Trying To Figure Out What I Should Be Focusing On

SilicateWielder

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Title is self explanatory

I'm trying to start bodybuilding, I don't want Arnold Schwarzenegger levels of muscle but I do want more for myself and I'm getting tired of saying I'll do it, do it for a few days, get distracted and forget only to repeat the cycle a few months later.

I'm 5ft5, currently at 115lbs, my goal is better physical health and for a better physical appearance

Previous injuries include left knee trauma from childhood and a past right shoulder dislocation due to lack of muscle mass

I'm open to whatever you folks have to offer. If you need a good starting reference I've linked pictures below

Here are pictures of me currently, theyre nudes for the sake of comparison as I'm trying to get more serious about penis enlargement again as well but that's a post dirty a later time. Taken with a note 9 and S-pen serving as a remote trigger

1248451-1557223445-c03c626a1b28ec912d89960eca778590.jpg

1248461-1557223466-a2f55701b2e8a59a0e8f0115aa3c9942.jpg
1248471-1557223486-40e20e01ab1fb7c5a9fdc72b06a41d0a.jpg
1248481-1557223505-a2c80c96c178865ef4d7a2b31271669f.jpg

Clrwtrdlbud71-fl

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Clearwater, Florida, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Dude, nice bate stick. That aside:
you did not put a goal specifically but I assume any will involve more size than you have: eat, eat, eat + lifting consistency + rest.
- Eat: Read up on how to use Macros to match a nutrient intake your goal and to _track_ your food: you will be amazed at how much you , k you have eaten and you actually have not when you track and compare
- Consistency: you mention you stop and restart, you just cant do that, you will go nowhere and I think you already know this is correct as you bring it up. Has to be No. 1 priority, learn to be efficient, get in and out of the gym, so that even if it is a quick session at least it is a session. Not-hurried sessions? I don't know for sure or science, but I see most folks with good bodybuilding put in about 1.5 hrs day; I have seen one exception who puts in 45m a day, he is super disciplined and efficient at the gym floor thought. Also find a support and accountability group: facebook has a bunch, bodyspace @ bodybuilding.com is one in itself
Rest: well.... I am not to do as I say here, but its evident, read up on it....

Good luck man, tell us what you read and find out here...

Reactions: Bryan Flynn

lookatthat

Cherished Member
Media
Charleston (South Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you belong to a gym things will be easier. You need to want to go and and you need to look forward to hitting the gym. Make it a habit. Give your workouts a structure: 12 minutes of cardio so you're warm and limber and a little fatigued. Get your heart working. Then lift weights for what you want to do that day. I do: Back, Chest/triceps, Legs/biceps, Shoulders, Core/butt - repeat, through the week, week after week.
It's probably not optimal, but it's what I do and it works for me. It allows me to know what I'll do in a fixed time, it gives me familiarity with increments of weight, and I know really well when I'm plateauing and not working hard enough. Also it makes it kind of fun to research new exercises to fit into the routine.
Start out light. Really light. You're not going to be the strongest person there, and even if you were the strongest you possible, there would still be people there stronger than you. Don't worry about optics. Worry about that fucked up shoulder, and tell anyone giving you the side eye to suck your humongous cock.
When you lift, really think about it. Don't just move your hands quickly to finish the exercise. Think about what muscles are working and what it feels like. Think about wrist pain, elbow pain, shoulder pain - if you feel that, you're doing the movement wrongly and/or the weight is too heavy. Think about the muscles that are pushing and pulling, squeeeeze them. Get the form correct and do reps till failure. Then go to the next exercise.
You'll become stronger quickly.
When you're committed and this is part of your routine, then you go all the way and think about more calories, planning meals carefully, etc... Fuel yourself carefully and you'll become stronger even more rapidly.

W4_Hung

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I'd suggest you take your measurements, dont compare them to anything, just something you can come back to to see how far you will have come in a few months. (You will likely get newbie gains, but no worries if not)
Then focus on eating properly along with focusing on compound lifts.

Don't get hung up with how much weight you are lifting, focus more on getting the technique right and keep at it consistently.

Consistency is key when it comes to the body, I would suggest if you are going to a gym, even though might be uncomfortable and you might be self-conscious (I was when I started) bench press in a power rack ( especially with your previous shoulder injury, a smith machine isn't going to be helpful) start with just the bar.

Squat wise, if you can and feel ok doing it squat with the bar, if not start with bodyweight squats focusing on engaging the muscles not just standing up.

Good luck man

Reactions: lookatthat

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You really need to eat more food.
And you need to lift heavy things. Pick it up and put it down.
All else is secondary.
The number one reason people quit gyms is lack of progress. The number one reason they lack progress is because they don't lift heavy enough weights. You won't be able to lift heavy enough weights unless you fuel the engine.

I don't want to see you doing isolation exercises or sacrificing your natural range of motion to contort yourself into some crazy cable machine so you can "hit" different parts of your delts. You squat, you deadlift, you press, you bench, you clean. And then you do more squats, deadlifts, presses, benches, a cleans. And more and more. And more. For the rest of your life, that's what you do.

How old are you?

Reactions: Clrwtrdlbud71-fl

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Start out light. Really light. You're not going to be the strongest person there, and even if you were the strongest you possible, there would still be people there stronger than you. Don't worry about optics.

Damn straight. If you worry about the optics, you've lost before you started. No matter how strong you are, there's someone out there who cares this :emoji_middle_finger: much about it. That goes for everyone there, so do. not. worry. Everyone started out inexperienced.

Remember, you're not weak. You're inexperienced. You're there to learn.

Reactions: lookatthat