Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The lack of replies leads me to believe that there are alot of folks who skip leg day.
I'm a squat-a-holic. Front squats are my favorite since they focus more on my quads, but I always make sure to incorporate back squats into my week as well as front squats. Monday is hams, glutes and calves with a wee bit of quads and that's the day for back squats. Friday is quads, calves with a wee bit of hammies and that's when I do front squats.

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love squats! As @b3ar said above, front squats are my favorite. But I also do back squats, goblet squats and Bulgarian split squats. I like to do the Bulgarian a with the toe of my rear leg on a Boat ball for maximum instability-- it makes that front quad have to work much harder to stay balanced.
BUT the gyms are still closed in my area, it's been 4 months! I'm wasting away.

Skodalaura12

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I love squats! As @b3ar said above, front squats are my favorite. But I also do back squats, goblet squats and Bulgarian split squats. I like to do the Bulgarian a with the toe of my rear leg on a Boat ball for maximum instability-- it makes that front quad have to work much harder to stay balanced.
BUT the gyms are still closed in my area, it's been 4 months! I'm wasting away.
I feel you bud, wasting away too, but realised I've been an all natural gym goer, and muscle mass seems to stay even after months of just light training, stay natural and stay focused, waiting for them to open up :/

Skodalaura12

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The lack of replies leads me to believe that there are alot of folks who skip leg day.
I'm a squat-a-holic. Front squats are my favorite since they focus more on my quads, but I always make sure to incorporate back squats into my week as well as front squats. Monday is hams, glutes and calves with a wee bit of quads and that's the day for back squats. Friday is quads, calves with a wee bit of hammies and that's when I do front squats.
And to top it off front squats have got better core activation that back squats bud so yes front squats ftw!

Reactions: 51arledge and b3ar

They nice, love doing goblin squats. I'm addicted to weighted crunches though, lol.

Reactions: 1266025

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
some people like me have naturally big quads/calves
why would i want to work it out even more jeans that fit are hard to come by as it is

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Unlike most chicken-sticks guys I see in the gym who wouldn't be caught dead working their legs, I always had one or two dedicated leg days a week and loved squats. It was the only exercise I had to really push myself on and thus is why many people shy away from them. But the end result was a feeling of accomplishment the next day (or two) that I never had to quite the same degree when doing upper body. I used to joke that it was only a good work-out if my legs were so trashed that my wife would have to wheel me out of the gym afterwards. It also paid off when wearing tight jeans as she (and others) noticed :D:yum.

Unfortunately, due to an unresolved condition, squats are a distant memory and I have to limit any lower compound exercises to the leg press, though I don't feel I get as much out of it. As it stands now I don't have a dedicated leg day and do the entire body in one day. This is both because without squats the time to do legs is cut in half and having to catch up on certain muscle groups that suffered during the months the gym was closed I've essentially had to change my routine to almost a full-body beginning one.
But yes, I really do miss squats and hope maybe some day I can enjoy them again.

Reactions: 1266025

ryans138

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Oh, yeah. Squats are beautiful yet brutal. There was a time in my youth where I'd work up to a heavy set of 20. I usually threw up after these. The adrenaline rush was great but the mental stress of knowing that you were going to definitely be miserable took its toll over time.

I only squat low reps now due to safety issues. I feel like once you're working with a certain weight, doing more than 3-5 reps gets risky due to form breakdown.