the emptiness inside

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Work and hobbies can be a great help, I would say that chemical substances are most likely going to dig the hole a little deeper. My best advice if you have the time and inclination is to do some volunteer work for a cause that you deeply care about. It will get you out of your normal routine and sometimes that is all it takes to shake off some of the feelings you described.

pym

Just Browsing
Media
My Gibson Les Paul plugged straight into my Marshall Plexi Stack.
It fills the 'emptiness inside' my nieghbors too!:biggrin1:

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
We all feel the emptiness inside. Or other bad stuff: fear, loneliness, etc.

Look at yours. Examine it. Stare it down. Don't run from it. Running from it only makes it worse. Show it you can look at it and just breathe; that will bring it down to size. (you may have to do that a number of times; you know how bullies are)

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
how does one fill that void; with work, hobbies, drugs, sex? how have you lifted yourelf out of the pit?
I use a heavy duty hoisting crane.

Drugs and sex and othere veils only worked for a few seconds. It comes down to findign a contentment with yourself and finding something to involve yourself in which appeals to you to such an extent that you look forward to taking part in it each day {or night} and try to sleep as little as possible because you get such a boost from it and don't want to lose any time in the happiness by sleeping,

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
We all feel the emptiness inside. Or other bad stuff: fear, loneliness, etc.

Look at yours. Examine it. Stare it down. Don't run from it. Running from it only makes it worse. Show it you can look at it and just breathe; that will bring it down to size. (you may have to do that a number of times; you know how bullies are)

This is how I do it: I dissect it, study and savor each morsel, draw strength from it and move on. Acceptance is a learned behavior.