Well

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by ghostwheel77, Mar 10, 2009.

1. ghostwheel77

ghostwheel77 New Member

Albums:
    For you women. How many of you find it hard to find shoes in the size you like? Sorry i think i watched sex in the city to much last night lol

2. D_Sunny Beeches

D_Sunny Beeches Account Disabled

Albums:
    haha, nice question :)

i generally have a pretty easy time finding shoes that fit, however depending on the type of shoe my size varies abit. aboot i can get in a bigger size, but a pump for example i often have to go a size or two smaller so they don't fall of.

in many cases i'm a half size, and we don't have those lovely little sweden, so i round up or down lol :)

3. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I have a hard time finding shoes in my size that don't look like orthopedic shoes that my 80 year old grandmother might wear. :biggrin1:

The number size I wear is easy enough to find - I wear a size 7 - but I have very wide feet - I wear a size 7D (NJQT says my feet are square! :biggrin1: Well, not quite, but they are short and wide... One woman I used to train for half marathons with had feet that were short and wide like mine, and she called them "Flintstone feet" :biggrin1: I'll always remember that, and now I sometimes say that I have "Flintstone feet" too!)

I sometimes go up to a size 7.5 in a medium width, and that sometimes works for me (and that way I can get CUTE shoes!) but sometimes even then they're too narrow or just don't fit right on my feet - slip up and down or stuff like that.

4. MickeyLee

Gold Member

i'm 5'11" :mad::eek::mad:

i have issues, major issues, with girl shoes. thankfully my personal taste is more on the lines of combat boots and converse.

ml

5. Principessa

Gold Member

:mad: You hit a nerve. I am a girly-girl who loves shoes and has no problem running or dancing in 3" heels . . . when I can find them in my friggin' size. :angryfire2: I wear a 9AA in a flat shoe or sandal. In a high heel I sometimes take a 9.5 AA because of the way the foot spreads in front when wearing heels. Many of the designers who used to make narrow shoes no longer do. :irked: Those who do still make fashionable narrrow shoes charge dearly for their footwear.

6. Principessa

Gold Member

You're 5'11"?! Damn girl, you're an amazon! :tongue:

7. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I have no bother finding shoes in Europe to fit my feet - I wear a 37 or 38 depending on style (UK 4 or 5) - occasionally I'll come across a strappy sandal or delicate pump that is too narrow for my foot but there will be many more in similar styles that are not. It's in the US where this is apparently a 6.5 / 7.5 depending on width, or some such monkey bollocks, that I have an issue.

Another problem I have is boots - I love boots but I have quite a wide calf (well, 2 of them actually) which has been made worse by circulation issues and getting a boot that will go comfortably over my calves has become an issue :frown:

8. ScorpioSlut

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have major problems.....I am 5'10 and wear a size 11 shoe. Most of the size 11s that you find are either old ladyish or just not cute. And the ones you can find usually cost a pretty penny. To further complicate that I broke both of my ankles in January 08 and am relegated to the land of flat shoes for a while longer.....and flat shoes are especially ugly.

9. Principessa

Gold Member

Dear God! You were hobbled! :eek: How on earth did you break both ankles?!? :confused:

You need to find shoe designers with consistent sizing and scan eBay and Zappos.com for your size. I got a great pair of Stuart Weitzman evening shoes for $15 which had been worn only twice on eBay. Normal retail price $375.

10. MickeyLee

Gold Member

i'm okay with being an amazon. *slouches a bit* the issue is being an amazon in heels, we're talking tranny tall :eek:

even something like biker boots kicks me up into the land of 6 foot giant woman.

11. D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat Account Disabled

The good thing about having big feet is that you can usually wait for a sale, when the only size of shoes left are 5, 6, 10, and 11. That is, if the store even carries above a 9!

I'm not as tall as some here but I've given up on heels. It's really hard to find nice flats though. Like, flat flat. The chairs for orchestra concerts are already too short for me barefoot, let alone with a 1/2" thick sole or even a kitten heel.

I've also never dared wear a heel next to a guy who isn't over 6' tall. Weirds me out to be taller than my man. Sooooo anyone want some size 10s with big heels :tongue:?

12. ScorpioSlut

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

13. ScorpioSlut

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Tell me about it. You've got a bit of height on me but I LOVE wearing 4"+ heels......so when I'm dating a guy who is right around my height it can get kinda awkward.

14. Principessa

Gold Member

I hear you! I'm only 5'8" but tend to wear 3" and 4" heels a lot. I am frequently called an amazon. :redface:

Draft saved Draft deleted