Stem cell breast augmentation.

B_doc23cm

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it will be a while before you'll be able to go to any clinic and ask for it. Sounds like it might have some useful applications in reconstructive surgery though. Surely you aren't asking for yourself?

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nope, sounds like the most stupid possible use of stem cell research though. :mad: I suggest you try google.

Try google yourself before you call it stupid!:mad:A friend of mine had both breasts removed because of cancer.I think she has a right to have her breasts back without using implants and all the risk that goes with them.

How a female could make such a heartless,ignorant statement is beyond me.:frown1:

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
Stem Cell Therapy - Stem Cells
It's available in Austria already.

Stems cells are mixed with fat cells extracted from another part of the body and injected all over each breast.

Stems cells allow the fat to remain permanently in the breast, without them the fat is absorbed by the body giving only temporary results.

The breast grows for several months but only 1-2 cups bigger

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
To the OP, someone posted a blog on this last week or so with a couple of links. It is a private company in Japan who is doing the research and the technology isn't ready for the public yet, but as Ed69 pointed out, this could mean a bright future for women who have had a mastectomy following breast cancer!

Also, in my opinion, breast augmentation other than to even out breasts or recreate a breast that's been removed is greedy. If you're considering silicone, you should be getting a referral for a body image counselor, not a plastic surgeon. Besides, learning to be happy with your body is a lot cheaper and less dangerous than going under the knife.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Also, in my opinion, breast augmentation other than to even out breasts or recreate a breast that's been removed is greedy. If you're considering silicone, you should be getting a referral for a body image counselor, not a plastic surgeon. Besides, learning to be happy with your body is a lot cheaper and less dangerous than going under the knife.

And people shouldn't smoke ever or do drugs or commit crime. :rolleyes: Isn't it kind of mean to go "Oh you want to augment your body, you must have problems, here go do this, no surgery for you!" Why get a haircut? Piercings? etc.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Stem cells have the ability to grow into any type of tissue. That's what makes them so wonderful. While they do tend to differentiate into tissue like the tissues that surround them, they are also sensitive to hormones. In case anyone was wondering, breast themselves are sensitive to hormones, namely estrogen. I don't know exactly how the people in japan are doing it, but it would seem to me that implanting stem cells into the breasts would be very risky. I know in mice, cows, and sheep, implanting stem cells into breasts nearly always causes teratocarcinomas. Teratocarcinomas are tumors that contain random bits of tissues of various compositions... they've been known to contain fully developed teeth, hair, lung tissue, etc. Not fun!

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I agree with what you say in theory, and a few years ago I would be right there with you.

But pregnancy and childbirth played hell on my body. Even though I am fit and have worked very hard to get down to a reasonable weight, I still have a lot of issues with where I had my c-section and my breasts are definitely not very perky. A friend of mine who nursed for 2+ years says she feels and looks like a deflated cow.

Because of that, I feel very differently now. I don't love fake tits and think many of them look like they were purchased at Sears in the hardware department, but for a lot of women it really boosts their self confidence. I hate my body right now. I'm working on it. But I won't be able to finx everything, and have considered surgery not to look perfect, but to look a little closer to how I did when I felt good about my body.

ModestBrian

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To the OP, someone posted a blog on this last week or so with a couple of links. It is a private company in Japan who is doing the research and the technology isn't ready for the public yet, but as Ed69 pointed out, this could mean a bright future for women who have had a mastectomy following breast cancer!

It's amazing how judgmental some people get when the subject of breast augmentation comes up. I bet you have lots more to say about everything that makes you better than other people. I hope we get to hear it.

By the way, if you ever experience any twinge of concern every time you look in the mirror and see your breasts slowly but irreversably plummeting to your ankles as you grow older, well, then you'll be a big hypocrite.

B_spotted_duck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I won't say that people shouldn't consider this but... I certainly wouldn't be at the front of the line for a stem cell procedure of this sort (if I were a woman). My first thought when I read "...can grow into any kind of cell" was "...including cancerous cells?"

Maybe when there's a 10-20 year track record.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I won't say that people shouldn't consider this but... I certainly wouldn't be at the front of the line for a stem cell procedure of this sort (if I were a woman). My first thought when I read "...can grow into any kind of cell" was "...including cancerous cells?"

Maybe when there's a 10-20 year track record.

I'm not an expert, but it is my understanding that cancer cells are defective abnormal cells, which is why it kills you, it replaces your healthy cells. So yes, t-cells could replicate cancer cells, if they are there. If they aren't, I would think that there is a very very low chance that they would be abnormal, given their nature. So a routine cancer check would probably be normal for a procedure like this I'd guess.

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
And people shouldn't smoke ever or do drugs or commit crime. :rolleyes: Isn't it kind of mean to go "Oh you want to augment your body, you must have problems, here go do this, no surgery for you!" Why get a haircut? Piercings? etc.

Good point. But, if someone can resolve their body issues with therapy instead of going through with this risky surgery, wouldn't you recommend that they try the therapy first?

I agree with what you say in theory, and a few years ago I would be right there with you.

But pregnancy and childbirth played hell on my body. Even though I am fit and have worked very hard to get down to a reasonable weight, I still have a lot of issues with where I had my c-section and my breasts are definitely not very perky. A friend of mine who nursed for 2+ years says she feels and looks like a deflated cow.

Because of that, I feel very differently now. I don't love fake tits and think many of them look like they were purchased at Sears in the hardware department, but for a lot of women it really boosts their self confidence. I hate my body right now. I'm working on it. But I won't be able to finx everything, and have considered surgery not to look perfect, but to look a little closer to how I did when I felt good about my body.

I've also really thought about breast surgery for two big reasons: mine are noticeably uneven, and they're not even shaped like breasts. Pointy, mostly nipple, with more on top and hardly anything on the bottom, and if you take my measurements, I would be AA.

I just can't justify getting silicone (way too many risks), but this new stem-cell research looks promising... If they can really nail it. It'll probably be reserved for those who have had a major breast-changing event in their life. Well, at least that's what I'd like the technology to be used on first. I guess a woman who has lost her look would benefit from the self-confidence boost a lot more than a woman who has never had.

Sorry to hear that you choose the words "I hate my body right now" especially after the work you've put into it :frown1: Loving the body comes and goes, and I hope yours comes back soon.

It's amazing how judgmental some people get when the subject of breast augmentation comes up. I bet you have lots more to say about everything that makes you better than other people. I hope we get to hear it.

By the way, if you ever experience any twinge of concern every time you look in the mirror and see your breasts slowly but irreversably plummeting to your ankles as you grow older, well, then you'll be a big hypocrite.

And it's amazing how judgemental people are when it comes to age. Your point?

B_BigBentTree

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
While I like the idea of this technique, anyone who knows medicine/physiology would know this is fertile ground for breast cancer...

I'll have to do more research.