Stye in the EYE?

bluekarma

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Also putting some Neosporin or Vaseline in there to keep it from getting crusty or stiff at night will help. Then do the hot compress in the AM to wash it off and soothe it. Hope it gets better soon, my daughter got one once.

Ps - if you need someone to nurse you back to health, I'm available:wink:

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
thanks everyone, I have never had anything like this before and I kinda freaked out, because.. well im not going to lie about it, Im pretty vain, and It is hard for me to walk into recording studios looking like this..
but I think in the mean time I will get an eye patch, and just say "arrrrr" a lot until it totally gets better!
thanks for the help :)

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
They're quite contagious. When I was bartending back in college a promiscuous little coed got one. After that the damn thing tracked all over the bar from person to person over the course of a month or so. I got it too. It was hilarious.

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
They're quite contagious. When I was bartending back in college a promiscuous little coed got one. After that the damn thing tracked all over the bar from person to person over the course of a month or so. I got it too. It was hilarious.

I read up on them on webmd, and it said a sty is a 'pimple' that forms under the eye lid..

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Warm compresses on the sty will make it go away faster and give some relief. I've had a couple of stys and also a couple of chalzions, which is a blocked/infected oil gland in the eyelid. Neither is fun, but the hot compress will bring everything to a head. However if it pops, you run the chance for an eye infection. Go to a dr. if it pops, because they need to flush out your eye and give you antibiotic drops or ointment.

When I had the chalazion lanced, the pain went away immediately. I have had stys pop as I was fiddling with them. Once the pressure goes down, the pain stops almost imediately. Make sure that you've got some Neosporin on hand.