of lubricant inside the tip of the condom. The common statement that one size fits all is false. My guess is that that would work with oral, but I'm not sure. Perhaps someone here would know.

We also hear that using 2 condoms increases the risk of breakage because of the friction between them. Although I have looked, I have not found any studies to support that idea and suspect that it may not be true. However, there was a study done in an Asian country which indicated that double bagging REDUCED the frequency of breaking. Another study done in Nevada brothels indicated that some of the women had their customers use 2 condoms, but the study said nothing about the results. I'm not sure that any of us are interested in double bagging; I'm presenting this to show that information is not necessarily reliable. The source is important.

This is a very important thread and I hope that we can continue to exchange useful information and advice on it.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This is a question for Bbucko. I hope he reads it and responds.

Next time send me a PM or something :cool:

The simplest and most correct response to the OP is that, contrary to what you might think, swallowing is safer than spitting, which involves keeping semen in your mouth longer.

It's also worth noting that saliva has enzymes which deactivate HIV (technically viruses are not alive, they are active and therefore are deactivated rather than killed). In fact, there is a continuing and very fierce debate in the HIV community regarding the likelihood of HIV transmission through oral sex. The CDC says that, though much less than through unprotected anal or vaginal sex, the risk is still present. But there have been numerous studies between serodiscordant (mixed status) couples, both gay and straight that strongly suggest otherwise.

I need to get to work, so I don't have time this second to post more than this link to a thread over at AIDSmeds.com which covers this entire thing in much greater detail.