underaged dating

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by casshern, Nov 6, 2008.

1. casshern

casshern New Member

now please hear me out and try and read this unbiasedly. There is a girl that likes me at my job thats really nice and beautiful and really means well. BUT, she's 16 years old. Now that's a problem cause I'm 21 and I ain't trying to go to the big house. But she REALLY, REALLY likes me. She's very mature for her age and I've noticed over time teenage girls (some of them) tend to like older guys (I also believe girls are more mature than guys...some of them). I've heard in many discussions that if it's okay with the parents then there's no prob. whats the age range for a boy and a girl to be dating? And in every situation it has happened, notably with the teenage celebs Miley cyrus, jamie lynn spears, etc. People quickly show disgust and hatred and start name-calling. Pedophile, rapist and molester just to name a few. I understand a 20 year old guy w/ a 10 year old girl. Thats just plain insane! But... theres not that big a age gap between us riiight? what should I do? I mean, if she's mature enough should it be ok? Yes? No?

2. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Legally it's not allowed, so I would stick to the laws, that is not something you would want to go through. Perhaps it's better to stick to the ones your own age.

3. premium

premium Member

Albums:
    first off. we're going to need to see pics of the aforementioned 16 yr old. lol...
    it "should" be ok..but it most certainly is Not. i thought that the O.k'd by parents and both parties dating meant good to go..but i think it means...2-3 years for statuatory rape. i do not know for sure but just be careful. there's a 17yr old who likes me and i try my best to not jump her bones. but i'd like to be therer for her 18th b-day. ;) lol..i kid i kid. (sort of) we're sick. there are ladies our own age out there. .. i dont know what to tell you. just do you. be careful. good luck. research your states laws on it. couldnt hurt. good luck

4. iwishiwasbigger

iwishiwasbigger New Member

Albums:
    this actually really depend on which state you reside in.

Just search for "age of consent yourstate"

5. casshern

casshern New Member

so it all boils down to the "powers that be"? That......kinda sucks......i guess

6. Principessa

Gold Member

Doubt Means Don't ~ Oprah Winfrey

More importantly she's 16! She might be physically mature; but trust me she is not an adult. The "it's just a 5 year difference" doesn't hold water here because she is too young for you.

Don't do it. If she pushes, tell her you are flattered but she's a minor and you have no interest in going to prison for molesting a minor. If she doesn't understand that, then call her parents and let them know. :cool:

7. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

It all boils down the the laws that be: both legal and moral.

Be a good boy, casshern, we don't want to have to read about your new job making license plates.

8. Freddie53

Gold Member

You got that right.

In my state, it use to be that 16 was the age of consent, (provided the parents were OK with it.) In reality this is what that meant or means today:

1. At age 15, a girl caught dating a guy who is 18 was at the mercy of her parents. Not always so now. Depends on who testifies what and whe the judge is. If are a guy 18 and over, you best not even share a coke down at the local ice cream parlor as an "officlal date."

2. Girls ages 16 and 17, the 18 and over guy is totally at the mercy of the parents of the girls. Most times, the girl's parents are not going to take action, even if their little girl is pregnant. but they can. The boys only defense is to have claerly had the parents' permission such as picking her up at home and chit chatting with the parents before they go on the date.

Whatever an 18 year old guy dating a 16 or 17 age girl behind the parents of the girl's parents is playing with fire bigtime. Should the parents wnat to sue, the boy hs in as much trouble as the kid who got on the school bus for a all day field trip after taking two does of Ex-lax. He may come out of it OK, but it is doubtful.

i'll end this with a qualifier, the parents reaction, the police reaction and who the jury and the judge is completely makes it impossible to say exactly what will happen.

If a guy wants to date a girl 16 or 17, I would stronly suggest that you have plenty of witnesses to say that the parents KNEW you were dating thier daughter and were "FINE" with it.

No it isn't paedophilia, That is an adult getting his jollies over chidlren who have not yet reached puberty. There may not be anything morally wrong with your relatoinship to the 16 or 17 age girl.. But it may be illegal in your area. Check it out first, not later.

One hundred years ago, most girls were age 16 marrying guys about 21, but that was then. This is now.

9. jakeryder

jakeryder Member

Albums:
    You live in Ohio. The age of consent is 16.

10. casshern

casshern New Member

yeah, I gotcha. You won't be seeing me on the 10 o'clock news in a orange jumpsuit.

11. casshern

casshern New Member

"that was then. This is now." True. True. So like, what if the guy get's her pregnant? Should the law still punish him and send him away? Then the child will be without a father.

12. casshern

casshern New Member

And y'know what else? This is such a double standard... if a older girl dates a teenage boy, it seems like it's always smooth sailing and no one complains

13. Principessa

Gold Member

Promise? Cause you seem to be wavering and that makes me nervous.

Pffftt Most teen mothers are single mothers anyway. That don't mean a thang!

:confused: Since when? It's still illegal and the older woman is often sent to jail for child molestation. Does the name Mary Kay Le Tourneau not ring a bell?

14. bigboy1986

bigboy1986 Member

dude u live in ohio the age of consent is 16 your fine

15. jdoe86

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wear a condom (and have her on birth control just to make sure). 16 is too young to be having babies. And the condom is for sexually transmitted diseases... You never know, she might already be sexually active and you will be glad to have taken the extra step.

16. Freddie53

Gold Member

Of course not. We have come so far and yet we have lost so much. Prison terms for a guy who has sex with a girl and they both love each other and mutually agree to have sex and are mentally and emotionally able to make such decisions is absolutely asinine. Make the guy pay child support. Sure. He is the father unless he signs away his parental rights to someone else who is going to be footing the bill.

Sending him to prison costs as much as $75,000 a year. The child has no finiancial child support. This is stupid, stupid stupid. but I don't write the laws.

17. Principessa

Gold Member

May? She's coming on to a 21 year old man. My guess is he won't be deflowering her. :tongue:

18. casshern

casshern New Member

who is she?

19. casshern

casshern New Member

i got it the first time. Thanx. I feel stupid that I didnt research it myself.

20. Xcuze

Gold Member

How can you not already know what your Age of consent is?

Even I knew what it was & Im on the otherside of the world!

Wear a condom. Thats the best advice on this thread.

Ignore Njqt, thats the 2nd best advice on this thread! :tongue:

Draft saved Draft deleted